New Achievements are on the Steam Page

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

johnsd

Sergeant
66 Badges
Sep 7, 2017
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Imperator: Rome
New Achievements.PNG

What does everyone think?

• 14Like
Reactions:
No "Start as <certain character>" achievements? I am happy, but also somewhat sad.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Seems like you could do one, epic achievement run:

King of the Isles -> Canute the Greater -> Faster than the Fox -> Miklagardariki -> Far From Home

Might also be able to pick up Volva and Saga in Stone along the way, maybe even A Dangerous Business.
That's 8 out of 10 achievements in one run.

I guess you could technically get all 10 if you're willing to flip flow religions.

Reactions:
Also its possible Varangian Adventurer Wars is just referring to the Adventure mechanic we have already seen, will have to wait and see if it is something different or not.

Reactions:
I like that they have a different, distint art direction. Would allow to easily recognise the corresponding expansion in the future (even if it's a bit strange, as the base game achievements corresponded directly to the game overall style).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seems like you could do one, epic achievement run:

King of the Isles -> Canute the Greater -> Faster than the Fox -> Miklagardariki -> Far From Home

Might also be able to pick up Volva and Saga in Stone along the way, maybe even A Dangerous Business.
That's 8 out of 10 achievements in one run.

I guess you could technically get all 10 if you're willing to flip flow religions.
Start with a custom female ruler with the Witch trait and you can easily get Volva with the first character and get the rest as you progress. Depending how Varangian Adventurer Wars work could also get "A Dangerous Business" in there as well and if really ambitious once all the others are out of the way could conquer Russia and convert to Islam. And I am sure there are plenty of Vanilla achievements you could throw in there. So yeah you could do a really crazy achievement run and I would love to see someone do it.

Reactions:
King of all the Isles, ...whilst keeping your realm size below a certain threshold.

And what's threshold is that, seriously lol
Makes sense. They give you a list of provinces you have to own, but this isn't a WC achievement, so there's a top limit to the amount of provinces you can own.

If they want to make it difficult, they'll set the cap to the amount required to trigger the achievement.. IE: you can't own any mainland provinces, and you must own all island provinces.

Nothing hinting at secret unannounced features, I can't really be disappointed but it would have been a cool surprise

Makes sense. They give you a list of provinces you have to own, but this isn't a WC achievement, so there's a top limit to the amount of provinces you can own.

If they want to make it difficult, they'll set the cap to the amount required to trigger the achievement.. IE: you can't own any mainland provinces, and you must own all island provinces.
I don't think anyone disagree that it makes sense ; still it would be nice to know the threshold when going for that achievement.

Reactions:

I don't think anyone disagree that it makes sense ; still it would be nice to know the threshold when going for that achievement.
Yea, I don't disagree about the limit size of your realm, I just want to know the exact size of it lol

Reactions:
Now I really want to know how much of the new content is specific for Asatru and how much is specific for Norse culture. Some of these achievements would be pretty fun to do as Norse/Christian or Norse/Muslim, but I don't want to be locked out of half the content because I am not playing Norse/Asatru specifically.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Start with a custom female ruler with the Witch trait and you can easily get Volva with the first character and get the rest as you progress. Depending how Varangian Adventurer Wars work could also get "A Dangerous Business" in there as well and if really ambitious once all the others are out of the way could conquer Russia and convert to Islam. And I am sure there are plenty of Vanilla achievements you could throw in there. So yeah you could do a really crazy achievement run and I would love to see someone do it.

Read my mind. I'm personally going for that exact thing. Finished an entire game from the 800's startdate 'til the enddate last week, only took me four and half months of intermittent play, lol,

But I love that they have set up the achivments so if you use the adventuring mechanic to abbandon your old lands you can set up shop somewhere new. I'm planning to do north sea empire first though, and then head for Sicily and THEN take all the islands before hopping over to the indian ocean to finally end up as a russian muslim, leaving my old empires behind at each stage and starting over. I always did enjoy the start of any campaign the most, but I also like the feeling of having a huge legacy behind me that you get in the late game, so I'm going for an adventure-themed playthrough.

Read my mind. I'm personally going for that exact thing. Finished an entire game from the 800's startdate 'til the enddate last week, only took me four and half months of intermittent play, lol,

But I love that they have set up the achivments so if you use the adventuring mechanic to abbandon your old lands you can set up shop somewhere new. I'm planning to do north sea empire first though, and then head for Sicily and THEN take all the islands before hopping over to the indian ocean to finally end up as a russian muslim, leaving my old empires behind at each stage and starting over. I always did enjoy the start of any campaign the most, but I also like the feeling of having a huge legacy behind me that you get in the late game, so I'm going for an adventure-themed playthrough.

Oh, right I forgot that you can do achievements as a custom ruler in CK2. Unfortunately that still leaves one achievement: First of the Crusader Kings. Which requires you to be catholic at a specific point of time relatively early in the game. Definitely doable in theory, but pretty hard to execute in practice (especially without save summing)...

Oh, right I forgot that you can do achievements as a custom ruler in CK2. Unfortunately that still leaves one achievement: First of the Crusader Kings. Which requires you to be catholic at a specific point of time relatively early in the game. Definitely doable in theory, but pretty hard to execute in practice (especially without save summing)...

That is true, but I figure that one is easy enough that adding it is an unneccesary headache. Simply start as a swedish/norweigan/danish catholic character in the 1066 startdate, and join the first crusade, so I won't accomodate it in my first playthrough from pure completionism due to the complications it would involve. I'm swedish so I figure I'm likely to go for a swedish playthrough at some point in the games lifecycle anyway and I'll just check that one off the list then.

• 3Like
Reactions: