• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Naval tech bug & loading saved games bug

The naval tech tree gives new transport models: 'Transport' and 'Armoured Transport'.
The units\transport.txt file only has one model.
If a country has researched one of these then it will prevent a saved game from loading.

A quick hack for this is just to repeat the current contents of the transport.txt file twice.

I don't yet know if this occurs in any of the other tech trees.

The units have all been changed, but most of them have been left out.

That would explain many of the reported loading crashes we have been seeing.

Thanks, Angel.

Steele

Question

I got the program to run... and I picked the scenario and my country... then as is begins loading it comes up and says ---Database Mismatch--- and then has three options... abort, retry, or ignore. What should I do??? Thanks in advance.

There is an event bug for Japan. China accepted all of the Twenty One Demands, but I still received the event that forces you to go to war with China (in response to having the demands turned down) or to take a dissent hit. Also, shouldn't I get the option to not send the demands?

shell said:
There is an event bug for Japan. China accepted all of the Twenty One Demands, but I still received the event that forces you to go to war with China (in response to having the demands turned down) or to take a dissent hit. Also, shouldn't I get the option to not send the demands?

This has been sorted :)

Awesome. Also, A-H is defeated by the dissent hit from not responding to Franz's assassination. You got that fixed?

Having played the game through a couple of times, I have encountered a few major problems:

1. Russian revolution does not seem to trigger - conditions too specific?
2. Germany is only defeated when it is completely overrun, NOT when manpower is less than 535.
3. If Great Britain allies with Germany, then Germany attacks France, Great Britain gets the 'ally with France' event.

jkjellgren said:
1. Russian revolution does not seem to trigger - conditions too specific?

It happened in the first AAR :)

jkjellgren said:
2. Germany is only defeated when it is completely overrun, NOT when manpower is less than 535.

The condition of MP below 535 works when dissent is higher than 35%.

jkjellgren said:
3. If Great Britain allies with Germany, then Germany attacks France, Great Britain gets the 'ally with France' event.

Well, it actually won't be any help on the issues Chimp's complaining about. Look around the threads, you should find ways to fix those problems temporarily, until 1.02b finally is available.

TGW suddenly stopped !

salam everyone ....

2 days ago I downloaded TGW mod ,, but it suddenly stopped in 17/5/1915 ! .. can I get some help please ??? :(

Beta testing - Tech fix

Can anyone tell me how to sort out the rapid tech bug, so I can carry on beta testing this mod. It must be simple I think all the IC costs are being divided by 10.
I assume the France auto defeat bug means I can only test as France.

This is the 21 demands event problem - instead of there being an explosion of events as there should be, everything just stops...

change anything saying 'offset = 0' to 'offset = 1' in the Chinese and Japanese event files. :)

And this thread should be merged with another as well.

Tidy.jpg

Last edited:
It's not something I've personally tried to address on my own version yet, but the answer is around here somewhere....

In the meantime, you might want to just paste the normal tech tree over our one - that's if you purely want a working tree for the purpose of testing the mod.