• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Herr Doctor said:
Good point. ;) Still the term “Magyar” is used in English sometimes.
that makes some wird maps, once I have seen a carpathian culture map where there were:
-magyar
-hungarian
-hun

and this on a year 2000 map, very weird US guys :wacko:

mandead said:
Bugger, I forgot Venetian! That is in my game, I just forgot to list it here :(

I always change Magyar to Hungarian, and Anglosaxon to English, etc. :)

State cultures of Scandinavia...

Norway: Norwegian, Norse
Denmark: Danish, Norse
Sweden: Swedish, Ugric

:)
I suggest if you stay also with skandinavian culture:
Norway: norse, skandinavian
Denmark: skandinavian, norse
Sweden: skandinavian, ugric, maybe also norse

if no skandi culture there:
Norway: norse
Denmark: danish, norse, german perhaps
Sweden: swedish, ugric, norse perhaps

the extra cultures could be events:

german and ugric and swedish for Denmark (expansion in german/annexed sweden)

danish and norse for Sweden (if they conquer Denmark and Norway)

norway gets maybe danish?? (via some event)

jorian said:
I suggest if you stay also with skandinavian culture:
Norway: norse, skandinavian
Denmark: skandinavian, norse
Sweden: skandinavian, ugric, maybe also norse

if no skandi culture there:
Norway: norse
Denmark: danish, norse, german perhaps
Sweden: swedish, ugric, norse perhaps

Denmark shouldn't get German, IMO :)

jorian said:
than a trigger: they got Hamburg, bremen, and Lübeck, only then they get it
It is just illogical. Denmark naturally could get German culture as state as its court was speaking German and was part of the German culture and traditions almost all EUII period, but this will make the conquest of Northern Germany too profitable, which is wrong. Especially if Denmark will control Bremen and Mecklenburg…

Herr Doctor said:
It is just illogical. Denmark naturally could get German culture as state as its court was speaking German and was part of the German culture and traditions almost all EUII period, but this will make the conquest of Northern Germany too profitable, which is wrong. Especially if Denmark will control Bremen and Mecklenburg…
I also think its historical anyway to give them german, player will do conquest anyway, and AI not.

Herr Doctor said:
This is impossible with EUII.
you must know it, it seems so that if they get a chance, denmark will ger german provs even having/nothaving culture, without having cores on them this really only matters for not getting full support by those people (after 30 years), couse of missing culture.
Historical would be to add the culture, and it would not make too much difference in Denmarks acting in the game (except by player, but the most ones would always attack german nations anyway)

but as I know, its up to you, and only you.

a last possible agreement:they get it in the 16-17th century only

jorian said:
you must know it, it seems so that if they get a chance, denmark will ger german provs even having/nothaving culture, without having cores on them this really only matters for not getting full support by those people (after 30 years), couse of missing culture.
Historical would be to add the culture, and it would not make too much difference in Denmarks acting in the game (except by player, but the most ones would always attack german nations anyway)

but as I know, its up to you, and only you.

a last possible agreement:they get it in the 16-17th century only
Denmark would get GREAT advantage from having German culture, because it will get full taxes and manpower from the rich occupied Imperial provinces as well as the way to convert them easily, which is not historical.

Regarding the nice idea to split the Gaelic culture ((c) mandead). As it was said there is no more need in Ukrainian with the present Polish-Lithuanian cultural setup. So we can rename Ukrainian to “Brythonic” and add it to Basse Bretagne (and as the second state culture to Brittany instead of Gaelic), Devon and two Welsh provinces .

Regarding Ukraine – this Polish event needs changes:
Code:
#Treaty of Brest Litovsk#
#Vilkouak-AGC#
event = {
	id = 20138
	trigger = { religion = catholic }
	random = no
	country = POL
	name = "Union of Brest"
	desc = "In 1596 the Polish Catholic hierarchy, in agreement with Rome and with the King of Poland, officially started the unification of Christianity in Poland-Lithuania. The political aspect was that the Orthodox Christians of Poland-Lithuania were under the strong influence of the Moscow Metropoly. It had to end after introducing the Union of the Churches. Orthodox bishops who accepted the Union were allowed into the Polish Sejm; other followers of the new doctrine were treated as Greek-Catholics. This was quickly destroyed by both sides. Catholic bishops were afraid about their privileges, Orthodox bishops didn't want to recognize the supreme power of Pope over their faith, and soon Union became Division. Some converted, and were called 'Unites' to distinguish them from other Orthodox Christians, who were called 'Disunites'. Many people in Ukraine started to identify emerging Ukrainian identity with the Orthodox faith."
	style = 2
	date = { day = 1 month = february year = 1596 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1597 }

action_a = {			
		name = "Enact the Union"
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = ruthenian }
		command = { type = conversion which = 2010 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 2008 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 298 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 293 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 297 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 287 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 1404 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 292}
		command = { type = conversion which = 450 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 1433 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 288 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 289 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 284 }
		command = { type = conversion which = -1 }
	}
}

Also this should be changed in revolt.txt:
Code:
UKR = {
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1590}
	expirydate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1820 }
	minimum = { 295 2007 461 }
	extra = { 462 2006 1577 293 287 2011 294 297 }
	capital = 295
	group = orthodox
	religion = orthodox
	ai = "peaceful.ai"
	}

Last edited:
Herr Doctor said:
Regarding the nice idea to split the Gaelic culture ( mandead). As it was said there is no more need in Ukrainian with the present Polish-Lithuanian cultural setup. So we can rename Ukrainian to “Breton” and add it to Basse Bretagne (and as the second state culture to Brittany instead of Gaelic).

Regarding Ukraine – this Polish event needs changes:
Code:
#Treaty of Brest Litovsk#
#Vilkouak-AGC#
event = {
	id = 20138
	trigger = { religion = catholic }
	random = no
	country = POL
	name = "Union of Brest"
	desc = "In 1596 the Polish Catholic hierarchy, in agreement with Rome and with the King of Poland, officially started the unification of Christianity in Poland-Lithuania. The political aspect was that the Orthodox Christians of Poland-Lithuania were under the strong influence of the Moscow Metropoly. It had to end after introducing the Union of the Churches. Orthodox bishops who accepted the Union were allowed into the Polish Sejm; other followers of the new doctrine were treated as Greek-Catholics. This was quickly destroyed by both sides. Catholic bishops were afraid about their privileges, Orthodox bishops didn't want to recognize the supreme power of Pope over their faith, and soon Union became Division. Some converted, and were called 'Unites' to distinguish them from other Orthodox Christians, who were called 'Disunites'. Many people in Ukraine started to identify emerging Ukrainian identity with the Orthodox faith."
	style = 2
	date = { day = 1 month = february year = 1596 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1597 }

action_a = {			
		name = "Enact the Union"
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = remove_countryculture which = ruthenian }
		command = { type = conversion which = 2010 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 2008 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 298 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 293 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 297 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 287 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 1404 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 292}
		command = { type = conversion which = 450 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 1433 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 288 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 289 }
		command = { type = conversion which = 284 }
		command = { type = conversion which = -1 }
	}
}

Also this should be changed in revolt.txt:
Code:
UKR = {
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1590}
	expirydate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1820 }
	minimum = { 295 2007 461 }
	extra = { 462 2006 1577 293 287 2011 294 297 }
	capital = 295
	group = orthodox
	religion = orthodox
	ai = "peaceful.ai"
	}

What? Nooooooooo not Breton!

Use Goidelic and Brythonic, please. Just follow my walkthrough on the MyMAP thread. Using Breton and Celtic is silly because Ireland and the Highlands should not get the same culture as Wales and Cornwall...

The aforementioned provinces do not speak Breton, so using Brythonic instead means a larger cultural group may be represented :)

Trust me, my idea is best with regards to this as I have researched it... :)

mandead said:
What? Nooooooooo not Breton!

Use Goidelic and Brythonic, please. Just follow my walkthrough on the MyMAP thread. Using Breton and Celtic is silly because Ireland and the Highlands should not get the same culture as Wales and Cornwall...

The aforementioned provinces do not speak Breton, so using Brythonic instead means a larger cultural group may be represented :)

Trust me, my idea is best with regards to this as I have researched it... :)
Goidelic is another word for Gaelic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goidelic

Herr Doctor said:
Goidelic is another word for Gaelic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goidelic

Indeed, I know - but Gaelic could refer specifically to Irish or Scottish Gaelic you see. And Breton should not be used unless you make a culture specifically for Brittany, but that would mean you'd need Welsh and Cornish as well, so...

mandead said:
Indeed, I know - but Gaelic could refer specifically to Irish or Scottish Gaelic you see. And Breton should not be used unless you make a culture specifically for Brittany, but that would mean you'd need Welsh and Cornish as well, so...
I fixed Brythonic thing already ;)