• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ajsieg

First Lieutenant
40 Badges
Sep 8, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
So this is an interesting one. This week is the Free City Idea group. These will given to you by event that will ask you if you want to have the ideas. Example:

We're a Free City! (MTTH 60 Months)
We have accepted the Emperor's request and we are now a Free City. But now there's a new debate going on in our government. Do we strive to be more of a Free City or keep our Traditions?

Keep our traditions.
Relations with Emperor: -20 (+1 Yearly)
Gets Keeping our Traditions for 15 Years giving:
Morale Of Armies: +7.5%

Let's become a true Free City:
Relations with Emperor: +20 (-1 Yearly)
Change Ideas to Free City Ideas

But anyway here are the ideas:
Free City Ideas

Traditions:

• Advisor costs: -10%
  • Production Efficiency +10%
Ideas:

• Obey the Emperor: Since we have accepted the Emperor's request. We should make it so we are loyal and keep our title. Yearly Republican Tradition: + 0.5 / Monthly Imperial Authority Gain: +25%

• Protect Our City: Since we rule one city, we need to protect it so we aren't eliminated. Let's build the walls and show the attackers that they we will die before they win. Fort Maintenance: -10% / National Garrison Growth +10%

• Free City Alliances: We are not alone. They're many counties that are like us. So why don't we join together and become an united front. This will help us be independent and protect us from encroachment. Diplomatic Relations +1

• Produce New Contracts: In times of war, the Emperor will jion us and protect us. But we can"t rely on that. We need to new contracts so we can protect ourselves when we need to you. Available Mercenaries: +75%

• Become Centers of Trade: By developing our cities, we become cities able to house Merchants and flow trade through. Why don't we develop our city to become able to match the wealthy cities. National Trade Power: +10%

• Increase Our Army: Our can small since we are only one province. So increasing the military to house more troops will fix the situation. Allowing us to defend against bigger enemies. Force Limit Modifier: +25%

• Tax Our Nobility: There's one thing to stop us from being a republic; the nobility. So the obcious solution is to tax them. We get more money and prevent them from assembling armies. National Tax Modifier: +10%
Ambitions:

• National Spy Defense: +20%
Next Week we will do: Parma, Pisa, and Modena.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
What if they have really strong ideas like Ulm, meaning they would be considerably weaker taking the free cities ideas?
With the AI, it doesn't matter. The AI can have the ideas or not. It just matters to the player. So for Ulm, what the AI chooses doesn't matter. For the player, you probably want to keep your original ideas.

Reactions:
With the AI, it doesn't matter. The AI can have the ideas or not. It just matters to the player. So for Ulm, what the AI chooses doesn't matter. For the player, you probably want to keep your original ideas.
From talking about the AI switching it just makes no sense as a weak nation for them to chose the FC ideas, it just means they are more likely to be chomped up by a hungry austria or bohemia.

Reactions:
From talking about the AI switching it just makes no sense as a weak nation for them to chose the FC ideas, it just means they are more likely to be chomped up by a hungry austria or bohemia.
Usually the Emperor leaves them alone, but the FC ideas give bonuses like increased force limit, diplomatic relations, and bonuses towards income. So they will ally each other and it's probably more trouble then it is then to leave them alone until unite the HRE.

Usually the Emperor leaves them alone, but the FC ideas give bonuses like increased force limit, diplomatic relations, and bonuses towards income. So they will ally each other and it's probably more trouble then it is then to leave them alone until unite the HRE.
I suppose that actually might work well in the current patch, with the emperor actually demanding lands from people now.

Reactions:
I suppose that actually might work well in the current patch, with the emperor actually demanding lands from people now.
Correct. Usually if someone gives up a Free City they ate up, then the OPM gets the FC again by the emperor.

Correct. Usually if someone gives up a Free City they ate up, then the OPM gets the FC again by the emperor.
It still doesnt quite address the idea that the devs mean to just take out any non unique ideas and that the grouping ideas are by my understanding just placeholders until proper ideas are given.

Reactions:
It still doesnt quite address the idea that the devs mean to just take out any non unique ideas and that the grouping ideas are by my understanding just placeholders until proper ideas are given.
Yes, that is true, but no Free City is more unique than another (Nuremberg or Regensburg) in terms of the way that they were a Free City. It adds more depth to the special mechanic. Having placeholders has nothing to do with. The countries still need their unique ideas, but the mechanic gives you those special ideas for being that type of government.

Last edited:
Yes, that is true, but no Free City is more unique than another (Nuremberg or Regensburg) in terms of the way that they were a Free City. It adds more depth to the special mechanic. Having placeholders has nothing to do with. The countries still need their unique ideas, but the mechanic gives you those special ideas for being that type of government.
I think you would upset a LOT of germans saying that, careful they will strong efficient economy you to death :D

Reactions:
I think you would upset a LOT of germans saying that, careful they will strong efficient economy you to death :D
I said that they were same in the sense of being a FREE CITY, NOT CULTURE (Emphasizing).

Too late, Angela Merkel has already dispatched some german economic advisors to get you, theres no hope for you now. :p
Hello. This is your favorite German Chancellor Angela Merkel. I have come to smack you because you're being an American. Also tell Barack Obama I love him.

What if the entire reality of frienemies rusian/us relations is because they are both trying to win over the seductress merkel?
It's like two kids tugging over something. Mine! No Mine! But then what would Ukraine be then?

A troubled teenager? I'm confused (forgive me) :p

shes 54? Basically world politics is based on two frat boys trying to cockblock each other.
Ok. I don't want you getting the Ukraine cake so I'm going to sanction you - Obama. Well now I'm mad at you and going to block your congressman from coming into Russia and destroy all food that doesn't have Russia stamped on where it came from so my people are going to starve but I'll still have 90% in my approval polls. Take that America! - Putin.

Ok. I don't want you getting the Ukraine cake so I'm going to sanction you - Obama. Well now I'm mad at you and going to block your congressman from coming into Russia and destroy all food that doesn't have Russia stamped on where it came from so my people are going to starve but I'll still have 90% in my approval polls. Take that America! - Putin.
Since the stopping of US imports the russian economy has blown up hugely, the sanctions are actually helping the russian economic power rather than holding them back.

Reactions: