• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(20887)

Captain
Oct 18, 2003
Visit site
Playing the new experimental Mod. Decided to give it a go as France. The Austro-Hungarians wussed out and did nothing when Franz Ferdinand was assassinated. I decided to speed the game up and wait a while to see what would happen. Nothing, for almost one year. I was just about to bail and start again, when an event fired where the Bulgarians built some forts along their border with Rumania. Next thing I know, everyone and their Grandmother declares war on each other in a fall of dominoes like I've never seen before. It's being called "The Third Balkan War". Italy bailed on her alliance with Germany and A-H. In anticipation of this, I left the border undefended. Within hours of her bailing, A-H offered her land in exchange for another alliance. She accepted! Suddenly, I'm trying to race troops to Toulon and Grenoble. I got them there in time (thank God for cavalry), but lost a province in North Africa before I was able to recover. Since then, my convoys have been ravaged in the Med as I gather my fleet there to counteract it. I decided that the Med will be my lake (creatively routed all of my convoys through there), and I'll leave the Atlantic and the north Sea to Britain. All in all, very surprising and entertaining! I'll pick it up again once I get home from work...

Mini-mod fun!!!

I have had the same delayed start to the war aswell,its a little breathing space to shuffle the troops before the eventual whamo!!!This was part of the original mod aswell and is not a mini-mod only event. Although the mini-mod is named 'mini' it is not actually small at all and is actually a large body of work adding much more historical and ahistorical fun to the original. wonderful TGW mod.
(Ziff check your privite messages ,i send you one now)