• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Archbishop said:
No. After you annex Germany, your War Entry drops. You have WE even as a communist (just see the savegame), and the lower the WE the higher the supply you need. Editing your WE will increase/decrease your CG needs.

So it's a bad call annexing Germany then.

Or is there anything positive coming out of annexing them except the ability to place newly built troops in Germany?

herm said:
So it's a bad call annexing Germany then.

Or is there anything positive coming out of annexing them except the ability to place newly built troops in Germany?

somewhat higher IC output. Occupied provinces normally give 25%, annexed 33%. This is all lost again though because of the CG rise.

Ghost_dk

herm said:

herm

You can trace supply from the annexed provinces (as long as you have a supply line to the homeland). That cuts down your logistics distance penalty. A big deal for countries like USA and Japan that often end up fighting far from home, not so big for USSR and UK that usually have handy provinces in most of their military theaters.

Err i cant go to core site! Could you direct link to mod?

The US site was defaced by hackers, leading first to Road to War being discontinued and then to the US mirror for C.O.R.E. being discontinued. At this time we don't have a replacement for it so please use the link for the UK site.

herm said:
My first time playing C.O.R.E. latest version (with 1.06 instead of 1.06c).

I am Soviet '36 scenario, plays the pacifist until all the other majors are in war, dows and annex Japan, Siam, China (both) then sometime around 1944 Germany dows me.

September '46, have taken the last VP province of Germany and when I have annexed them my consumer goods needs skyrockets from 99 to 260. From what I remember from the original HoI the needs goes down in wartimes and is fairly high when at peace. The problem is that I am still at war with Italy, Nat. Spain, Argentina, Portugal and Paraguay.

Can anyone tell me if C.O.R.E. differs from HoI in some way here or if this isn't supposed to happen.

Thanks

This has nothing to do with warentry or being at war in general. There is a special CG setting for the USSR when at war with Germany which is extremely low. Being at war with somebody else (like Finland in the winter war) will not qualify for this and having annexed Germany removes you war status with Germany and therefor increase your CG to the normal level when being at war.

I wanted to ask a few Newby question applicable to CORE, but didn't see an appropriate topic.

OK, CORE Stupid newby questions.

[Applies to unitnames.csv]
I am playing USA and creating Airwings.

All my Strat bombers, Tact Bombers and Close Support bombers all have the SAME Division Names.
(They are all called XXXth Bombardment Wing)

Naval Bombers and Torpedo Bombers also have the same names (Carrier Air Wing ###)

From my few Vanilla HOI games I remember they were called Strat Bomber wing, Tact Bomber Wing, and Naval Bomber Wing, etc.

Was this change made to reflect Historical accuracy?
(Maybe they didn't differentiate between the types of aircraft, they were all just called Bombardment wings?)

[Applies to unitnames.csv]
I understand why Torpedo Divisions are called C.A.W. XXX they have been modded to represent the CAGs
But why are Naval Bombers Divisions also called Carrier Air Wing xxx.

Were the types of planes used on Carriers? I sort of thought from the models listed these were Land based naval attack planes.
USA: PBYs PB4Ys and PBMs
ENG: Hudsons, Venturas, and Harpoons

Maybe they should be Naval Air Wings???

Last Stupid Newby question.

It LOOKS like I could put ANY plane on carriers (even the big B-52 type Intercontinental Bombers) But for reality I should only put CAGs on carriers. (I think I have read that some people also include a division of Fighters on their carriers also. ie. 3 CAGs and 1 FTR on each carrier.

My question, what is the AI putting on IT'S carriers? Has it been restricted in anyway to use only "appropriate" planes on its carriers?

Thanks,
BlackHat

BlackHat said:
It LOOKS like I could put ANY plane on carriers (even the big B-52 type Intercontinental Bombers) But for reality I should only put CAGs on carriers.
CORE can not restrict that, but it is somewhere in a readme-file, that only CAGs should operate from a carrier. Exception, when you use the carrier to transport the planes somewhere.

Yes, it will be released this weekend. We haven't got all the parts of the Italian translation yet so it may need to go out without it. There's still some bugs open that I'd like to resolve in this patch as well. I'll announce it here as soon as it's uploaded.

Panther II said:
CORE can not restrict that, but it is somewhere in a readme-file, that only CAGs should operate from a carrier. Exception, when you use the carrier to transport the planes somewhere.

True, but my question was, What is the AI putting on it's carriers?

(I suppose I could load up a game as the enemy and see what it has)

Thanks,
BlackHat

Updated Naval Mod Files

CORE .84pe came with 2 files in the Documentation. (At least thats where I think I got them)

0.7 Naval Models.xls
Naval Mod Guide.pdf

The xls file I guess was from the CORE .7 release and the pdf I would guess was from CORE .8

Well I have edited the 0.7 xls file to bring it up to date. (0.84pe Naval Modes.xls) and included the ship models from the Guide (updated to .84pe also) [I don't do .pdf files so I wont be updating that] :)

How, who, or where can I either upload it or e-mail send it to, so it can be listed here, or included with the next release.

Thanks,
BlackHat

Brief update on v0.85 patch. I've just built rc3, the final release candidate unless somebody identifies a major bug. It will be released in a few hours unless something catastrophic happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.