• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Roberts said:
Has anyone had news from Steel? I'm sure I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting the CORE 0.85 release that he mentioned was coming soon...

Probably awaiting his copy of HoI Platinum. That'll be the priority first patch, to get the version included on that up to full speed, then a regular patch with a few additional changes.

Yeah, I'm running a little late with the v0.85 stuff, it will be some days more before I can release it as I've been working on some other very important stuff, basically:

• Website hosting renewal into 2005 with continued unlimited bandwidth etc
  • Domain name renewal for another 12 months
  • Major website upgrade coming soon for CORE, VIP and CORE for HoI 2
  • New bug tracking system as the previous method (wiki tracking) was not 100% effective
  • Getting some new members into the CORE team to re-energize for a great v0.9 release as most of the 'old guard' is busy on HoI 2 or VIP

After all it would have been kind of embarassing if we were wiped off the web on the 2nd of October ;)

jdrou said:
HoI 2 is not out yet so it is quite possible CORE could be at 1.0 before it is released. Version numbers are whatever the authors say they are. CORE is like many free software projects in being conservative in its versioning; if it was a commercial product the current version might be released as '1.0'.
Yes, absolutely right. Arguably v0.7 was the version when we first achieved what could have been rightfully called v1.0. Before then the entire tech tree was in constant change, there was huge event projects that hadn't been added yet, the Color & Counter Mod wasn't in, there was no localization projects (well, there had been some very early attempts but they couldn't keep up with the rate of change) etc.

I think once v1.0 is out people will be able to look back and see that you can recognize it as an advanced version of v0.7 whereas if you compared v1.0 to v0.3 you would probably think the latter was HoI without any mods installed. This project has come a very long way since the first RAR archive (see here) was released.

Last edited:
minor alliances in core

i am playing as nationalist spain and wanted to go with japan.
but because we both arent axis/comintern/allied i can't do the alliance.
a time ago i read, that this should work with core, but that seems to be wrong...???

raudi said:
i am playing as nationalist spain and wanted to go with japan.
but because we both arent axis/comintern/allied i can't do the alliance.
a time ago i read, that this should work with core, but that seems to be wrong...???

No extra alliances in CORE. Only the 3 existing ones

This isn't possible in HOI, and can't be modded.

Please post these questions in the CORE forum next time. ;)

v0.85 status update

Update on v0.85 - we're working on balance testing of CAG stats and I'd like to get the Italian translation into this patch. It will certainly be released this week, probably on Friday :)

German AI will not attack SU in 1941

Background:

Playing CORE 0.84 all combinations of the settings Normal & Hard, Aggressive & Furious, and Basic/bring it on/I'm a pro

12 campiagns as the Soviet Union with another two dozen or so restarts from saved games in these campaigns.

In all of these attempts the German AI has launched an attack on the Soviet Union only once in all of these attempts. That was on third Soviet campaign with the settings Hard/Agressive/I'm a pro where germany attacked in early April 41. The feature that distinguished this from all of the other games was that there was no MR pact offered by the AI to the SU and that the SU was at war with Japan who subsequently joined the Axis.

This really sucks especially as it takes me about 6 hours to play from 1936 to 1941 as the SU.

All of the other campaigns have played fairly normally, all of them had the fall of Poland and then France, with the occasional ahistoric variations eg Germany allies with Czechoslovakia, limited MR pact, the Finnish winter war drawing in Sweden etc.

I do appreciate the fact the Germany will not invade the SU if America joins with the allies on or prior to summer 41, which has happened a few times. In these cases I have tried editing the saved game file to lower US warentry. All this does is delays the US from joining the Allies until they are attacked by Japan and the Germans will still not invade the SU even if I continue play until the late summer of 42. The Germans remain inactive on the eatern front.

The only common thread I can see in the AI behavior is that in all of these games is that any version of MR appears to result in permanent peace between the SU and Germany.

This state of affairs is ridiculous.

Is my German AI file broken or corrupt? If this is a possibility, can I download a non corrupt version from somewhere?

Thankyou.

My first time playing C.O.R.E. latest version (with 1.06 instead of 1.06c).

I am Soviet '36 scenario, plays the pacifist until all the other majors are in war, dows and annex Japan, Siam, China (both) then sometime around 1944 Germany dows me.

September '46, have taken the last VP province of Germany and when I have annexed them my consumer goods needs skyrockets from 99 to 260. From what I remember from the original HoI the needs goes down in wartimes and is fairly high when at peace. The problem is that I am still at war with Italy, Nat. Spain, Argentina, Portugal and Paraguay.

Can anyone tell me if C.O.R.E. differs from HoI in some way here or if this isn't supposed to happen.

Thanks

About the 'German Zones of Occupation' events.

I'm not sure I like the current triggers. I've been fighting my way slowly through france and western Europe (Im the USA). Finally I had managed to get the germans on the run, when suddently the land I had moved through (France got the land as I attacked from their provinces) got split up between me, France and the UK. That caused my troops in south Germany to be out of supply (they dont have access to any coastal province), the ones in north eastern Germany remained on French territory, but since the UK got north western Germany, they were out of supply as well. My supplies prior to that all came from convoys landing in Montpellier.
That totally messed up my armies, and allowed the Germans to start counter attacking. I never even got a chance to say no (selecting 'Germany should not be divided' has no effect besides changing the core provinces), and my troops in Austria was trapped without oil in mountains surrounded by Axis troops. Not really what I had expected.
Any way the triggers can somehow determine whether or not Germany is broken (which I believe is what would cause partition IRL)?

herm said:
My first time playing C.O.R.E. latest version (with 1.06 instead of 1.06c).

I am Soviet '36 scenario, plays the pacifist until all the other majors are in war, dows and annex Japan, Siam, China (both) then sometime around 1944 Germany dows me.

September '46, have taken the last VP province of Germany and when I have annexed them my consumer goods needs skyrockets from 99 to 260. From what I remember from the original HoI the needs goes down in wartimes and is fairly high when at peace. The problem is that I am still at war with Italy, Nat. Spain, Argentina, Portugal and Paraguay.

Can anyone tell me if C.O.R.E. differs from HoI in some way here or if this isn't supposed to happen.

Thanks

Your CG demand skyrockets because of the annexation of Germany. Your CG demand goes up when you annex a nation, or gain any provinces that are not listed as "core provinces." As the USSR, you have no cores on Germany, so the CG demand goes up significantly, as Germany has a lot of ICs and MP. The same happens to Germany when you annex other nations.

BarMonger said:
I'm not sure I like the current triggers. I've been fighting my way slowly through france and western Europe (Im the USA). Finally I had managed to get the germans on the run, when suddently the land I had moved through (France got the land as I attacked from their provinces) got split up between me, France and the UK. That caused my troops in south Germany to be out of supply (they dont have access to any coastal province), the ones in north eastern Germany remained on French territory, but since the UK got north western Germany, they were out of supply as well. My supplies prior to that all came from convoys landing in Montpellier.
That totally messed up my armies, and allowed the Germans to start counter attacking. I never even got a chance to say no (selecting 'Germany should not be divided' has no effect besides changing the core provinces), and my troops in Austria was trapped without oil in mountains surrounded by Axis troops. Not really what I had expected.
Any way the triggers can somehow determine whether or not Germany is broken (which I believe is what would cause partition IRL)?

Well, it's partially WAD. Teh supply issue is known, and there will be a work around for it in teh next patch hopefully. Most likely, it will be as it was historically, where the USA gets control of Bremerhaven for supply purposes. As for the other aspect, only the Soviets can break the agreement IIRC. The Western Allies are forced into accpetance (abstraction of the various Allied conferences). Only the Soviets can reneg on it.

JRaup said:
Well, it's partially WAD. Teh supply issue is known, and there will be a work around for it in teh next patch hopefully. Most likely, it will be as it was historically, where the USA gets control of Bremerhaven for supply purposes. As for the other aspect, only the Soviets can break the agreement IIRC. The Western Allies are forced into accpetance (abstraction of the various Allied conferences). Only the Soviets can reneg on it.

Yes, I understand the historical importance, but in my game, the Russians arent breathing down the neck of the Germans. Germany has more than 400 divisions (in supply, and well teched), and I've been lucky to push them this far. I doubt the Allies would have divided Germany before she was on her knees.
Dunno, doesnt matter that much, I'll just edit the event :)

JRaup said:
Your CG demand skyrockets because of the annexation of Germany. Your CG demand goes up when you annex a nation, or gain any provinces that are not listed as "core provinces." As the USSR, you have no cores on Germany, so the CG demand goes up significantly, as Germany has a lot of ICs and MP. The same happens to Germany when you annex other nations.

When I annexed Italy my CG hardly changed, why the big (extreme) difference?

BarMonger said:
Yes, I understand the historical importance, but in my game, the Russians arent breathing down the neck of the Germans. Germany has more than 400 divisions (in supply, and well teched), and I've been lucky to push them this far. I doubt the Allies would have divided Germany before she was on her knees.
Dunno, doesnt matter that much, I'll just edit the event :)

Yeah unfortunately it looks like the event doesn't take into account anything outside of "West" Germany. Adding a check for Berlin and some other cities, Warsaw for example, should help.

After all the odds that the "allies" will meet at the Elbe in the game is slim to none. :)

JRaup said:

No. After you annex Germany, your War Entry drops. You have WE even as a communist (just see the savegame), and the lower the WE the higher the supply you need. Editing your WE will increase/decrease your CG needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.