• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dr Rare

General
Mar 7, 2005
www.stonyroad.de
New TGW 1.1 Mini-mod v.3 HDP Info

****Link to Download....***http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7843793#post7843793
Paradox Interactive Forums - New Hoi1 TGW 1.1 Mini-Mod v.3 HDP !!!
Released 16/12/07 Brand New

Well the New TGW 1.1 Mini-mod v.3 is here!!( overhauled and upgraded)Yet another fantastic set of additions to the already fabulous TGW(The Great War)WW1 Hoi1 mod.

This is a NEW separate running add on mod for TGW 1.1 which has its own save game space,thus not effecting anyones old TGW install or save games.

These new enhanced files developed by 'erhpdm' in the forum include many new Historical Events and tweaks to the January 1914 , August 1914 and November 1914 TGW 1.1 scenarios.They add new historical events,leaders,ministers,territorial claims and detail to many minor and major nations in TGW which were lacking in the original mod.

It includes all of the many Popular tweaks,changes,new additions and events of the popular Mini-Mod v.1 and v.2 plus much much more added to them and new.

New Mini-mod v.3 Changes and additions to scenarios and events include

All the Extras of the previous mini-mods v.1 and v.2 plus......
NEW for v.3

The whole TGW November Scenario added and all its .inc files changed to match the all previous mini-mod tweaks.

+New Historical Events and Tweaks for....

Albania,
Armenia,
AustriaHungary,
Azerbaijan,
British,
Bulgaria
Estonia,
Finland,
Georgia,
Germany,
Japan,
Italy
Latvia,
Lithuania,
Nejd,
Ottoman,
Poland,
Rumania,
Russia,
Sanusia
Serbia
Siam
Sweden,
Ukraine
Italy

New events include occupation of Konigsberg events with dissent hit for Germany.
Monroe doctrine events to stop South America being annexed and attacked without USA intervening this was a much needed fix!
Spanish and French Riff revolt Atlas mountain events.
Refugees into Sinkiang event and Mongolian and Sinkiang(Northern warlords)events for joining alliances if attacked.
Siam sides with the Entente if USA has done so.(Historical)Siam sides with the central powers(A Historical)
New Historical territorial claims for Siam
New leaders Siam
New ministers Siam and Bulgaria
New Siam Naval OOB
FIX All the missing Japanese TGW 1.1 leader pics added and lots of New Jap leaders there were far to few in the original TGW 1.1 mod to enjoy playing as Japan.
New Added pics and leaders for Estonia,Latvia and Finland
More New Persia leaders
New Persia OOB
New Denmark leaders and ministers
New Leaders Nepal, Haiti,Guatamala,Yemen(Not in original TGW at all)
Tweaks for Swedan,Denmark,Norway,Belgium,Greece,Rumania,Bhutan,Nepal,Haiti,Guatemala,Abyssinia,Yemen
New Historical Coastal forts added for Baltic,Scandinavia and many other countries
More Supplies for Sanusia
New Revolter's
New Flags and shields

New GFX flags and shields added.These are all improvements,except the addition of the Royal Naval Ensign for the British flag but if you want to keep using the original British union jack flag just remove the ensign from the Mod-HDP shields folder.What do you think?

New WW1 Japanese,Italian and Improved German and English infantry sprites!!

CSA The Confederate States of America has been added to the revolt txt and its flag and shield but this is just for fun and not part of the mod itself and will never appear unless people want to liberate it for fun .(People could create leaders units etc and events if they want to).

A brand new HDP(mini mod) Icon for people to add to their desktop.For starting their mini-mod v.3 games Cool!!!!

Oh and there is now 2 new pics in the loading screen just so people know its the mini-mod v.3 loading.

This is a complete New Mini-mod release it only takes minutes to add to your existing TGW 1.1 install and does not affect your old install or save games in anyway.

Install instructions are very simple and included in the .rar file.

Remember you have to already have the Hoi1 TGW 1.1 mod installed on your system to use the Mini-mod.The Mini-mod works with TGW 1.1 like CORE works with Hoi1 Vanilla.

This release is the complete Mini-mod v.3 you do not need to have the Mini-mod v.1 or v.2 to use this they are included.

The Mini-mod v.3 will not overwrite your old mini-mod install as it comes in a folder named Mod-HDP not Mod-Test like the first versions.So you can finish your old mini-mod save games.You can delete your old Mini-mod manually if you want to save space and get on with the new version.

Now even more of the blank spaces of TGW have been filled.

Theres probably more which i have forgot but enjoy!!!!!!

Just loads more extra historical detail and WW1 fun!!!!I dont want to give all the serets away! Enjoy

New files developed by erhpdm 2007.Compiled by Dr Rare 2007

Do not forget to add my TGW GFX tank and plane sprites fixitpack to your main TGW install,who wants to see WW2 sprites in a WW1 mod????Of course if you play with counters this dosent matter.(They fix GFX bugs in the original TGW 1.1 mod)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...524#post6047524
Paradox Interactive Forums - TGW Tank/Plane Sprite Fix Pack!

Dr Rare 2007

I will post a full compiled changelog soon of all tweaks....

Any Questions or Feedback in this thread please

Last edited:
Compiled changelog of all Mini-mod tweaks&Extras

Dr Rare said:
New TGW 1.1 Mini-mod v.3 HDP Info
I will post a full compiled changelog soon of all tweaks.... ....
TGW 1.1 Mini-mod v.3 Change logs

*******TGW 1.1 Mini-Mod v.1********
Changes and additions to scenarios and events include

New Leader's added for Abyssinia,Persia,Sanusia and Tibet
New Ministers added for Persia and Sanussia
New Historical province changes and forts added
New Events and tweaks for .....
Abyssinia
Afganistan
Albania
Austria Hungry
belarus
Belgium
bolivia
Britain
Bulgaria
Denmark
Estonia
France
Germany
Greece
Guatemala
Italy
Ireland
Jebel shammar
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Mongolia
Montenegro
Nejd
Netherlands
Nicaragua
Oman
Otterman empire
Panama
Persia
Peru
Portugal
Rumania
Russia
Sanusia
Serbia
Soviets
Spain
Sweden
USA
Yemen

+New DOW events for Central and South America

***** TGW 1.1 Mini-Mod v.2*****

New province claims for Northern Warlords(Sinkiang) and Mongolia and events.
Italian control over Jubaland and the port of Kismayo Treaty of London events
German Afrikan Militia Events and revolts.(Which make the Afrikan war front much more interesting playable and historical)
Sanussi leaders and ministers and more revolt events
Abyssinian events,leaders,ministers
Tweaking of supplies and units for new post Russian civil war nations.
More Dow events for minor nations.
New Ulster events
New Greek events
New ministers for Spain,Belgium and Persia
+
New events and tweaks for every TGW country to many to mention!!.
+
As the Albanian, Abyssinia(ETH),Northern Warlords(SIK) Mongolian leaders were not in the original game they come with the mini mod in a separate db folder to be added to the main game folder other wise they wont show up in game.
So you know that you have the new Mini-mod v.2 installed have added some GFX tweaks.
Some new flags and shields and a New Zeppelin stand Bmp are included if you dont like them just delete them from your Mini-Mod GFX folder.

**********TGW 1.1 Mini-Mod v.3 ************

New Mini-mod v.3 Changes and additions to scenarios and events include

All the Extras of the previous mini-mods v.1 and v.2 plus......
NEW for v.3

The whole TGW November Scenario added and all its .inc files changed to match the all previous mini-mod tweaks.

+New Historical Events and Tweaks for....

Albania,
Armenia,
AustriaHungary,
Azerbaijan,
British,
Bulgaria
Estonia,
Finland,
Georgia,
Germany,
Japan,
Italy
Latvia,
Lithuania,
Nejd,
Ottoman,
Poland,
Rumania,
Russia,
Sanusia
Serbia
Siam
Sweden,
Ukraine
Italy

New events include occupation of Konigsberg events with dissent hit for Germany.
Monroe doctrine events to stop South America being annexed and attacked without USA intervening this was a much needed fix!
Spanish and French Riff revolt Atlas mountain events.
Refugees into Sinkiang event and Mongolian and Sinkiang(Northern warlords)events for joining alliances if attacked.
Siam sides with the Entente if USA has done so.(Historical)Siam sides with the central powers(A Historical)
New Historical territorial claims for Siam
New leaders Siam
New ministers Siam and Bulgaria
New Siam Naval OOB
FIX All the missing Japanese TGW 1.1 leader pics added and lots of New Jap leaders there were far to few in the original TGW 1.1 mod to enjoy playing as Japan.
New Added pics and leaders for Estonia,Latvia and Finland
More New Persia leaders
New Persia OOB
New Denmark leaders and ministers
New Leaders Nepal, Haiti,Guatemala,Yemen(Not in original TGW at all)
Tweaks for Sweden,Denmark,Norway,Belgium,Greece,Rumania,Bhuta n,Nepal,Haiti,Guatemala,Abyssinia,Yemen
New Historical Coastal forts added for Baltic,Scandinavia and many other countries
More Supplies for Sanusia
New Revolter's
New Flags and shields

New GFX flags and shields added.These are all improvements,except the addition of the Royal Naval Ensign for the British flag but if you want to keep using the original British union jack flag just remove the ensign from the Mod-HDP shields folder.What do you think?

New WW1 Japanese,Italian and Improved German and English infantry sprites!!

A brand new HDP(mini mod) Icon for people to add to their desktop.For starting their mini-mod v.3 games Cool!!!!

Oh and there is now 2 new pics in the loading screen just so people know its the mini-mod v.3 loading.Theres probably more which i have forgot but enjoy!!!!!!

erhpdm 2007&Dr Rare 2007

Last edited:
Ziff said:
Doc, HUGE thanks to both you and erhpdm for your continued efforts. Kind of tied up right now, but I'll be installing and playing this within a week...
You are most welcome Ziff and thank you for your past feedback.I hope you enjoy all the new many extras :)

As there were 80 downloads of the first mini-mod and then 166 of the second i think out little mini-mod players regulars community is growing :cool:

Dr

I like the mod. I've found playing with the AI set to furious a challange. I have also changed the time requirements for the techs to half as long in days.

My basis for this is that some of the nations pursued most of the techs well before the end of the war, for instance Germany had fighters, bombers, Gas attacks, limited uberpanzers (AV7B) all AT THE SAME TIME. The mechanics of the techs make you limit your tech research by also needing to make an army and supply it while reducing an ever climbing dissent (war weariness) - from the same pool of IC. And the nature of the pyramidal tech advances means you have to start some in 1914 and devote major resources to complete ONE of the fields - be it combat aircraft OR Tanks OR Chem Warfare - to get it done by 1917/18. Very unrealistic. Now with "half times" if you want to ignore most of the techs you can rush one of them to completion (again unrealistic) but you are shortchanging yourself in other ways. Give and take.

With the times for techs as is you may finish researching the AV7B by 1917, but you still need to make the divisions that use them, and then have them build up thier organization - before ever seeing the light of day by 1918. That would make sense if you could afford to do that ALONG with everything else, but it just costs too much. Making the costs less makes you want to just spend more on armys since pretty much ANY EXPENSE THAT RUNS FOR 4 YEARS is a hefty price and could instead just buy more armys. So shortening the time makes it more worthwile to divert the resources - because you just might get to use the results - before the war ends.

I'm enjoying playing WW1 with this mod. Its a lot of fun and with the AI set to furious it gets pretty tough. I find myself watching the major battles with breath held to see if I can force the AI to yield. Its no walkover. A lot of the battles I dont win - but if I dont try, I'll never win any battles. A real challange.

Hello Grattons

Thanks for your feedback : :)

Very glad you liked the mod and that you found it a challenge. :cool:

Is the v.3 the first mini mod version you have played?
If not did you enjoy/notice the differences from the other versions?
Did you like the new sprites?
Had you played TGW before without the mini mod?

I am very interested and pleased to see your ideas.I am not personally very knowledgeable about the changing and altering of techs.(but i am learning and have some new ideas of my own?)

The mini mod itself has not changed any Techs or AI files, but it does add detail and events which make things more historical and that do change and add more challenges to game.

I think your ideas are good and i agree with your points it is very hard to tech up,but i do not know the reasons why the original TGW modders came to there final decisions on tech research times?Maybe trawling through the Tech thread in this forum will find the answer.
Perhaps even posting your ideas in the tech thread might get a replie from one of the original TGW tech modders with the knowledge?And might open up the forum a bit for new modding discussion :cool:

With shorter research times though ,would the mod not be less challenging for you?Maybe 50% reduction is to much?Perhaps 25% reduction in tech time would be better?

Some of the tanks and gas techs in the game are 1930's tech,i personally think the mod could be stretched to 1930 0r 35.
I have seen AI in Game produce tanks and decent varied types of planes but AI cannot Gas Attack.

The amazing thing about the mod is sometimes i just watch the world with the fog of war turned off playing as a futile minor and see the game play itself completely historically and then other times completely unhistorical.

Dr Rare

Mini-mod v.3 feedback???

TGW (HDP)Mini-mod v.3 feedback???

Is anyone playing still?Downloads are still happening but no Feedback?

Such great encouragement for a v.4 version :(

Dr

Sorry Doc. I started a game back in late December but I didn't get far into it. The brown stuff hit the whirly thing at work and my free time ended. I've been pulling 60-70 hour weeks since then, but things are looking up. I'll be back on a "normal" schedule within a few weeks and then I'll pick up again. What little I got to see looked great! I've been itching to see all the new goodies, but I haven't had the chance. Please don't get discouraged. The fact that people downloaded it should tell you something. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

Thanks dude ,in that case there will be a v.4 one day.... with a few more nice events and tweaks and including an original TGW bug :eek: we have found and isolated and fixed that causes a CTD consider it mini-mod fixed :D

Dr

Hey Doc, sorry for the lack of feedback, have started several games but for one reason or another have yet to fight one through to a conclusion. Am very impressed though and have experianced no technical issues, v3 is both stable and sound on my machine.

Noted that there seems to be a bit of a bias against the War starting in August 1914, on three occasions (playing as Germany, France and the Ottoman's) it takes the Balkan crisis of 1915 to cause the War.

Not sure if this is a TGW or an HDP issue but in the last game as Germany, I ended up both at war and allied with the Ottoman Empire at the same time. This game is a real can of worms, Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan and the Ottoman's with some minors at war Britain, France and Rumania. The Turks are allied with Germany but at war with Russia, A-H and the rest of the Alliance including Germany! A-H is at war with the Alliance (including Turkey) but not allied with the Entente. It would seem that some events overlapped and I'm concerned that the Ottoman paradox might cause a crash at some point.

TGW/HDP is still outstanding though, you and all involved have done well.

Cheers

comac said:
Hey Doc, sorry for the lack of feedback, have started several games but for one reason or another have yet to fight one through to a conclusion. Am very impressed though and have experianced no technical issues, v3 is both stable and sound on my machine.

Noted that there seems to be a bit of a bias against the War starting in August 1914, on three occasions (playing as Germany, France and the Ottoman's) it takes the Balkan crisis of 1915 to cause the War.

Not sure if this is a TGW or an HDP issue but in the last game as Germany, I ended up both at war and allied with the Ottoman Empire at the same time. This game is a real can of worms, Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan and the Ottoman's with some minors at war Britain, France and Rumania. The Turks are allied with Germany but at war with Russia, A-H and the rest of the Alliance including Germany! A-H is at war with the Alliance (including Turkey) but not allied with the Entente. It would seem that some events overlapped and I'm concerned that the Ottoman paradox might cause a crash at some point.

TGW/HDP is still outstanding though, you and all involved have done well.

Cheers

Excellent thanks for the feedback Comac.

The can of worms is a TGW original issue and i have seen it a few time myself.It is usually caused by the Human players actions to some events ,which put off the war and turns it into a 3rd Balkan War ,which escalates as the first two Balkan wars almost could have into a messy war on many fronts.

It reminds me a little of the old world in flames scenario when every one is at war with everyone. :eek:

I do not know of this being a problem, rather I think its meant to be this way as an alternative history possibility.

I think it only happens if you play the January 1914 scenario which can obviously effect the wars start, unlike the August scenario which starts with the wars opening moves and the November Scenario which represents the start of the Trench war stalemate.

If you do experience any problems or a crash please report again.It is a original TGW event though and i think its may sort itself out with later events and treaty's etc as it has happened in my game's before and i have not had a crash from it in tests ,but i have not played it all the way to the end from this 3rd Balkan war series of events.

thanks again

Dr

Hoi1 TGW 1.1 Mini-mod v.3 (HDP) Feedback?

Echo echo......

The New Hoi1 TGW 1.1 Mini-mod v.3 (HDP)has been downloaded 273 times over the year its been out ,but there has been very little feedback?In fact in this thread only 2 people.

Not very encouraging.

A v.4 release is planned in the future with even more extras, but is anyone still interested?.The Download count says that you are ,but the silence does not.

Dr

Yeah, Sorry Rare,

I have downloaded/installed it but have not really played much, been spending
to much time in play testing core and now tied up with the Raider mod that
I am working on for core.

I downloaded it but I am having problem trying to install it. The first problem I ran into was the target I believe the target is incorrect my HoI and TGW file is in my strategy first folder not paradox entertainment file. When I thought I figured it out a error message came up about excel file not found. Can someone tell me exactly what to put in the target line.

I downloaded it but I am having problem trying to install it. The first problem I ran into was the target I believe the target is incorrect my HoI and TGW file is in my strategy first folder not paradox entertainment file. When I thought I figured it out a error message came up about excel file not found. Can someone tell me exactly what to put in the target line.

Just to check before you added mini mod did you have a running working version of TGW 1.1 installed not an earlier version?...When you do have that running then add the Mini mod as it is an add on.

I am quite sure that the problem is at your end as there have been no other problem reports ever.
If its in your strategy first folder ,then i imagine you just add that to your target line and not paradox entertainment .

eg.Instead of this..
"C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\TGW Experiment\HoI.exe" Mod-Test
something like this????
"C:\Program Files\Strategy first\TGW Experiment\HoI.exe" Mod-Test

Good luck

Dr

Could you please post a link of TGW mod mate ?

As I've mentioned elsewhere I'm stupid on Tuesdays .

Thanks .

Nevermind , normally I would erase the above message but I actually want the world to understand I am Stoopeed on Tuesdays . Heh . Mods feel free to erase this post .

Last edited:
Could you please post a link of TGW mod mate ?
No problem my Greek Brother;) well 1/16th Greek Brother:D

First the TGW 1.1 mod
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4820026&postcount=1

Then you need to add the TGW 1.1 (HDP)Mini-mod v.3...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334558

and there are some GFX fixes...
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268971

and if you like some improved TGW flags and shields...
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8711

The Game runs from 1914 to 1925 it will run longer but there are no more events after 1925.Unfortunately it is not possible to convert the WW1 savegames to the WW2 game.

TGW is a great mod though it is very familiar ,but very different compared to Hoi1 WW2 and the Battles are very long and bloody and you never get nuked ;)

Have fun

Dr

Thank you very much . ( Ευχαριστώ πολύ [ Efharisto pole ] hey Bro , some Greek for you to catch up with ol' Greek heritage :) )

Since late last night ( or let's say Wednesday early in the morning ) I managed to install both the mod and the mini-mod , and got down to business . An unfortunate event happened though . After reloading a game ( still being neutral Greece ) , I realised that my puppet state Albania had joined the Central Powers , I promptly joined the Entente , beat them up quickly but I was unable to Annex or Puppet State them , furthermore the province of Tirana even though occupied didn't show like that . Bugger .

It's a shame that saves cannot be converted . I would enjoy a Greek ( minor ) powerhouse in the eastern Mediterranean at 1936 .

Oh well . One can't have everything I guess . And we are sure happy with what we got , yes sir we are !

Now on to my chance for glory and immortality .

Great mod and mini-mod even though having installed both at once I can't actually say which is which . I enjoy them all the same . Greek events rawk .

Keep up the good work .