• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Got a question for Mac users out there.

Im trying to get CORE to work for the Mac, I don't know much about programing, so I used the Mod Installer, but for some reason it is not operating. Has anyone else had this issue?

How I used the Mod Installer- dragged the HoI folder into the installer, dropped the .8 CORE mod ontop of it (because Virtual Programing has apparently decided to stop providing its forum for users and that is where the newer core versions were hosted.)

Is this correct?

Vartuoosi said:
i downloaded the CORE 0.91 few days ago and it rules! great work guys. ;)
so is 1.0 going to be final version?

Nope. CORE1 is effectively finished at this ppoint, as work has moved on to CORE for HoI2.

Vartuoosi said:
in some threahds someones has talked about that final version will be 1.0. just wanted to be sure

That was long before we all got sucked into HoI2 work, either as Betas or for CORE2. 0.91 is the final version for HoI1.

Can someone link me, the CORE site seems to be down, I can't wait to play this version, I haven't played CORE in AGES, maybe 14/16 months...

Carroarmato-P40 said:
Can someone link me, the CORE site seems to be down, I can't wait to play this version, I haven't played CORE in AGES, maybe 14/16 months...
I posted the links about 10 posts back.

ok, i was just wondering why the core site is stiil down, or is down now. i cant access it, it just comes up as a 404.

I'm playing CORE .91 with HOI 1.06C as the United States. The date is August 1953. I have researched and built ICBMs. I ahve researched "Nuclear" through Improved Commercial Nuclear Power. I have 36 nuclear warheads. How do I "mate" the warheads to the ICBMs?

Last edited:
Bigh RI Joe said:
I'm playing CORE .91 with HOI 1.06C as the United States. The date is August 1953. I have researched and built ICBMs. I ahve researched "Nuclear" through Improved Commercial Nuclear Power. I have 36 nuclear warheads. How do I "mate" the warheads to the ICBMs?

It was been quite some time since I played HOI1,but IIRC, you right clickon your ICBM(maybe left click) then there should be an add nuke when looking at the unit.I remember it taking me forever to figure out even how to load them on Strat. Bombers. ;)

Playing latest CORE I load only CAGs on my CVs...however I notice the AI doesn't feel any compunctions against using all types of air on theirs. Consequently as Japan my fleets get slaughtered by the US early on...rather unrealistic I'd say, though I do realize this is not an historical game. Was it not a possibility to code in such for the AI? Regardless, I'm looking at other alternatives to counter this - say stationing fighters on the outlaying islands, mix in some Naval bombers, etc.

Everytime I try to go to the site to download Core, it says "page cannot be displayed." Is the site down? Anyway I couldn't find another site to download it off of; does anyone know where I can find if it the original links isn't working?