• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HeroNico

Sergeant
Sep 2, 2009
with the new dd and all those new diadochi missions I cant but feel a little sad while thinking I'll still be playing with the same 2 generic missions, as that part of the world does not interest me...

Again, I love you're getting more content into the game, but please consider making a few more generic missions, more focused on internal affairs and development, rather than just expansion.
(right now, in the generic mission, 80% of the tree is bocked by some sort of expansion... but but... what if i dont want expanding?)

Remember... you can make 10 mission trees for 5 nations each (diadochi example), and 20% (arbitrary number) of i:r players will play them, or
you can make 1 generic to all nations, and 100% of i:r players will play them.

And yes, localized missions and nation specific tailored ones are 10 times better and engaging, but still, a few new generic ones will go a really long way while we wait for "that specific part of the world" to get the focus.

Cheers!

• 7Like
Reactions:
I think that firstly, the current ones need to be fixed, especially the generic development mission, it's so bad rn.

and we definitely need new ones, focusing on internal support and stability for each gov't form, a mission for army reform/training/building, and a diplo one where you focus on making/improving alliances/leagues/subjects, as well as screwing with your opponent's diplo plans.

and either expand on the generic expansion one to include stabilisation, or add a separate one to stabilise and integrate a fresh conquest.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I think that firstly, the current ones need to be fixed, especially the generic development mission, it's so bad rn.

and we definitely need new ones, focusing on internal support and stability for each gov't form, a mission for army reform/training/building, and a diplo one where you focus on making/improving alliances/leagues/subjects, as well as screwing with your opponent's diplo plans.

and either expand on the generic expansion one to include stabilisation, or add a separate one to stabilise and integrate a fresh conquest.

id love one about military reforms....
...maybe a new one that at the end gets u a free legion slot if u have zero ;)

• 3Like
Reactions:
id love one about military reforms....
...maybe a new one that at the end gets u a free legion slot if u have zero ;)
That might be overpowered (they seem intentionally trying to limit legions).

But some more variety would help. And they definitely need to do a balance pass on the "Pearl of X" generic mission, as it is currently basically a trap (the rewards are almost never worth the large gold and often PP costs they require, and a lot of the requirements are more or less counterproductive).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Exactly, like I expressed in the most recent dev diary, we really need a greater variation of generic ones. The ones we currently have could probably made more specific and then we can have more variation on top of that.

• 1Like
Reactions: