New Achievements have been revealed

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah yes, the "pretend a game with tens of thousands of players has a monolithic hivemind player base" angle.

The EU4 player base is large and I'd guess that those two groups are, at the very least, partially disjoint. (See also HOI4, where you'll see everyone from nasty-minded xenophile egalitarian cynics to tankies and wehraboos.)
I consider myself the average EU4 player, "Joe EU4" if you like, and I do find that attacking the natives is a good choice if you pair it with the native repression policy (unless you're France). So, kind of yeah...
Meanwhile, I do hate EU4 punny non-game-related achievements.

• 2Like
Reactions:
People getting agitated about worthless eye candy /shakes head

I do agree though that the Brittany one was in very poor taste and needed removal. But getting your tidy whites all bunched up over something that means nothing game play wise just baffles me.

Reactions:
Achievements for both Leviathan and the Emperor seems not nearly as interesting as before. They just lack some craziness. Btw why there are so few of them nowadays? Maybe devs are little shy due to the impressive total numbers? If so, there is really nothing to be shy about.

Reactions:
Ok, that's just a bad achievement set. I hope that's not all and that there will be some more interesting ones.
I hoped there will be an achievement for Khmer and Majapahit, they're supposed to be challenging after all.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I do agree though that the Brittany one was in very poor taste and needed removal. But getting your tidy whites all bunched up over something that means nothing game play wise just baffles me.
Achievements mean nothing? I guess in a literal sense, sure. But they have been a driving point for campaigns for years and help people form goals or give them a reason to try out areas of the map they have yet to play much in.

And for people who have multiple thousands of hours in the game... sometimes it's nice to have that defined goal for the Steam achievement because I've already beaten the Ottomans, France, Ming, etc so many times it's just more of the same and doesn't feel as awesome as it did in 2013.

I think people would have been happier with the new achievements all being "Finish This New Mission Tree," even if that idea is not creative.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Along with another poster I'd want a nice "Very Hard" achievement in place for Britney's. Been itching to play a South East Asian tag for a while, and hey you could do something with "Khmer" and "come 'ere", I dunno.

Reactions:
But what about Quizquiz ? I get that the pun they're going for is Quid Pro Quo, but what's Anjou got to do anything ? Is it because the way English speakers pronouce it sounds a bit like 'And You'? That seems really far fetched to me...
I think it has to deal with the fact that the French raided the Tunica chiefdom of Quizquiz (Quizquiz is pronounced Keys-keys, which makes the pun name rely on spelling instead of pronounciation which I find very odd,) when it was on an expedition down the Mississippi river, and promptly killed the cheif, Cheif Quizquiz, as well.

As the requirement of owning Anjou, it might be due to the similar pronounciations of Anjou and the Yazoo (Yazoo River is a river that the Tunica people settled near alongside the Mississippi River, which I think Quizquiz is supposed to be the representation of the whole Tunica peoples due to them being the most documented), which could explain the use of the quid quo pro origin as the name, as in most Latin sprouted languages, is used to describe a blunder/misunderstanding due to a mistake or substitution of something (I am guessing it is using the French use for the achievement name, if not, I don't know). Atleast, that is what I think.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think people would have been happier with the new achievements all being "Finish This New Mission Tree," even if that idea is not creative.
Nope. Because there is always a mission requires you to have 1700 or later, even if you complete everything else in 1500. Like Austria mission, wait until revolution, because.. lol, just wait

Reactions:
One is a video game / historical simulation.

The other is a real person.
So we can want more of genocide natives, because they aren't real (already dead=isn't real)?

So we can want more of genocide natives, because they aren't real (already dead=isn't real)?
Are there achievements that involves genocide? Conquering, religious converting and colonization mechanics are not necessarily suppose such things. The only mechanic resembling this is the suppress natives button in the army view, which is pretty much useless, especially when compared with integration.
And let's not forget that in EU4 you can pick any nation and spread its' culture across the globe. In the context of this game, when we are speaking about natives as only of victims of genocide, we are stick to the europocentric worldview, and belittling non-european nations, denying their ability to take a role of active agressor.
So yes, making jokes about real person's problems is not appropriate, and i'm glad that devs have removed it.

Reactions:
Hello,

The achievement made fun of someone (using her picture, plus one of her titles, and then hinting her current IRL situation) the is probably suffering a lot IRL and that is nothing in History, ask you to play against your interest as a player, to get a mocking picture of the above mentionned someone.

The mechanics you talk about, are asked by players, to improve their what if / RP gameplay in a game.
For instance, demanding the dev to stop giving Queen to the French Realm in EUIV, doesnt mean one wouldnt vote for a female candidate during the presidential election.
The important ideas are RP IG =/= Bullying suffering people.

Plus, be happy, i'm sure every Stellaris players are not that much into slavery / purge IRL, while they'll probably riot if you would be talking about removing those mechanics in their game. And most of the GTA players are decent drivers that never shot anyone.

Reactions:
those achievements are either an attempt at getting people to talk about them... and wont exist after the update OR poorly thought out and quickly added...
I'd prefer something about Khmer or Majapahit...
Kome here!: own all of south East-Asia as Khmer
or
Killing the White Elephant: As Khmer own all of Ayutthaya
or
A True Khmer Empire: become Emperor of China as Khmer.
or
The TRUE Lord of Spice: as Majapahit own all of south-east Asia and convert it to hinduism.
other names could be: No I am Indonesia
The Rule of Malay is MINE!
or
No Jihad for You: As Majapahit go through the disaster and remain Hindu. (since i don't remember how the disaster works ext you could add unit at least 1600.)
And that was in 20 minutes of thought. just with those two countries.

worthless Eyecandy that you have to go into an ironman save to achieve... thereby chaining the player into a campaign where they can't just go back to a previous save if something bad happens OR if they do something wrong.... essentually worthless eyecandy that has to be earned in some cases through very hard means...

• 1Love
Reactions: