• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

co_martsu

Colossal Order CEO
Colossal Order Dev
1 Badges
Aug 25, 2010
  • Colossal Order Staff
Hi everyone!

There's been a lot of suggestions for new vehicles in various threads, so we want to make a DLC pack that includes vehicles chosen only by you :)

Now is your chance to suggest any of your favorites (the types included in the core game: bus, tram, metro, helicopter or water bus). Include a picture and the reason why this vehicle should be in Cities in Motion. And if your favorite is already listed, please feel free to vote for the ones you like the best.

You have until 31st of July to vote and the 5 most popular suggestions will be seen as a DLC later in the fall.

Cheers,
Mariina

EDIT: Suggest your favorite here by the 10th of July, a poll for voting will be made on Monday the 11th :)

Last edited:
M100 or M200 from the Helsinki Metro would look pretty nice imo!
poikkeusliikenne07_23.jpg

Model 1928 tram used in Milan. Built in 1928, it's the only tram that survived the WWII bombings. 502 were built, 502 got bombed, 501 got repaired thanks to the resistant steel structure. It's currently used on many tram lines. It should be in the game because it made the history of trams. Some of them were given to the city of San Francisco.
1500_150.jpg

I have never understood all this excitement with vehicle DLCs. I have never seen any importance in how does my transport looks like. Isn't new features and improvements of the game itself more interesting and needed? The game is great, but there are still lot of things to improve, but all I see coming are new vehicle DLCs.

Back to the topic - my vote goes to Tatra trams and some trolleybuses too.

If you want to include some American rolling stock:

Ansaldo Breda A650 (Currently used by the Los Angeles subway)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansaldobreda_A650

BART C Stock (Built by Alstom for San Francisco Bay Area)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DalyCitysta.jpg

For buses:
Metro in Los Angeles has these buses that have a little curve to them, making them a bit more attractive than the boxy buses of yesteryear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Metro-Rapid-780.jpg

It's a NABI 45C-LFW.

Model 1928 tram used in Milan.
I second this. I've been on these in San Francisco.

Thanks for the great suggestions already!

And then to some off topic discussions:

I would like just two improvemeny;1.Metro stations with more platforms inc;uding on all three depths.2. The ability to use normal railways.thanks.

The stations we are already working on, please be patient with us :)

I have never understood all this excitement with vehicle DLCs. I have never seen any importance in how does my transport looks like. Isn't new features and improvements of the game itself more interesting and needed? The game is great, but there are still lot of things to improve, but all I see coming are new vehicle DLCs.

I feel the vehicles are a big part of the game, and since seeing so many requests for different ones I decided to collect them all in one topic. And actually get some of those done :)

We do keep developing Cities in Motion on other parts as well. Besides the three vehicle DLCs and the Tokyo expansion we've released many free patches improving gameplay and even adding a couple of features. Certainly we would hope to do everything faster but, believe it or not, a developer still has to sleep every now and then ;)

How are you going to pick the winners from this? Are you going to have an actual poll with the different suggestions? I remember someone did a bus poll ages ago..

Anyway, my suggestions:

Bus: Wright Streetcar (Image) or New Bus for London (Image)

Tram: Siemens-Duewag Supertram (Image)

Slightly wishful thinking: Dutch Amfibus (Image). It counts as a waterbus, right? It just goes on land too! ;)

Also, pretty please can we have an option to limit DLC vehicles to correct time periods? Even with just the three existing DLCs the purchase/build menu is starting to get crowded with options.

That's a cutie! Like it!
But how about a poll? After, like, some days of collecting candidates?

A poll is an excellent idea. How about we give until 10th of July to post the suggestions and then I make a poll out of those on Monday the 11th? Then there would be 1,5 weeks to suggest and a couple more to vote for the favorites :)

And the Tram looks awesome xD

Status
Not open for further replies.