• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

perafilozof

Captain
53 Badges
Mar 5, 2015
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Majesty 2
Hi all!

While my other Let's play, Road to 1 million population is on pause as I am trying the fix the problem of being stuck on 950,000 population I have decided to use all I have learned to start a new Let's play.

This one is all about designing, making and testing new cities, highway and road designs in cities of up to 100,000 population with lot's of traffic of all kinds.

This video is the first episode, with the name Best Highway designs for Cities Skylines, and represents just the first of many new designs that I will be making and testing. Everyone is invited to add suggestions and ideas about this and all other next designs and concepts.

Need new and unique highway designs for Cities Skylines road system? This is a video for you. Because in this new Let's play I am designing, making, testing new and unique highway and road designs for best traffic solutions and maximum traffic flow. This is the second episode showing the design phase of a new road system in a new city called ColdSnap. Everyone is invited to add suggestions and ideas about this and all other next designs and concepts.

This is the third episode showing the design phase of a new zoning system in a new city called ColdSnap. The Industry spiral has taken it's shape and the high density residential parkway is outlined. Everyone is invited to add suggestions and ideas about this and all other next designs and concepts

This is the forth episode showing the design phase of a new high density RCI zone in a city called ColdSnap. Everyone is invited to add suggestions and ideas about this and all other next designs and concepts.

In this episode of Designing new cities in Cities: Skylines I show how to build a working Spiral city out of simple small roads and highway ramps. I use the paths trick to limit zones and set up functional services and RCI zones on one way roads, inside the spiral.

Need cool new and unique RCI zoning designs for Cities Skylines roads? This is a video for you. Because in this new Let's play I am designing, making, testing new and unique highway, road and zoning designs for best traffic solutions and maximum traffic flow. This is the sixth episode showing the timelapse of a district build which I designed in the previous episode as well as a totally new design for a Forestry Industry district in my city called ColdSnap. Everyone is invited to add suggestions and ideas about this and all other next designs and concepts.

In this episode of Designing new cities in Cities: Skylines I show how the Spiral city has grown and how I keep making new spiral rings in it out of simple small roads and highway ramps. I use the paths trick to limit zones and set up functional services and RCI zones on one way roads, inside the spiral. Population 4k+.

In this episode of Designing new cities in Cities: Skylines I show my current two cities, ColdSnap and GreatSpiralCity and their developing designs as well as an update on their status. At the end I show you my ideas for a third city, a future fishing area with many small fishing villages with a larger production / office center at the middle of the map.

In this video I once again show of all three cities of this Let's play, and show the designs phase for the third, newest city called Fish and Chips which is going to be made up of many fishing villages and a central production district. In the GreatSpiralCity I start remaking my underground road network with another spiral going the other way, while in ColdSnap I add a metro system.

During this episode I start the 3rd city of the Let's play, I have named this city Fish&Chips because here I will be building a lot of fishing industry and using a totally new design for a city with multiple separated fishing villages. I build the highway, roads, place fish farms and fisheries as well as zone the first residential and commercial zones.

City of Fish and Chips presents it's first working fishing village! In Designing new cities. I add many residential zones for homes, some commercial for shops, services and a fish market and factory to use all the fish my fisheries are producing. I add districts and use those new polices which came with the Sunset Harbor DLC, fishing licence, Dolphin-Safe Fishing, Sustainable Fishing and more.

In this episode of Designing new cities in Cities: Skylines I show you how the Spiral city gets an additional one way, underground, spiral which is going to be turned in the opposite way of the one on the ground level. Ramps connect both spirals and the traffic...?

In this episode the Fish&Chips city gets more educated Cims who will work in the old and new fish factories making more products out of locally supplied fish. I start designing my first Park district and adding attractions. The park needs a good name and I want one of you to name it. The traffic is still light on almost 3000 population and the roundabouts look awesome!

In this episode the inside area of the city of ColdSnap finally finished. I add a huge amusement park thank to the free Park Life DLC. I also add a business and relaxation area filed with trees, plazas, parks and statues, as well as more transportation by bus and a stadium. Then I go on designing the first expansion of this city outside the highway inner network. I show the road and infrastructure, service plans and the ideas for traffic flow.

In this episode of Designing new cities in Cities: Skylines I not only extend the spiral arms of this amazing city concept even further but also get a larger percentage of my Cims educated and stop having not enough worker problem in my commercial zones. With more citizens and older Cims now I have more bodies to pick up and my healthcare has to be up to the task. I also show you how a lot of the problems and popups might look like they need you to change something when in fact you just have to wait a bit for the service vehicles to get there or truck to deliver goods and products. In this episode I start naming districts using names you have posted as comments in my videos, thank you for that, keep thinking up more cool names!

In this episode the city called Fish&Chips is developed more with another area of RCI, more jobs are opened more population comes in, another fish market is placed while I am planning out how to start another fishing village with a different design across the river from the first one.

In this episode the city of ColdSnap gets a new district built with another unique design while since it has no additional industry to produce goods I have to import them from the region. The services are set up away from the Cims homes so that is going to be an interesting experiment to see will they cover and service those remote RCI&O zones.

In this episode the GreatSpiralCity is enlarged with new spiral arms, new service buildings and more cims come to live and work in the new RCI zones. Road speed is increased to 140 km/h (90 mhp). I add a new generic industry district to make more goods and balance products import and export naming it by one of the suggestions my subscribers offered on the previous videos.

In this episode the city called Fish&Chips is getting a brand new fishing village with a different design across the river from the original one. It will have fishing industry on two shorelines, some high density and a wacky and roundabout way of entering and exiting the village and getting on and off the highway.