• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
belongs rather to AAR

BTW, what level of difficulty do you play? I got problems imagining 6 english divisions encircling and destroying 70 German divisions... ;)[/QUOTE]

I am playing NORMAL difficulty with BASIC level modifier for C.O.R.E.
I was myself rather surprised at the development.
Very briefly:
I had complete naval superiority + surprisingly air superiority over battlefield, though german 8+ bomber stack managed to do some damage to my 3stacks of hurricanes.
French, Belgians, and my two inf. corps (4stack each) retreated as far as Paris, defending behind Seine. Dutch remained neutral. I thougt France is lost, german inf. had org. around 72, allies about 50, numerical advantage was 2:1 for germans on the front. I had two inf divisions on home islands and evacuated severly beaten BEF motorized corps under Montgomery, field marschal at the time.
Maginot line was intact, garrisoned by sometimes as much as one cavalry per sector. Then 2 Canadian motorised divisions (AI command) joined fighting, raced to Maginot line, attacked Lucemburg, dislodged one rumanian panzer division. At the moment I noticed Antwerpen are not garrisoned at all and Koln has one inf. division and 2landfort. So I reinforced my motorized BEF ( 3 motorized div + 3 light armored div. (Vickers VI, cast hull, christie suspension, 2pdr. gun), send it back to France, drove to Lucembourg and with luck and air support captured Koln. That cut off whole german attacking army in northern france. With more luck my commanders on the main front around Paris guessed the dirrection of German attack on Troyes, se the two direction 20+ division river assault could be repelled. That was just it. My fleets sunk some forty transports tying to supply the cut off divisions, BEF repelled one meagre attack on Koln, then proceeded to the northern coast, Denmark. Back to Koln. In few month the out of supply german divisions were disarmed. Even french starded to move to germany to do some mop up work.
Bulgary joined the Axis in last possible moment, fine with me, because peace isnt good for commonwealth military development. Unfortunately just recently french overcame their Gallipoli syndrome and launched succesful naval invasion resulting in anexation of Bulgary.
USA won't join allies, there is no axis. Commies are big unknown.
Is this an alternate history ?
T

Seems like you have recreated 1942 Charkov battle somehow, except for the naval blocade part... :D

Don't expect that it's possible on the highest levels of difficulty though... ;)

renwor said:
(...)USA won't join allies, there is no axis. Commies are big unknown. Is this an alternate history ?
T

You have written alternative history, so the rest is yours. Maybe you should switch for a moment to France, free Poland, then attack USSR to reclaim their eastern territories? Just an idea...

US war entry

I've been happily playing 0.71 SP, so happily, in fact, that after installing 1.06 and taking a brief look at the tech tree and OOB, I uninstalled and went back to CORE :)

Love 0.71. Absolutely wonderful. Took a good concept (HoI) and made it close to the game it should have been from the start. I have been noticing that every game I've played thus far as Germany (all 4), the US enters the war in 1940. Doesn't seem to matter if I play a kinder, gentler Germany, or one that makes Hitler look like a screaming left wing activist. Is this a WAD or merely an unintended consequence of several changes?

PBI said:
(...)I have been noticing that every game I've played thus far as Germany (all 4), the US enters the war in 1940. Doesn't seem to matter if I play a kinder, gentler Germany, or one that makes Hitler look like a screaming left wing activist. Is this a WAD or merely an unintended consequence of several changes?

Side effect of one of the changes aiming for... more "user friendly" interface. :D

If you want more realistic USA WE, enter the CORE_campaign directory, find the file named vp_alt.inc, and use it to replace original vp.inc file in the same directory.

We will correct the problem in the next versions of the mod (although some players like ultra-agressive USA)...

Thanks Everyone for the Replies - Modified Leaders

Ghost_dk said:
You should stick with the English leader file from CORE. With the latest pick pack a lot of English leaders without pics were cut out from the pack but CORE has decided to stay with the larger English leader file from the previous release because UK needs those extra leaders. Especially the naval ones.

Ghost_dk

Thanks to everyone that commented on the "CORE English leader" vs "Pic Pack English Leader" question.

I enlisted the help of my wife to modify the CORE leader file to call for all available photos in the Pic Pack, no other modifications there.

My wife also created a British Flag to appear in place of a photo for those leaders without pictures. (I personally prefer it to the shadow / ? symbol.)

The entire process took some time, so if anyone would like a copy of the modifications, I am happy to send it. One problem, I don't know how to post the files.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Terhune

USA defeat event needed

Ok here is the situation.My JAP in AXIS,SOV are defeated completelly and form the once proud UK only their island stays as well as CANADA and SA plus few more i provinces ocean islands.AUS is taken by me.In the pacific ocean USA has no base at all and have also taken Panama base.But war continues,before 1.06 it was ok to land on USA but now with these supply rules its impossible so are you going to have a USA defeat event,doesnt have to be a total defeat,maybe just a treaty to push them of the Allied group and substract their VP.
Now i guess that American patriotism will not let USA HoI players to accept the possibility of a defeat but i think under certain positions it would be possible.For example if manpower losses are to high and there are no USA bases exept mainland plus a good european axis position maybe USA would sign a peace treaty.

Terhune said:
Thanks to everyone that commented on the "CORE English leader" vs "Pic Pack English Leader" question.

I enlisted the help of my wife to modify the CORE leader file to call for all available photos in the Pic Pack, no other modifications there.

My wife also created a British Flag to appear in place of a photo for those leaders without pictures. (I personally prefer it to the shadow / ? symbol.)

The entire process took some time, so if anyone would like a copy of the modifications, I am happy to send it. One problem, I don't know how to post the files.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Terhune

Hi Terhune

Sound great. If you want to you can any filesthat you have moddified to my email adress and I will make sure the changes get included in the next as soon as possible. I will send you a PM with my address.

thank you for the help :cool:

Ghost_dk

The ancient mar said:
Ok here is the situation.My JAP in AXIS,SOV are defeated completelly and form the once proud UK only their island stays as well as CANADA and SA plus few more i provinces ocean islands.AUS is taken by me.In the pacific ocean USA has no base at all and have also taken Panama base.But war continues,before 1.06 it was ok to land on USA but now with these supply rules its impossible so are you going to have a USA defeat event,doesnt have to be a total defeat,maybe just a treaty to push them of the Allied group and substract their VP.
Now i guess that American patriotism will not let USA HoI players to accept the possibility of a defeat but i think under certain positions it would be possible.For example if manpower losses are to high and there are no USA bases exept mainland plus a good european axis position maybe USA would sign a peace treaty.

We'll have to see how things play out a few times before making such an event. not that it isn't a good idea though. the problem will be to insure that the event has the right triggers, and is "realistic." I ahve yet to play around with 1.06, so I have no first hand experience with how all teh changes work as yet.

Ghost_dk said:
Hi Terhune

Sound great. If you want to you can any filesthat you have moddified to my email adress and I will make sure the changes get included in the next as soon as possible. I will send you a PM with my address.

thank you for the help :cool:

Ghost_dk

Ghost,

I sent the files to your e-mail address, roughly a week ago. I sent them during a home network reconfiguation, so I thought I should double check to see that they were received in good order.

I have since used the files in a multi-player game, no problems. Of course, I upgraded all participants prior to starting.

Thanks again for your help / advice and interest.

Terhune