• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've not spoken to Lordmackie since the a few days after his last post on this thread, i've finished the work i said i would concerning Libya/Senuss but he's not been on Skype to receive the work or let me know how far he's got with his work on the early years of the Roman empire and the Italian people. Until we are in contact again this mod is on pause.

This mod is on pause while I deal with IRL issues. I haven't quit or given up but my priorities for the time being have shifted. I will continue working on this game when I can, shouldn't be exceptionally long.

if that's the case then can we get in contact soon, you can message over skype even if the other person is offline. I don't have loads of time free either but hopefully we'll be able to progress some more soon.

to lift any fears over whether this is dead or not we've been in contact with each other today and have begun progressing the storyline further ahead, if all our ideas are formed into the mod then you guys will have a big treat on the way eventually ;)

to lift any fears over whether this is dead or not we've been in contact with each other today and have begun progressing the storyline further ahead, if all our ideas are formed into the mod then you guys will have a big treat on the way eventually ;)

Yay! :D

So whatever happened with this mod?

Patch 1.03 is supposed to come out within a month. (Scheduled August-September) Development will be postponed until it is released as it will most likely not work with the patch if it's made for 1.02 (Kinda pointless to release it to work for 2 weeks and then immediately be obsolete)
If plans have changed and they extended when it's supposed to come out please let me know, the most recent change I have seen was August-September of this year.

How much content has been written(terms of events, etc.) if you don't mind me asking? Don't expect details, but just asking because I understand if you haven't developed much of anything due to 1.03 being fairly different. So, figured I'd ask have any chains been written or anything. I've been interested in this mod since the thread popped up.

How much content has been written(terms of events, etc.) if you don't mind me asking? Don't expect details, but just asking because I understand if you haven't developed much of anything due to 1.03 being fairly different. So, figured I'd ask have any chains been written or anything. I've been interested in this mod since the thread popped up.

Events are done up until the formation of Rome and the Kingdom of Italy (basically the same as Regular Italy but we needed a new country for it to work.)

Event development stopped after that to deal with AI and tech bugs and then I stopped when I heard how close 1.03 was. I may have to rewrite EVERYTHING depending on how different the patch is.

If you want I'd be happy to continue on developing the mod for you. I made my own Roman Empire mod a while back but never released it because this showed up. I've since deleted most of the events I made but I could recreate some of them.

I am always happy to accept help. LIke in the above post I will wait for 1.03 to be released assuming it DOES in fact come out this month as I may have to rewrite a lot of what I have done. What do you know how to do and what time zone are you in?

Events are done up until the formation of Rome and the Kingdom of Italy (basically the same as Regular Italy but we needed a new country for it to work.)

Event development stopped after that to deal with AI and tech bugs and then I stopped when I heard how close 1.03 was. I may have to rewrite EVERYTHING depending on how different the patch is.

Well, so far, it's looking to be a big contrast, but the patch is intended to create better 'modability'.

Well, so far, it's looking to be a big contrast, but the patch is intended to create better 'modability'.

Yes and also I believe AAR is being implemented with the actual 1.03 release. Making it much easier. I will also have to learn all the new systems and how everything works (There are a lot of new changes). If 1.03 release is pushed back again though I will continue developing the 1.02 version.

If you want I'd be happy to continue on developing the mod for you. I made my own Roman Empire mod a while back but never released it because this showed up. I've since deleted most of the events I made but I could recreate some of them.

If you'd like to help we can send you the event plan we (or i at least) have written in a notepad file. It's good that you have offered. We've had lot's of ideas but limited implemention... :D

I am looking for new and improved ways to efficiently develop mods.

I believe I found a very promising one.

http://lordmackie.github.com/NARE/

Using this website/program should make developing with others much easier and organized. Tell me what you think. If this bodes well I will continue to update the webpage and repository as development continues at a later date.

ALSO:
This is completely up to you guys, but from the looks of it AAR will not be stable for 1.03 until at least November so either I can develop NARE for 1.02 now and update much later or I can wait until AAR is updated. Your choice. Just know that if you choose to develop now I will not update it for 1.03 until all the major bugs are out of the 1.02 version and it is complete for the most part. Post on this thread your opinions. I will decide in exactly one week based on popular opinion as shown in this thread.

Well, although I'm eager to play I'm certain many people here have already downloaded 1.03. I wouldn't mind going back a version to play NARE, though, tbh. I'm a bored individual and this is one of the few mods I've been incessantly hoping for.

well, as i heard AAR is more or less compatible with 1.03 and burning works on more updated version (dont know if this is the update in november you mentioned)

so maybe updating your mod is not a bad decision?
is it much work?