• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12709)

Raconteur de Epochs
Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
New Bug thread

Due to the fact that the old bug thread was locked? (don't remember it being asked for) I decided to create this one. (Don't shoot me fellas =))

For people with "bugs" PLEASE check the official list of bugs right here and THEN post your bugs.

Anyways I decided I wanted to edit the starting resources with each country...

and this is what I found in scenarios/1914/

Holland and several other minor countries (and A-H) have the following

Code:
	manpower = 85

# Resource Reserves
	coal	=	10000  steel	=	10000	rubber =	20000	oil =	20000	supplies =	5000

The following countries do not have the above...

France, Britain, Germany, Japan, China, Mexico, Italy, Russia, many other minor countries.

Mind you, they do have
Code:
    manpower = 10.000 
    oil = 0.000 
    supplies = 0.000 
    rubber = 0.000 
    steel = 0.000 
    coal = 0.000

I'm assuming thats the same thing resource reserves?

Either way, I'm pretty sure thats why MOST countries have no starting resources. An easy fix probably.

Edit- Odd, some countries have multiple entries. Albania has Albania.inc and Alb.inc

The Albania.inc has the Resource Reserves, while Alb.inc has similar settings like the Albania.inc, but also has all the units listed.

This could be because I had installed a ww1 mod, a while back. But even if it is, the code thats above could probably just have numbers added to them, to you know, make sure the countries don't start off broke.

Last edited:
I certainly think that there should be some place for bugs to be reported - so this thread ought to do fine.

Concerning resources - it would seem that they didn't manage to get into the first version, even though they were done. The same goes for Victory Points, Manpower and ICs. It ought to be up to someone (possibly a 'Resources and Province Information Tsar' ;)) to get the relevant work and edit in the necessary information. For example, they should find the parts of the country file that say:

Code:
manpower = 10.000 
    oil = 0.000 
    supplies = 0.000 
    rubber = 0.000 
    steel = 0.000 
    coal = 0.000

...and write in what should be there. Copy them into a single file, so that when the next version is created, the information can be put into the country.inc files.

Renown, I think your problem with having two country.inc files is a personal one, as it doesn't effect me. :)

A few observations:
-Italy only has enough resources for about 90 of their 150 IC's.
-I think Montenegro disbands all its troops, this may be fixed after we add resources.
-"Fascism" needs to be changed to "Authoritarianism" in the ideology triangle.

Allenby said:
I certainly think that there should be some place for bugs to be reported - so this thread ought to do fine.

Concerning resources - it would seem that they didn't manage to get into the first version, even though they were done. The same goes for Victory Points, Manpower and ICs. It ought to be up to someone (possibly a 'Resources and Province Information Tsar' ;)) to get the relevant work and edit in the necessary information. For example, they should find the parts of the country file that say:

Code:
manpower = 10.000 
    oil = 0.000 
    supplies = 0.000 
    rubber = 0.000 
    steel = 0.000 
    coal = 0.000

...and write in what should be there. Copy them into a single file, so that when the next version is created, the information can be put into the country.inc files.

Renown, I think your problem with having two country.inc files is a personal one, as it doesn't effect me. :)

I would do it, but I do not know each countries relative stocks of supplies and such. It should probably be kept historical accurate. For a quick fix, I don't mind going through each .inc and updating it to say... 1000 res each, + 50-80 manpower for the main countries, and 20 manpower for minors. We could then leave it to the countries own provinces to provide with res.

When playing as Germany, I experienced several bugs:

1. Entente (except russia) 'auto-defeat' at start, with illogically harsh indemnities that deny France any possibility of regaining any status whatsoever.

2. In 'create a free poland?', the player is given no choice, Poland is simply created.

3. Creating a free Lithuania results in the game crashing to desktop.

thanks

This is odd. I CTD whenever I scroll to the bottom of the heavier-than-air tech tree. :confused:

Yes i know it crash to desktop . That is shiti thing when scroll down heavier than sky . Then it do that what i said first .

Allenby said:

And shouldn't be it then stickied? :)

Renown said:
I would do it, but I do not know each countries relative stocks of supplies and such. It should probably be kept historical accurate. For a quick fix, I don't mind going through each .inc and updating it to say... 1000 res each, + 50-80 manpower for the main countries, and 20 manpower for minors. We could then leave it to the countries own provinces to provide with res.

Don't worry, I wasn't referring to you - I was asking that a member of the team sorts out the mess that we have concerning the lack of resources and the omission of VPs. Someone shall do it. :)

MRAKoris said:
And shouldn't be it then stickied?

Yes it should - and probably renamed to something like 'Bugs in TGW'

Report on the heavier than air tech tree crash. It seems to be missing a closing bracket somewhere. Adding one at the end of "light_aicraft_tech.txt" fixes the crashing problem, but I don't know if that's where it was missing. (Incidentally, it is very weird that the lighter than air are in "heavy_air_tech.txt" and the heavier than air in the "light_air_tech") :)

Gwalcmai said:
Report on the heavier than air tech tree crash. It seems to be missing a closing bracket somewhere. Adding one at the end of "light_aicraft_tech.txt" fixes the crashing problem, but I don't know if that's where it was missing. (Incidentally, it is very weird that the lighter than air are in "heavy_air_tech.txt" and the heavier than air in the "light_air_tech") :)

Looks like a job for our new Techs Tsar - whoever he will be :)

Thanks for sorting that out.

I know there are no AI files yet, but Austriahungary.inc has the AI file pointing to austriahungary.ai

I assume this means that Austria Hungary currently has NO ai. Default or otherwise?

(Maybe it automatically is assigned the default ai.) *edit* (Same issue with Russia)

I have begun editing the French AI. Just for myself at the moment, I'll see where the results take me.

Renown said:
I know there are no AI files yet, but Austriahungary.inc has the AI file pointing to austriahungary.ai

I assume this means that Austria Hungary currently has NO ai. Default or otherwise?

(Maybe it automatically is assigned the default ai.)

Good point - could be the reason why the Austro-Hungarian army concentrates by the Adriatic sea.

Renown said:
I have begun editing the French AI. Just for myself at the moment, I'll see where the results take me.

Jolly good then. :)

Renown said:
Bug/Mistake
Convoys for Britian- We got things going out of Britain to the colonies, but nothing going in. I didn't notice it, till too late. Ran out of oil/steel and rubber in quick procession.
Not a bug, it was designed that way. The idea was to give the colonial players something to do. :) The outgoing convoys are taking oil and supplies to British naval forces and garrisons stationed in the colonies, so that they're in supply. However, setting up your economy is a task for the player (or the AI).