New human portraits revealed for Overlord DLC!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yurichenko

Captain
Sep 8, 2021
Wow! Apparently Paradox listened to my complaints and pleas about improving the visual aspect of some original species. The new set of portraits for humans looks great! Thanks Paradox!!
ps: The new backscene of the main menu with the quantum catapult is also great.

Pd: Could you stop bombing with dislike? I published this on Tuesday and I could never imagine that the new portraits would have so many problems. If you want to get your old humans back, visit this thread.
That's all, thank you, let the bombardment continue.

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Oh, I haven't seen the new portraits yet! I've been curious about them: where can we see them?

IMG_20220510_212503.jpg
IMG_20220510_212546.jpg
IMG_20220510_212610.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
We also need more robots.

75% of my playthroughs end up with Synthetic Ascension, and I'm tired of seeing the same portraits over and over.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just as a correction, the new human portraits are part of the 3.4 Cepheus patch not the Overlord DLC.
I have a specific question about trailer portraits. In the federation and the Nemesis trailer we saw some species that aren't in the game actually. Do you consider to implement them some day? Either in a species pack or in some kind of anyversary update like the human ones?

1652260349247.png
1652260464571.png

• 7Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
Reactions:
Nope, it isn't. Look at the scale/skin in particular. In addion there are other pictures with slightly more view from the front. Have a look at the original trailer:

Nemesis Trailer
I stand corrected.
It was hard to tell from the picture but rewatching the trailer really showed the difference.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have a specific question about trailer portraits. In the federation and the Nemesis trailer we saw some species that aren't in the game actually. Do you consider to implement them some day? Either in a species pack or in some kind of anyversary update like the human ones?

View attachment 837115 View attachment 837116

To me the person on the right is what you get when Humanoid#03 and Humanoid#05 migrate to an empire with xeno-compatibility...

• 4Haha
Reactions:

View attachment 837115 View attachment 837116
C-ApcOQW0AMCP0l.png

This is independent work. Taking the current content as a reference, it seems to me a middle point between these two species and the elves / vulcans
Ev9BinLgPmYImwtOOrNyF_7YBX_kIuu43qyt-uKB-Nw.png

Vrinn.png

• 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
View attachment 837139
This is independent work. Taking the current content as a reference, it seems to me a middle point between these two species and the elves / vulcans
Indeed. It looks cool! So i really wish similar portraits in the game with maybe a different clothing style.

• 2Like
Reactions: