• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Surely you didn't think taking on Vietnam would be easy! You should have annexed Korea first, and sent Korean divisions there. They get a +40 bonus against the Vietnamese. :cool:

Yes, losing a battle in Annam just are you are taking on the whole of Central Europe does not bode well.

hmmmmmmmmmm i hope i didnt spoke to early about you spoiling me with TWO aars :p

The situation doesn't look to good for you right now. Good luck fighting of the Germans and Vietnamese!

Still You Doubt...

I can't believe how many of you out there doubt me :mad: :D

Well for you doubters I can tell you that I suffered another defeat against the Vietnamese. If I can't beat theese guys, there's not much hope in Europe.

apr281840anotherlossvl1.png

But for those of you who bielive, I'll show you the plan for Europe.

apr281840germanwaraimspy8.png

The area in white are the provinces I am hoping to capture from the war. I intend to do this by sending a single unit to Detmold. Hopefully he will be suffiecent to capture the city. With Detmold in under control I can end the war whenever things get to be to much.

While that is taking place the 1r Cavalerie (9 divisions) will run accros the north annexing the smaller states, and reducing Hanover to a point that I can get the peace deal I want. My goal is to have a land path to go after Denmark in the next war.

This should be interesting. I was actually hoping you would turn west towards Prussia and you are :D . Good luck in the far east war shouldn't be too long now. Cant wait until you go after Prussia for real. :D

It's a good plan, but Annam continues to prove worrisome.

The First German Campaign pt 1

The war in Germany started simply enough as the 1r Cavalerie moved through Hanoverian territory and into Oldenburg. Meanwhile a lone infantry division set across the Prussian controlled Rhineland in an attempt to capture Detmold. They encountered a single under strength division before reaching Detmold, and a short battle ensued.

On April 20, 1840 Oldenburg was annexed

apr201840oldenburgannexft2.png

The 1r Cavalerie then moved to Bremen with similar results

may141840bremenannexedal1.png

Back in Vietnam, our new troops were finally ready, and the offensive was renewed in South Vietnam

may51840thecounterattacyp8.png

First on the agenda was to end the Vietnamese incursion into Cambodia.

may151840battleofcambodvz6.png

Next came the battle of Phouyn

may171840southvietnamqi4.png

Meanwhile we rejoined our infantry at Touran and sent all three units back to Hue to begin pressing north again.

With all this success in Vietnam it became obvious to Hanover that resistance was futile, and they offered peace.

may261840hanovercrumbliry9.png

There was definitely a strong urge to accept the Hanoverian peace proposal, but I wanted more from Hanover, and I felt like I could get it after we captured the capital. So the peace envoy was sent away and the 1r Cavalerie rode to Hanover, and found the city defended by 2000 rebels.

june61840battleofhanoveuc6.png

This actually worked to my advantage as they had already captured 60% of the city. After a short battle it only took a few days more to capture the city.

Good start. Now, if only you can grab your intended province before Prussia shows up.

He's making good time before the Prussians arrive I believe. Indochina seems in the bag

well so far so good maybe i doubted a bit to early :D

I'm still a bit of a pessimist but I can feel you could succeed with your plan before Prussia shows up. Of course you still have to be very fast and annex Hamburg as well. Could you take Prussia out of the war without getting peace with the others? Then you maybe should try to make a white peace with them as they probably are the only notable enemy (except Annam of course :p)

The First German Campaign part 2

After capturing the city of Hanover, the 1r Cavalerie headed north towards Hamburg. In short order, Hamburg was brought into the empire.

july141840hamburgannexeqr9.png

The 1r Cavalerie then turned back to finish of Hanover that was trying to liberate some of it’s lost provinces. The first battle came west of Hamburg in the town of Nienburg.

april61840battleofnineburgik1.png

Needless to say it was a Belgian victory. The crushing defeat for Hannover was enough to convince them they needed out of this war.

apr91840hanovertrysagaipg7.png

The peace offering was not everything I wanted, but it gave me the land access to Denmark I wanted, and it did reduce Hanover to three provinces, so for now I was satisfied and accepted Hanover’s surrender.

And still no real move by Prussia

Prussia is very cumbersome yes. All the better for you so whats next on the horizon

The First German Campaign part III

With Hanover now out of the war, a decision now needed to be made with regards to the 1r Cavalerie. They could head to Detmold to help capture the city and bring an end to the war, they could head to Berlin and see if it were possible to knock Prussia out of the war, or go after some more German minors.

The decision was made to go after Mecklenburg on the Baltic Coast.

Not long after this decision was made did we start to see an increased Prussian presence in the war. There had been a lone division in the south that had captured a couple of provinces, and had now started a battle at Aachen.

aug151840battleofauchenrt4.png

At the same time the 1r Cavalerie ran into a couple of Prussian divisions on their way to Mecklenburg.

aug151840battleoflunebuyt4.png

Of course the Belgians won the battle of Lüneburg, but the presence of Prussian troops makes me think that the Prussian mobilization is complete, and there are more troops on the way. Time is now of the essence. Looking over the situation it seemed like a good time to order 9 more cavalry divisions.

Meanwhile, lest we forget about Vietnam, the Belgian infantry defeated the Vietnamese at Hue, and were pressing on towards Ke Hoa.

aug171840vietnambo2.png

But enough about that…
Back in Europe the Belgian cavalry arrived at Mecklenburg on August 28, 1840 and found the capital lightly defended.

aug281840ds2.png

While the occupation was taking place we finally received the news we were waiting for…

sept51840detmoldcapturewb4.png

With this out of the way we can now end the war whenever we want. That will be following the annexation of Mecklenburg, which finally happened on September 21, 1840.

sept211840mecklenburganll5.png

Of course I hesitated to decide where to go from here. After all I was only two province removed from Berlin. Perhaps if I moved fast enough…

sept211840gettingcrowdeob6.png

On second thought…

sept211840peacexx6.png

And so the First German Campaign came to an end with a resounding Belgian Victory.

sept211840thenewbelgiumds7.png