• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its been a long time since I've been here, sorry. Huge thank you to Meneth for the compiled list!

You'll have some work to do maintaining this thread. ;)

I don't suppose a mod would anoint someone else to own the original post! I haven't even played CK2 in months, just happened to check to see whats going on. :)
I don't believe that's possible, I'm afraid. Depends on what tools the mods have available though.
I remember on one forum I moderate, it was possible to hack together a solution by moving an older post into the thread, thus making it chronologically the first, and thus the OP.

I don't believe that's possible, I'm afraid. Depends on what tools the mods have available though.
I remember on one forum I moderate, it was possible to hack together a solution by moving an older post into the thread, thus making it chronologically the first, and thus the OP.

That is possible.

I've tried doing Beta Israel to complete the set of Ashkenazi, Sephardic and Mizrahi Jewish. Am I doing this right? Can anybody correct my errors?

Edit: See post #418

Last edited:
It should probably use default_culture_modifier. People can code a unique modifier if they need it.
Beyond that I'm not seeing any errors, but I haven't done much culture modding.
Okay, changed it. It was probably something specific to tPtT.

Now that I look at it, Duinnen's Mizrahi Jewish culture post mentions Ashkenazi and Sephardi, but they're not part of this topic yet. I've seen them appearing in quite a few mods, so now I'm not sure who made the original versions.

Okay, changed it. It was probably something specific to tPtT.

Now that I look at it, Duinnen's Mizrahi Jewish culture post mentions Ashkenazi and Sephardi, but they're not part of this topic yet. I've seen them appearing in quite a few mods, so now I'm not sure who made the original versions.
Thure did those apparently. Feel free to ask him to post them in here ;)

Oh, and linked your falashim culture in the OP.

Thure did those apparently. Feel free to ask him to post them in here ;)

Oh, and linked your falashim culture in the OP.
Ah, yes, I understand now. Thure did his version with a lot of detailed names, and also those underscored "International names" (If you know how these work exactly, could you explain me a bit?). In his topic, idib816 posted the versions with less names used in his mod.

Perhaps I should compile all the four Jewish cultures, with Thure's and Duinnin's permission, of course. I'll create something and PM them both for permission.

Ah, yes, I understand now. Thure did his version with a lot of detailed names, and also those underscored "International names" (If you know how these work exactly, could you explain me a bit?). In his topic, idib816 posted the versions with less names used in his mod.

Perhaps I should compile all the four Jewish cultures, with Thure's and Duinnin's permission, of course. I'll create something and PM them both for permission.

Oh nice... You speak about me? :)

I'm sure I will give you my permission! ;) Eventualy I found they... But now I'm not there for one or two hours... So... If you are faster ;)

Jewish cultures
Slightly edited version of the great compilation by Thure (ORIGINAL TOPIC HERE), the Mizrahi Jewish culture by Duinnin, with my own little Beta-Israel compilation (the resources for these are scarce, sadly) and a Khazar Jewish compilation using the same source as Thure. A lot of the names are linked.

I will update these when I find more information. Suggestions are welcome. :)

Code:
jewish = {
    graphical_culture = muslimgfx
	ashkenazim = { #Originally compiled by Thure
		graphical_culture = germangfx

color = { 0.4 0.4 0.3 }

male_names = { 
			Aharon_Aaron Alexander_Alexander Asher Avrohom_Abraham Baruch Binyamin Chayyim Chelbo Chiyya Chizkiyahu Daniyyel_Daniel David_David Efrayim
			El'azar Eli'ezer Elyakim G'dalyyah Gershom Hillel Kalonymus Levy Machir Me'ir Menachem Meshulam Mordechay Moshe_Moses Na'aman Nosson Natronai
			Nechemya Nesan'el Peter_Peter Re'uven Shabsay Shem-Tov Shemaryahu Shim'on_Simon Shimshon_Samson Shelomo_Salomon Shemu'el_Samuel Shne'ur Simchah
			Sulam Uri Ya'akov_Jacob Yakar Yechi'el Yehoshua' Yehuda Yekusi'el Yitzchak Yo'el Yom-Tov Yosef_Joseph
		}
		female_names = {
			Anna_Anna Bele Bessel Bona_Bonne Bonafila Clara Dina_Dinah Dolza_Douce Esther_Esther Eleonore_Eleanor Ella_Helen Estelle Flora_Flora Frommet
			Gele'in Golda Gracia_Grace Guta_Guta Guthela_Guta Hanna_Anna Joayah Le'ah Madrona_Matrona Mele'a Mina_Wilhelmine Miryam_Maria Nana_Nana Ne'imah
			Oulifa_Ylva Pultzelina Rachel_Rachel Rivkah Sara_Sarah Shifra Shluida Simchah Suza Tsippora Yehudis_Judith Yentil
		}

from_dynasty_prefix = "fun "

male_patronym = "ben "
		female_patronym = "bas "
		prefix = yes

modifier = default_culture_modifier

pat_grf_name_chance = 60
		mat_grf_name_chance = 20
		father_name_chance = 10

pat_grm_name_chance = 40
		mat_grm_name_chance = 20
		mother_name_chance = 30
	}

sephardim = { #Originally compiled by Thure
		graphical_culture = andalusiangfx

color = { 0.4 0.3 0.4 }

male_names = { 
			Altirenus_Altair Asher_Asher Astruc Avraham_Abraham Belam Bonafos_Bonifacius Bondia Bonisac Bonsenyor Chayyim_Chayyim Crescas David_David Davi_David
			Durant Eliyahu_Elijah Gershon_Gershom Le'on_Leo Maimun Me'ir_Meir Menachem_Menachem Micha'el_Michael Mosheh_Moses Omar_Omar Re'uven_Reuben Sha'ul_Saul
			Shelomo_Salomon Shemu'el_Samuel Vidal_Vidal Vives Ya'akov_Jacob	Yehudah_Judas Yishma'el_Ishmael Yitschak_Isaac Yose_Joseph Yosef_Joseph Zechariah_Zachary
		}
		female_names = {
			Astruga Channa_Anna 'Esther_Esther Blanca_Blanche Bonadona Bonafila_Bonafila Dolza_Douce Miryam_Maria Regina Sarah_Sarah
		}

from_dynasty_prefix = "de "

male_patronym = "ben "
		female_patronym = "bat "
		prefix = yes

pat_grf_name_chance = 60
		mat_grf_name_chance = 20
		father_name_chance = 10

pat_grm_name_chance = 40
		mat_grm_name_chance = 20
		mother_name_chance = 30
	}

falashim = { #Beta-Israel, originally compiled by Frostschaden
		graphical_culture = africangfx

color = { 0.4 0.4 0.3 }

male_names = {
			Abreham_Abraham Adam_Adam Adamu_Adam Aron_Aaron Benyam_Benjamin Caleb Dan Daniel_Daniel Gedeyon Goshen Joram Kabede Mulualem Rada Yacobe_Jacob Yieshak_Isaac Zalelew
		}

female_names = {
			Abaynesh Aster_Esther Chamashwork Chekolech Mulualem Nikahywot Orit Rahel_Rachel Rut Sara_Sarah Yehudit_Judith Yeuvmert Yodit_Judith
		}

pat_grf_name_chance = 60
		mat_grf_name_chance = 20
		father_name_chance = 10

pat_grm_name_chance = 40
		mat_grm_name_chance = 20
		mother_name_chance = 30

} 

mizrahim = { # Edot Hamizrah, originally compiled by Duinnin 
		graphical_culture = muslimgfx
		color = { 0.45 0.35 0.45 }

male_names = {
			Aaron_Aaron Abdallah Abir Abraham_Abraham Adonim Ali Allan_Alan Allun_Alan Amin Ammar Amram Antuh Arah Arus Asad Ata Awad Ayyash Azarya Azhar Aziza
			Baha Bana Barakat Barhun Baruch Benaya Berakhot Berechiah Bishara Bishr Bundar Burayk Daniel_Daniel Daniyal_Daniel Daud_David David_David Dosa Durri
			Efraim Elazar Eli Elijah_Elijah Ephraim Evyatar Ezar Ezekiel Ezer Fadl Farah Faraj Fashshat Fayruz Furat Futuh Gazal Ghalib Ghulayb Halfon Hananel
			Hananya Harbonah Hasan Hasday Hassun Hatib Hayfa Hayyim Hesed Hezekiah Hiba Hillel Hisday Hotam Husayn Ibrahim_Abraham Imran Iran Isaac_Isaac Isaiah_Isaiah
			Ishaq_Isaac Ismail_Ismail Israel Jabir Jacob_Jacob Japtheth Jarrah Jekuthiel Joseph_Joseph Joshiah Joshua_Joshua Judah_Judah Jurj_George Kammuna Khadir
			Khalaf Kohen Kulayb Labrat Levi Maani Madmun Mahruz Makhluf Manasse Mansur Marduk Marwan Masliah Mawhub Mehullal Meir Meshullam Mevasser Mevorakh
			Misgaviya Mishael_Michael Moses_Moses Muammar Mubarak Mufaddal Muhriz Muhsin Mukhtar Muqbil Musa_Moses Musafir Muwaffaq Nahman Nahray Nahum Nasr Nathan_Nathan
			Nethanel Nissim Nufay Obadiah_Obadiah Paltiel Perahya Qasasa Rahma Rahmamin Raja Rashid Rayhan Rayyis Saada Saadya Sad Sadaqa Sadel Sadoq Sadr Safi
			Sahl Sahlan Sahlawayh Said Salam Salama Salih Salman Salmuna Samuel_Samuel Sandal Sariyy Sason Sedaqa Semah Shabbat Shabbetay Shalom Shaman Shaul Shaya
			Shekhanya Shela Shelah Shemarya Shemaya Shua Siba Sighmar Simha Solomon_Solomon Sulayman_Solomon Surur Tahir Tahor Tajin Tammam Tanim Tarib Tovia 
			Ulla Umayra Usayd Wahb Yahya_John Yair Yaish Yakhin Yaqub_Jacob Yehiel Yekuthiel Yeshua Yihye Yukuthiel Yusha Yusuf_Joseph Zachariah_Zachary Zakarriyya_Zachary Zayn
			}
		female_names = {
			Abla Afaf Akramiyya Alam Amaim Atika Aziza Bagdad Bahiyya Banat Banuqa Baqa Baqiyya Baraka Barra Berakha Bushr Cassia Dalal Dhahab Dhukhr Diya Esther_Esther
			Fadla Fahda Faiza Fakhr Faraj Farajiyya Faras Furayja Ghaliya Ghunya Haritha Hasab Hasna Haya Hayfa Haziyya Hiba Hilala Husn Jamila Jawhara Jayyida
			Karima Kassah Khafar Khalifa Khazariyya Khiba Khulla Kifa Kufu Labwa Layla Maani Mahfuza Malika Mawadda Mawlat Maymuna Milah Miriam_Maria Muammala 
			Muazzaza Mubaraka Mudallila Muffadat Muluk Muna Munisa Naama Naba Nabila Nafisa Najiya Nasab Nasiya Nasr Nazar Nisaba Qurra Rafia Ramle Rashida
			Rayyisa Rebekah Rivka Saada Sabah Sadah Salama Samra Sara_Sarah Sarwa Sayyida Sittan Sitthum Sittuna Sumr Surura Sutayt Talba Tawfiq Thamira Tujjar
			Turayk Turfa Turkiyya Wad Wazira Wuhsha Yaman Yumm Zafira Zayn
			}		

from_dynasty_prefix = "ibin "
		male_patronym = "ben "
		female_patronym = "bat "
		prefix = yes

pat_grf_name_chance = 60
		mat_grf_name_chance = 20
		father_name_chance = 10

pat_grm_name_chance = 40
		mat_grm_name_chance = 20
		mother_name_chance = 30

}

khazar = { #Khazars, originally compiled by Frostschaden
		graphical_culture = muslimgfx #turkishgfx

color = { 0.7 0.45 0.1 }

male_names = {
			Alp Baghatur Balgitzi Belgichi Bälgichi Balghichi Barjik Bashtu Bashtwa Bihor Biheros Bihar Virhor Bugha Bulan Bulchan Buljan Bluchan Buzer Busir Bazir
			Chat Chat`n Chorpan Itakh Kayghalagh Kayqalagh Khatir Khadir Qadir Khuterkin Quterkin Kisa Kundajiq, Kundaj Mänär Mänäs Ötemish Papatzys Samsam Simsam
			Tarkhan Tarmach Tuzniq Yilig Ilig Ziebil Aharon_Aaron Amram Avraham_Abraham Benyamin_Benjamin David_David Hanukkah Hezekiah Menakhem Menahem Menashe Nisi Nissi
			Ovadiah Pesakh Pesah Reuven_Reuben Reuben_Reuben Sabriel Shmuel_Samuel Simson_Samson Sinai Yaakov_Jacob Yehudah Yitzhak Yosef_Joseph Zebulun Zavulon Zechariah_Zachary Zachariah_Zachary
			Zecharias Gostyata Gostata Ivan_John Georgios_George Georgius_George Kupin Kufin Morut Marót Menumorut Menmarót Mënü Marót Zambri Zambrios Zoilus Zoilos Kibar

}

female_names = {
			Chichek Chichäk Khatun Parsbit Barsbek Serakh_Sarah Serah_Sarah
		}

from_dynasty_prefix = "of "
		male_patronym = "ben "
		female_patronym = "bat "
		prefix = yes
		founder_named_dynasties = yes

pat_grf_name_chance = 60
		mat_grf_name_chance = 20
		father_name_chance = 10

pat_grm_name_chance = 40
		mat_grm_name_chance = 20
		mother_name_chance = 30

}  

}

Last edited:
Right, replaced Falashim with that in the OP.
Would be nice if you fixed the indentation, though.
Oh, I used QUOTE instead of CODE, that's the problem. It's fixed now.

I've added Duinnin's Mizrahi Jewish culture and my own Khazar Jewish compilation. I think I've got all main Jewish cultures now, unless I find some source on Romaniotes and Karaite names.