New human portraits revealed for Overlord DLC!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know that it is a lot to ask since paradox must try to maintain fairness towards all the species. But jokes aside, I would like to have a more expanded clothing showcase for humans. I appreciate the redesign, but I would like to even have several styles of costumes for each type of empire according to their ethics.
I think of very formal suits for megacorp or xenophile governments, simple clothes for egalitarians, very martial outfits for militarists, very noble outfits for authoritarians, etc.

i saw at least 69 hairstyles in one video. that is nice but with only clicking its a bit much. we could use a new UI like we already have with emblems, meaning it opens a page were we see and choose hairsyles and so on directly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
New humans, fewer options, and they all look way more similar than before?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there a way to get the Old ones back?
To be onest, the new ones aren't looking good, what Paradox did here again suxx. Everyone looks the same (except skin colour) and kinda asian.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there a way to get the Old ones back?
To be onest, the new ones aren't looking good, what Paradox did here again suxx. Everyone looks the same (except skin colour) and kinda asian.

Wow! Apparently Paradox listened to my complaints and pleas about improving the visual aspect of some original species. The new set of portraits for humans looks great! Thanks Paradox!!
ps: The new backscene of the main menu with the quantum catapult is also great.
lol, now that the update is out and few are happy with the new portraits, I'll be bombarded with dislikes armagendon to calm their fury XD.

I have a specific question about trailer portraits. In the federation and the Nemesis trailer we saw some species that aren't in the game actually. Do you consider to implement them some day? Either in a species pack or in some kind of anyversary update like the human ones?

View attachment 837115 View attachment 837116
I remember seeing these guys in those trailers as well, and I thought we were about to get some really awesome portraits. They look amazing. But unfortunately we didn't get them, and I haven't even seen a mod that implements them.

As for the new human portraits... wow. Could they have made something less interesting? Every single character looks identical, and with such strange options for features, hair, beards and colors. Not a single aspect of them look normal or cool. I'd much rather have blue humans with pointy ears.

Reactions: