• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ajsieg

First Lieutenant
40 Badges
Sep 8, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Hi Guys/Gals. This is my first thread so if I do something wrong, please tell me. I wanted to do a weekly thing where I post my ideas for new Country Ideas. My first idea is to look at Germany. In my opinion, there is too many countries with the German Ideas so I decided to start there.

My first country is Brunswick:

Brunswick Ideas:

Traditions:

• Manpower Recovery Speed +10%
  • Cost of Reducing War Exhaustion -20%
Ideas:

• End the Division- The Nobles and the Kings have always created tensions and even led the princes to leave Braunschweig. This leads us nowhere and this should end so we can focus on other matters. Local Unrest -1
  • Created by Otto the Child- Our land was created by a relative of the Holy Roman Emperor Otto I. Using this knowledge, we can justify our rule so no one will question it. Yearly Legitimacy +1
  • The Welf Dynasty- Our Dynasty has been around for hundreds of years and we even been the Holy Roman Emperor. Let use our knowledge to have our name known far and wide. Diplomatic Reputation +1

• Combination of States- The Duchy of Brunswick has always been a combination of other duchies like Luneburg and Gottingen that break away from time to time. No more! We will tell them which duchy they should follow. Stability Cost Modifier -10%

• City of Braunschweig- Our capital has been a center of trade and was an important city in Economics and Politics. Let’s take a new step and refurbish our capital to be the center of Northern Germany. Development Cost -15%

• Dankwarderode Castle- This castle has been our main place for our authority and rule. If we establish this as our main palace, then our hold over our kingdom will be even tighter. National Tax Modifier +10%

• Ruled by Guildsman- Our Duchy is ruled by our Nobility and Guildsman. But if we give the Guildsman more power and increase their production, then will be able to dominate the goods that flows through our lands. Province Trade Modifier +15%
Ambition:

• Idea Cost -10%
If there's something wrong with these (Too Overpowered or something doesn't work). Please give me constructive criticism or feedback. Hopefully you will enjoy it and maybe they will even be added to the game ;)

If you will like to see more please tell me. Also give me ideas. I have some planned and more would be appreciative.

Coming Next Week: Hainaut

Last edited:
Reactions:
This I put this on the wrong thread? Forgive me if I did. I forgot there was a suggestion thread.:p

Yes there is a subforum. If you dont see it, register eu4 on this site.
Edit: But its always good to see suggestions for new national ideas as they are often implemented into the game:)

I like it. I could see it being added to the game.

I think these ideas are unfitting and promote expanse and I haven't heard of the great brunswickian empire in history...

The idea of national ideas are to sort of give a nation more flavor, matching how they did historically. Very few nations should get lowered core creation, that's the sort of thing top-tier nations like the Ottomans get. Aggressive expansion impact also feels inappropriate for the same reason. I'm not familiar enough with Brunswick's history to say more, but I'm worried about those traditions and ambitions as well.

The idea of national ideas are to sort of give a nation more flavor, matching how they did historically. Very few nations should get lowered core creation, that's the sort of thing top-tier nations like the Ottomans get. Aggressive expansion impact also feels inappropriate for the same reason. I'm not familiar enough with Brunswick's history to say more, but I'm worried about those traditions and ambitions as well.

What amazes me is how Ming, with its historically high regional autonomy, does not get coring cost reduction. Then again, it is already overwhelming enough...

I had a little trouble with some of the bonuses. Finding stuff for Brunswick was hard. I agree that it should be changed. So I thought about what would make more sense (I think Yearly Legitimacy would't be overpowered) and got rid of Core Creation Cost and Aggressive Expansion Impact. I put in different ideas like Reducing War Exhaustion Cost and Tax Modifier. The Traditions are still a problem to me though. Are these better?

Last edited: