• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kayden_II

Banned
43 Badges
Jan 6, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
Dear PDS, I had purchased HoI-III and its 3 major expansions a few days ago, but I had refunded it: Why ? As soon as I've figured out, that it's not possible to delete or even rename division-templates, I had speculated, that something like this is just the "tip of the iceberg" ...

So, afaIk, you had made a Victoria-II-patch, even after its official support-end: So, is it possible, that you're willing to do the same for this game, too ? ...

I mean, HoI-III wasn't a casual game and (in comparison with HoI-IV) it has still some really superior features like the army-structure (theaters, army-groups, armies, corps and divisions) in combination with its commanders ...

Seriously, you've lost 10 bucks, just because you've "missed" to implement something trivial like the (mentioned) possibility to delete / rename division-templates: That does not have to be.

You're bothered because you can't change the template for the division designer? Whoo, boy. If you absolutely must have it, you can rename them in the starting files, and it is a fairly minor modification.

Dear PDS,.....

There is nobody from Paradox here to listen to you. :(
Sorry to dissapoint you but you are really a little bit late for that party.;)
The game is what it is. :cool:
Try some of the mods maybe you find what you looking for.:D
Most of us do fancy one or the other mod.:rolleyes:

You're bothered because you can't change the template for the division designer?
Whoo, boy.
I had speculated, that something like this is just the "tip of the iceberg" ...
If you absolutely must have it, you can rename them in the starting files, and it is a fairly minor modification.
Yeah Yeah, we can mod and bla bla bla, but 01. I know that, 02. each country has its own file for that aka a zillion of potential ones to change and 03. thanks for nothing.

The game is over 10 years old and we've released a sequel.... I'm afraid that the previous replies were correct, no further updates for this game will ever be made.

Where did the original posting go?
Vanished into the orcus?
Funny.

I used to be mad before with earlier HOI, but now I wait about 2 years before I buy it, so the worst bugs are fixed and the best mods are out.
But 10 years after release, I mean how many games has official support after that, its like here the incredible mod community that keeps it up.

The HOI 3 Community is endurance world champion.;)
I can only think of very few games with such long lasting life.:cool:
If it would be for the company itself it would have died long ago.:eek:

The HOI 3 Community is endurance world champion.;)
I can only think of very few games with such long lasting life.:cool:
If it would be for the company itself it would have died long ago.:eek:
ONE of the champions, but not the leader. There's still a very active modding community for Morrowind, a game released back in 2002, including several fairly extensive projects still seeing regular updates. HOI3 has at least a decade to go to match that, and there are STILL more modders working on Morrowind than there were on HOI3 at its prime. For an old strategy game, however, HOI3's modding community is surprisingly active.

As for playing the game, a good strategy game is less dependent on graphics than a FPS game or most RPGs, so a longer lifespan isn't that unusual. Thanks to digital downloads and a few services bringing back older games, there's still interest in things like the early Civ, Total War, Close Combat, and various other strategy or strategy/builder games.

Thanks to digital downloads and a few services bringing back older games, there's still interest in things like the early Civ, Total War, Close Combat, and various other strategy or strategy/builder games.

Matrix Games makes still some very old school games and has a community that plays some games from the 90s.:)
Eastern Front/Western Front/Rising Sun comes to mind for example.:D

If you want an old game thats still being released then 'Mines of Moria' has to be the Daddy of them all.
Its current version is Umoria 5.7.10.
I still have RomeTW, Close Combat 3 and 5 on my PC.
I miss CIVII Test of Time and StarTrek Birth of the Federation.
Which raises a question: Why are all the games from Paradox big and could they produce some smaller and simpler games that don't need endless modding?

If you want an old game thats still being released then 'Mines of Moria' has to be the Daddy of them all.
Its current version is Umoria 5.7.10.
I still have RomeTW, Close Combat 3 and 5 on my PC.
I miss CIVII Test of Time and StarTrek Birth of the Federation.
Which raises a question: Why are all the games from Paradox big and could they produce some smaller and simpler games that don't need endless modding?

Oh no, I just got the urge to play civ.

It might be informative that the last patch to Vicky2 was done voluntary by some devs in their spare time.
And by that time, it was no successor around too. That might not happen again, as in a recent interview with Shams Jorjani (Chief Business Development Officer - Business Development) and Ebba Ljungerud (CEO) it was said that Vicky 3 is, freeely translated, very very likely to be made in the near future. :)
For HoI3 on the other side, while I agree that another patch might be helpful, many of the same devs that worked on HoI3 are now working on available HoI4 and shaping the series to the best they can imagine.

I still wouldn't mind a "Darkest Hour" treatment, despite the fact that apparently (when I asked Podcat about doing it) it was the result of a license. *shrug*

Yes, afaik also Johan said/wrote once that it won't ever happen again to licence the engine.

Dear PDS, I had purchased HoI-III and its 3 major expansions a few days ago, but I had refunded it: Why ? As soon as I've figured out, that it's not possible to delete or even rename division-templates, I had speculated, that something like this is just the "tip of the iceberg" ...

So, afaIk, you had made a Victoria-II-patch, even after its official support-end: So, is it possible, that you're willing to do the same for this game, too ? ...

I mean, HoI-III wasn't a casual game and (in comparison with HoI-IV) it has still some really superior features like the army-structure (theaters, army-groups, armies, corps and divisions) in combination with its commanders ...

Seriously, you've lost 10 bucks, just because you've "missed" to implement something trivial like the (mentioned) possibility to delete / rename division-templates: That does not have to be.
You must be in search of something like this. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ahoi-mod-a-hoi3-treasure-chest.509632/ The modest description is indeed a treasure trove of details that enhance every single aspect of HoI3.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...egarding-decay-seemingly-not-working.1104187/

The above is about the only thing that needs fixing and is easily done with a hex editor, such as HxD, thanks to Germans and their crafty utility programs. Exact Audio Copy anyone?

That's too bad. I still play Darkest Hour from time to time. HOI3 took awhile to grow on me and I still hate the capital centric supply system, but what can you do?

ONE of the champions, but not the leader. There's still a very active modding community for Morrowind, a game released back in 2002, including several fairly extensive projects still seeing regular updates. HOI3 has at least a decade to go to match that, and there are STILL more modders working on Morrowind than there were on HOI3 at its prime. For an old strategy game, however, HOI3's modding community is surprisingly active.

As for playing the game, a good strategy game is less dependent on graphics than a FPS game or most RPGs, so a longer lifespan isn't that unusual. Thanks to digital downloads and a few services bringing back older games, there's still interest in things like the early Civ, Total War, Close Combat, and various other strategy or strategy/builder games.

Aw, Morrowind and HOI3, two of my favourite games. I won't stop playing them any time soon...