• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Problems with AI deploying the AEF

Playing TGW 1.0 with Reg update, Nov 18 scenario as Germany several games.

When the USA eners the war either in 15 or 17 the AI seems to create around 200 US divisions in france in the space of a few months.

I have had a look at the "Deployment of (the) AEF" events in the "AIEvents" file in the db events folder.

I presume that an event can only fire once in a game and that the AI's deployment of the AEF is being controlled by the events in the aforementioned AIEvents file.

If both of these assumptions are true I can see how the AI could deploy an extra 45 divisions in France for an American war entry in 1917 due to possible logic errors in the event scripting. Specifically an 1917 war entry will pick 1917 deployment s belonging to the 1915 war entry deployment stream. However, I can not for the life of me see how the AI can deploy 212 divisions.

What on earth is going on and what have I missed?

Otherwise I am enjoying the mod enormously. Good to see that the Germans got their 150mm howitzers in the end. So how about their flame throwers as well, so the Germans can use them at Hooge in 1915? (provided they research Infantry Engineer co-ordination and build some engineer brigades).

Check ya.

Shaka, sorry for taking this long to answer you. I guess everyone is paying more attention to the HOI2 forum. :)

The defeat even for France won't fire until certain provinces have been taken (as you took them all, no problem there) and the russian defeat event has fired.

For the russians to be defeated, you need to take Warsaw, St. Petersburg, Kiev, Moscow, Tsaritsyn (Stalingrad), Odessa, Grozhny and Ryazan. And Frankfurt needs to be under German control.

Cunneda, I'll try to figure it out, but I'm not promising I'll actually find the problem... :)