New Achievements have been revealed

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

johnsd

Sergeant
66 Badges
Sep 7, 2017
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Imperator: Rome
1617718895551.png

• 12Like
  • 5Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Awful achievement selections.

• 4Like
Reactions:
That Britney one is kind of cruel to be honest, considering the situation with her father. :D

Last edited:
  • 9Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
They are pretty bad, nothing interesting or somewhat challenging. 4 are just use x feature, the other 5 are speed 5 achievements.

I’m very disappointed. Hopefully a few more, because 9 is a very odd number.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Yeah the Britney one is savage, and I love it :p

Can someone explaine the Quizquiz-Anjou and the Pegu-Mon ones ? I'm assuming they're both puns but I don't get it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Britney one is highly offensive and rude, I would say.

Also, two achievements based on unfunny puns require the same thing: to have capital somewhere. Awful design

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I get wanting to make light of a popstar but that is really cold, her actual real life is in a state of hell with her own autonomy stripped from her. Making jokes about that seems really bizarrely cruel from Paradox. It's not some historical reference, it's a case of ongoing real suffering, whether you sympathize or not it's not appropriate in my opinion

• 13Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
They are pretty bad, nothing interesting or somewhat challenging. 4 are just use x feature, the other 5 are speed 5 achievements.

I’m very disappointed. Hopefully a few more, because 9 is a very odd number.

It looks like these are the only ones, you can see them if you go to Steam Achievements and I didn't find any other ones.

I agreed this Britney achievement is too cruel. If Paradox need a historical reference, then I have one: king Christian VII of Denmark. He has been in a regency from when he was crowned in age of 16 and until his death in an age of 59 because he was mad

• 22Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Pegu is the same nation which has the sailor mon achievment right? havnt gotten that one yet so thats cool

the rest are just achievments that you (I atleast) dont get by normally playing so I dont like those

that Britney one though :mad:

• 7Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I get wanting to make light of a popstar but that is really cold, her actual real life is in a state of hell with her own autonomy stripped from her. Making jokes about that seems really bizarrely cruel from Paradox. It's not some historical reference, it's a case of ongoing real suffering, whether you sympathize or not it's not appropriate in my opinion
Not only is her situation messed up, the achievement itself is also awful given that players typically try to avoid regency for good reason.

Still, I don't think the song reference itself is inherently offensive. It even makes some sense regarding regency. But regencies suck and nothing I saw in the dev diaries will change that. At least give her something good.

Reactions:
Can someone explaine the Quizquiz-Anjou and the Pegu-Mon ones ? I'm assuming they're both puns but I don't get it.
That's no Mon is a reference to A New Hope, and from what I looked up, Quizquiz was a general for the Incas. The Quizquiz achievement itself is a reference to the phrase Quid Pro Quo

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm surprised there isn't even a "Finish X Mission Tree" achievement, there have been such achievements in each of the last 4 patches for Austria, Spain, Mewar, and Great Britain.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I don't want to be overally negative as some of these do look fun, but I really would have liked to have seen achievements for the new totemism and sikh mechanics and some more for all the SEA tags given all the new content they've recieved.

• 2Like
Reactions:
These achievements feel kinda dry, and one is just cruel due to the Britney situation and using it kinda as a reference for an achievement is just, a massive bad taste in my mouth. I don't know what they were thinking about with that one, but, they couldn't have chosen a worse time to use that achivement concept.

I feel like there was a good chance to add some meaty achievements in here, due to everything they added they could do a lot off of big features (and even the new religion), but all we got was a quesadilla with barely anything in it, and feels like they could probably all be done in a single day. There is a river full of achievement ideas and these kinda feel like they were fished out of a puddle right next to the river.

• 19Like
Reactions: