• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lerniss

Recruit
Mar 21, 2023
Hey.
Some of players who play byzantium use a tactic for beat ottomans easily.The tactic is surround ottomans balkan lands and let bulgarian rebels start and when it is complete eat bulgarians lands for free and in my opinion this is so broken and nonsense because the ottomans is most powerful country in the game and history on that time.So if we take this to reality they can not let that happen.So here is my idea.
Add a new casus belli named like 'connect the lands' and when the surround happened give this casus belli to country who surrounded by other country.I dont brainstorm for details but if it make sense you can think about it.
Kind regards.

Attachments

• Ekran görüntüsü 2023-03-21 014136.png
    Ekran görüntüsü 2023-03-21 014136.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Hey.
Some of players who play byzantium use a tactic for beat ottomans easily.The tactic is surround ottomans balkan lands and let bulgarian rebels start and when it is complete eat bulgarians lands for free and in my opinion this is so broken and nonsense because the ottomans is most powerful country in the game and history on that time.So if we take this to reality they can not let that happen.So here is my idea.
Add a new casus belli named like 'connect the lands' and when the surround happened give this casus belli to country who surrounded by other country.I dont brainstorm for details but if it make sense you can think about it.
Kind regards.
I think that special CB for Ottomans to attack Byzantium will be good but something like "conquest of Constantinople" or "Conquest of Roman Empire" would do better than that

• 1Haha
Reactions:
They'd have a reconquest casus belli anyway, they don't need a "connect the lands casus belli", if a player manages to do that, a special casus belli is not going to matter for the ai

• 2Like
Reactions:
your intents sound highly anti-player. This will suck for anyone who wants to play with Byzantium. It doesnt matter if in reality that was impossible. It matter that the player must have an enjoyable experience. Ottomans are broken as it is, let the players enjoy the challenge no matter the method they choose.
Also we already have cbs that cover that.

Reactions:
your intents sound highly anti-player. This will suck for anyone who wants to play with Byzantium. It doesnt matter if in reality that was impossible. It matter that the player must have an enjoyable experience. Ottomans are broken as it is, let the players enjoy the challenge no matter the method they choose.
Also we already have cbs that cover that.
Ottomans waiting 20 years for conquering Byzantium does not let me enjoy the game.

And if someone decided that he want to play nation that historically existed for few years since start date and is surrounded by one of the strongest nations at the time is basically asking for suffering, currently it's just too easy to survive as Byzantium and that makes it rather meh achievement compared to what it should be

Reactions:
The CB doesn't really address the problem you outlie, because after such a war they will be bound by truce and you can normally spit out Bulgaria with five years to spare.

Also I don't think it's a problem, you can't let up on the Ottos. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's just not about the ottos and byzantium,this cb should given to any country who is in this situation.
Like Austria.And the trust ıssue is the cb doesn't give truce breaking penalty and it just can let take only one land no ducats no war tax.
We can improve this idea with your suggestions.

Reactions:
It's just not about the ottos and byzantium,this cb should given to any country who is in this situation.
Like Austria.And the trust ıssue is the cb doesn't give truce breaking penalty and it just can let take only one land no ducats no war tax.
A trucebreak-proof CB? I don't think there's any way to balance that. Even if Byzantium just takes its cores back it's still bisecting the Ottomans, so you guarantee the Ottomans can immediately jump back to war, which even for the sake of mental stress is just not fun.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ottomans waiting 20 years for conquering Byzantium does not let me enjoy the game.

And if someone decided that he want to play nation that historically existed for few years since start date and is surrounded by one of the strongest nations at the time is basically asking for suffering, currently it's just too easy to survive as Byzantium and that makes it rather meh achievement compared to what it should bsdfds

A trucebreak-proof CB? I don't think there's any way to balance that. Even if Byzantium just takes its cores back it's still bisecting the Ottomans, so you guarantee the Ottomans can immediately jump back to war, which even for the sake of mental stress is just not fun.
it just take only the connecting land.And if Byzantium make powerful allies.İt is up to ottomans to starting a war.İf you win you will take one land or you lose and things are get very rough after that point.

Reactions:

And if someone decided that he want to play nation that historically existed for few years since start date and is surrounded by one of the strongest nations at the time is basically asking for suffering, currently it's just too easy to survive as Byzantium and that makes it rather meh achievement compared to what it should be
thats such a hard cope. So lets sacrifice everyone's gameplay experience in the temple of historical accuracy. Its good the game doesnt follow that logic. Why dont allow big tags share the entire map if thats the case, whats the point of playing minors in the end of the day, they will just suffer... yes Byzantium is easier than the past but its still a challenge for new and medium level players, and that should be its proper situation. Not only that but Ottos are getting buffed once more so there you go, even more challenge for all the minors around.

Reactions:
thats such a hard cope. So lets sacrifice everyone's gameplay experience in the temple of historical accuracy. Its good the game doesnt follow that logic. Why dont allow big tags share the entire map if thats the case, whats the point of playing minors in the end of the day, they will just suffer... yes Byzantium is easier than the past but its still a challenge for new and medium level players, and that should be its proper situation. Not only that but Ottos are getting buffed once more so there you go, even more challenge for all the minors around.
Ottos will get huge nerf for their tech group and fact that new and medium level players have problem with playing Byzantium doesn't mean it should be easy to play as it

Reactions:
Ottos will get huge nerf for their tech group and fact that new and medium level players have problem with playing Byzantium doesn't mean it should be easy to play as it
Their tech group is nerfed and then they get diplo slot free subjects along with a beast mission tree
Hey.
Kind regards.
The ai already has enough incentives to connect its lands in its war ai. Byz players doing something an ai ottos shouldn't bother you.
Austria was long discontinuous and with being hremperor can access sundgau just fine

Reactions:
Their tech group is nerfed and then they get diplo slot free subjects along with a beast mission tree
Currently their main strength is tech advantage and their mission tree will be comparable with other nations that get new mission trees (even tho AI often does not follow mission trees so this point is invalid)
Also again - if someone want to play a nation that is about to get wiped out from existance then he is just asking for suffering.
Another thing is fact that restoring old Byzantine borders should be just hard and an actual achievement, not something that can be easly done by majority of players just by following few simple points

Reactions:
A "connect the lands" CB that bypassed truces would probably create more exploits than it solves. For example, the player could somehow create an enclave, such as returning the core of a soon-to-be-integrated subject. Then, the player can spam wars that end in white peace in order to bankrupt a nation and burn all its manpower. Or, it could be used to farm power projection against a rival or prestige from battles.

Also, a "Crusader Kings" CB would raise balance issues, as why would your allies join the war if they are going to get absolutely nothing?

Reactions:
Hey.
Kind regards.
Something better and more general could certainly be to diminish AI peace acceptance for border gore peace treaties
-1000 if creates an exclave. -X if taking a “line” cutting the country in two instead of just advancing the whole border by a few provinces

Reactions:
Creating exclaves and snaking through your enemy is a time honoured strategy in late game world conquests, I don't see the desire to rule it out. And once again if Byzantium just retakes its cores in the first war it bisects the Ottomans, and I don't think it's fair to forbid them from doing that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Creating exclaves and snaking through your enemy is a time honoured strategy in late game world conquests, I don't see the desire to rule it out. And once again if Byzantium just retakes its cores in the first war it bisects the Ottomans, and I don't think it's fair to forbid them from doing that.
it's not about forbiding them from beating Ottomans, it's about making it harder + make Ottomans more likely to attack Byzantine first (before those small nations in Anatolia). Good player still will be able to beat Ottomans but it will be more challenging than it is now

Reactions:
it's not about forbiding them from beating Ottomans, it's about making it harder + make Ottomans more likely to attack Byzantine first (before those small nations in Anatolia). Good player still will be able to beat Ottomans but it will be more challenging than it is now
I guess I just fundamentally disagree with your thesis that Byzantium needs to be harder. It's not the hardest start I agree, but it's plenty challenging for people who haven't gotten to the Florryworry no-LAMBs level who take the Army Tradition estate privilege to squeeze out a slight morale advantage in a do or die battle.

Reactions:
A truce break cb sounds like a pretty strong way to forbid them beating ottos

Reactions:
I think you are cofounding two issues: realm splitting & snaking, and the ERE being too easy in the 1444 start date. Realistically, if the ERE could retake the Aegean coast, or even just Gallipoli, it would pose a difficultly toward the Ottomans, and impede their access between the Balkans and Anatolia. In fact, that is one of the reasons why the Ottomans desired Constantinople in the first place: because it was basically an exclave of Morea in their territory.

For a gameplay perspective, you can't expect the player to be historical, for the simple fact that if the player survives to 1470 as the ERE, history has already gone off the rails. If history followed a plausible course, the player would have already have had a game-over.

Reactions: