New hotfix for windows deployed!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Hello Wardens!

We just published a new hotfix for the Windows edition to address several issues that you reported. We are still looking into solving more, and we plan to have another update coming next week. You can find the changelog and a list of some of the issues we are currently investigating at the end of this post. This hotfix will be published on Monday for Mac and Linux.

We also saw several reports about the game generating areas with only water when purchasing new “land” on island prisons. With today's hotfix, the game will automatically generate new islands when you expand your prison. This is the first iteration of this tool, and we plan to improve in further iterations - in the meanwhile, please try it out and let us know what you think!

Additionally, we are currently working on a couple of new features including a Quick Island Generation that allows players to draw a box and generate a new random island. This tool should help you to add more islands when expanding your land.
We will have more information ready to share with you during the next week.

Thank you all for your feedback!
The Prison Architect Team

Changelog:
  • New Feature: When expanding an Island Map, new islands will be generated, rather than empty sea.
  • The game will leave an empty area for existing shipping lanes.
  • All the Island Bound assets are now showing in the Cheat/Debug mode.
  • Solved pathfinding issues caused by Security Checkpoints.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when deploying a modded room.
  • The game will no longer crash if you intake a corrupted Name In the Game Prisoner.
  • Tyre Apparatus can now be rotated properly.
  • Air Paramedics will now be able to leave the map if their Helicopter is dismissed.
  • Criminally Insane prisoners will now properly attack trees when they acquire a weapon if they really have strong feelings against that tree.
  • Fixed several localization issues for Traditional and Simplified Chinese.

Currently investigated issues:
  • Cooks not being as productive on Island Maps.
  • Janitors having unexpected behaviors.
  • Issues with logistics settings of Docks and Helipads

• 2Like
Reactions:
The cook problem has nothing to do with the island map, I do not even have the DLC and they are not making enough food for my prison that worked fine before the last patch. I ask you do what Paradox does for many of their games and put old versions in the beta branches so we can play the game. Having a dirty prison with starving prisoners and no parole hearings makes the game unplayable

Reactions:
Ps4 edition is broken too. Guards not bringing food to holding cells or solitary. Some items not being able to rotate like the laundry machine or execution chair. New inmates just standing in one spot until they die. STILL no dormitories or bunkbeds.

thanks for the patch! there seems to be a problem with pathfinding for visitation, after visitation, the visitors and prisoners swap positions as seen in the photo below.

hopefully we can get a urgent patch on this, this is ruining my guards since i have very little guards and dont have enough guards to sacrifice going to the visitors (staff only) to get the inmates just to bring them out to the cell

Untitled.png

Last edited:
The cook problem has nothing to do with the island map, I do not even have the DLC and they are not making enough food for my prison that worked fine before the last patch. I ask you do what Paradox does for many of their games and put old versions in the beta branches so we can play the game. Having a dirty prison with starving prisoners and no parole hearings makes the game unplayable
A similar thing was happening to me. I was also only using the free update, not the paid dlc.