• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AmericanCheese said:
Everytime I try to go to the site to download Core, it says "page cannot be displayed." Is the site down? Anyway I couldn't find another site to download it off of; does anyone know where I can find if it the original links isn't working?

Hello i think it is working here.....

http://www.vojska.net/eng/games/hearts-of-iron/core/
Crazy Ivan's Hearts of Iron section - C.O.R.E. mod

Dont forget you have to load 0.90 then 0.91 core for complete mod.Download from BLUE highlighted text.

Dr Rare

Ps.then check out my sprites

Dr Rare said:
Hello i think it is working here.....

http://www.vojska.net/eng/games/hearts-of-iron/core/
Crazy Ivan's Hearts of Iron section - C.O.R.E. mod

Dont forget you have to load 0.90 then 0.91 core for complete mod.Download from BLUE highlighted text.

Dr Rare

Ps.then check out my sprites

Thanks.
I got the downloads, but I havn't installed yet because I just started playing TGW instead. If in a couple days I decide to do core, and I can't manage the installation, would it be alright if I come back here to ask questions?

Anyway I've been playing Hearts of Iron, the original, for probably four or five years now. I like to think I've learned something of the game, and would love to come back and conversate.

I don't know how to "program" or write files, but I would like to learn. I think I might have some small thing to contribute!

AmericanCheese said:
Thanks.
I got the downloads, but I havn't installed yet because I just started playing TGW instead. If in a couple days I decide to do core, and I can't manage the installation, would it be alright if I come back here to ask questions?

Anyway I've been playing Hearts of Iron, the original, for probably four or five years now. I like to think I've learned something of the game, and would love to come back and conversate.

I don't know how to "program" or write files, but I would like to learn. I think I might have some small thing to contribute!
Cool no worries! ,if you managed to install TGW you will have no problems with CORE it is much more simple to install ,it just auto installs and adds itself to your vanilla Hoi1 install without interfering with it.

If you are playing TGW you must Try the TGW Mini-mod v.2 it is all the latest TGW files superior to the original TGW 1.1 as it adds far more detail and history and i just love that mod(also check out my TGW GFX fixs ).For me the best Hoi1 mods are TGW or CORE!!!

It would be great to see you contribute to peoples games,its about time there was some new work.(I have many Hoi1 projects on the go at the moment some of which are finished but unreleased yet including a CORE nuclear mod!)!

The best site for info about modding this game is here......
http://www.hearts-of-iron.com/
Havard's HoI Hacking Haven

All the hoi GFX stuff is available at the stony site including over 50 hoi1 sprites by me!!(in the links in my signature)

Dr Rare

Great! I'll try to remember to check out that website soon.

my brother dropped a magnet inside my computer, so I just got done getting a new hard drive and fixing it. just installed core now and am about to give it a try ;-}

AmericanCheese said:
Great! I'll try to remember to check out that website soon.

my brother dropped a magnet inside my computer, so I just got done getting a new hard drive and fixing it. just installed core now and am about to give it a try ;-}
:eek:
Question ,was it a naughty little brother or a stupid older brother?.Do you still consider him your brother and did you let him live ?

CORE is Great ,i think you will be impressed with the extra historical realism,countries,details,units,models,leaders and techs compared to hoi1 vanilla.

Enjoy

Dr

I tend to think of him as a stupid older brother, but he used to be the most brilliant person. He has a fairly bad case of schizophrenia, and I try to be supportive, and not go to hard on him, but sometimes I get upset at him, especially how apathetic he has become. I still consider him my brother, though he used to be my role model.

Anyway trying Core for the first time ever today. I'm five months in to it,with germany, playing on Hard/Normal and so far It seems only slightly different, but better. I'll update my feelings when I'm at war, at which point I will probably be thourghly put off. I never end up conquering france as quickly as I would like to.

Well you are a good brother,and thats a fact.

One of the good things about core is that especially for Germany there are many historical events that follow the German war plans,so you will find the campaigns in Norway,Denmark and Yugoslavia triggering automatically also with core there are a number of occupation events,for example when you have occupied the Victory points provinces of Poland instead of you annexing them through the Diplomacy screen after a few days or a week of controlling the victory provinces automatic occupation events trigger same with YUGO,Denmark and Belgium and holland,so you needent waste time or DI annexing them etc.

Dr

Earlier I was playing with Germany, and after conquering France, sometime around november 1940 (could be wrong can't remember) an event came up that said something to the effect of: claim colonies. Anyway I went with claim colonies, and it gave france back everything it had on the main land, and then we were no longer at war. Anyway I wasn't very happy about this, so I reloaded, and when I got the option again I went with something to the effect of: Don't press the issue. Well guess what? Same thing happened, it gave France back everything on the continent. Anyone know what this is about. I forgot to mention that I never set up Vichy France, and Opted for total conquest when I had to make that decision.

I am not sure about this,but it sounds very interesting(i have always set up vichy so i have not noticed it.).
When you are at peace with France are they made your puppet?Instead of vichy?The colonies ,does France keep them or do you get old german Afrikan colonies back? Also do you receive any french provinces at all?
I am not sure ,someone else will probably know,but maybe it is like a bitter peace event?Which just puts war of for a time longer?

good luck at the front!

Dr Rare

I was allied with the Soviets at the time. France was never made my puppet after I conquered them, or after they got their land back on the continent. I never got any of the provinces off of the main land. And a month or so after the peace with the allies, they declared war on me again.

Something has been puzzling me. Why does Italy have the most advanced land technologies? I thought traditionally that Italy was technologically weak.

It's January 1939, and Japan has 140 divisions, none of them militia, while maintaining the highest land technologies?! I thought traditionally Japan was technologically weak. This dosn't make any sense to me. I remember hearing that you could shoot through their tanks with rifles :rofl:

I just ran across the event I was speaking of while playing a new campaign.

January 30 1939

Germany demands the return of her former Colonies

Option A: We demand the return of german colonial possessions.

Option B: Do not press our demands.

Sorry Gzav, I will try to remember to keep that in mind. I really don't mean to be a immature, but the condecension irks me. Will try and not let it happen again.

Last edited:
AmericanCheese said:
I just ran across the event I was speaking of while playing a new campaign.

January 30 1939

Germany demands the return of her former Colonies

Option A: We demand the return of german colonial possessions.

Option B: Do not press our demands.

This i know some about.Basically option A :If you choose it means you will have province claims added for all the old WW1 German empire in Afrika ,the Pacific and part of japanese china.This i am unsure but might effect the Japanese joining the axis of steel.I mean to choose this as an option next time i play myself!

Option B means you dont have the new claims on the old imperial German ww1 territory's.

Dr

Hi all,

I've only just installed this game ( 1.06c ) and mod ( v 0.91 ) and I have a question regarding the Armored Vehicle tech tree ... to research basic tanks I need to research amphibious tanks first? :confused: I would've thought that you should know how to build a basic tank before an amphibious one.

Cheers,
Davryd

Can't play

When I try to start CORE from my desctop, nothing happens. When I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL there is 'hoi', but game wont start.

Check that core was installed into your main Hoi1 folder.should be a folder there called mod-core
It may be your icon just isnt connected to the game.Check its properties to see where it is directed.

Setting up icon(Best explained by the install with the TGW mod)

Right click on hoi EXE .

Click Create Shortcut.

A shortcut, called "Shortcut to HOI.exe" has just been created.

- Rename shortcut to whatever you want, like shortcut to Mod-core or whatever core is

6 - Drag shortcut to desktop.

9 - Rightclick on this shortcut. Click properties
10 - In the Target: line, you will see this.
"C:\Program Files\Paradox entertainment\Hearts of iron\HoI.exe"
C can be D or E or whatever hard drive you installed HOI into.

11 - You'll see the target line. After the last quotation in that target line, type a space (not underscore) and then the name of your moddir
Alter this line to say:
"C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Hearts of iron\HoI.exe" Mod-Core

Now it should work.
Hope this helps

Dr

Good to see people still enjoy CORE. I've got a current game as Italy and the New Roman Empire event just fired - modified, so Syria, Egypt, and Iraq remain annexed and all occupied british provinces are recognized as Italian soil.

Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Spain, Siam, Ethiopia, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Vichy France, the British provinces of Kuala Lampur, Singapore, Ipoh, Kota Baharu, Kuwait, Gibraltar, and the Swiss all have fallen to the Italian Fascist Experiment. Germany is currently slogging toward Moscow while the Japs contend with the Chinese and the USA. I've been invited to join Germany more times than I can count - I have no desire to fight the Russians and their massive hordes.

IC is at a respectable 422 with a daily surplus of all resources. I might declare on Ireland, just to conquer and not annex so I can get the consumer goods discount for war. Portugal is looking tasty as well.

Mettermrck said:
Any idea where I can procure a copy of CORE 0.91? It's been a while, and the provided links don't seem to work. I remember my old CORE games with fond nostalgia. Thanks! :)

I think its posted in this thread....
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266975
Paradox Interactive Forums - The Complete Guide to Patching Beyond ver 1.06c

Dr