• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Check your PMs - I looked at your Mods folder and I noticed a few mistakes in the folder structure and the mod.json. I sent you what I hope is a fixed version (it appears to have worked for me). Let me know!

There were also a number of errors in the mod files themselves (misplaced commas/brackets), I repaired those - but a bunch of the ShopFiles are missing 'weight' values, so you will have to determine what you want those to be. I fixed their structure, but not the content ;)

Last edited:
hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with something too? I normally don't have issues with modding, but json is a new language to me. Though i'm familiar with a few other lang's, I'm stumped on something using Json. I've also tried google but can't seem to find anything, nor does some of the modtek tutorials help.

I get a continuous loop - blank screen - and after checking Modtek.txt to see how it loads, I receive the following error:

Bad JSON escape sequence: \ . Path 'Description.Model', line 10, position 28.
The Json code is:
Code:
{
"Name": "zKI",
"Enabled": true,

"Version": "0.1.0",
"PackagedOn": "",
"Description": "new stuff - testing new mod",
"Author": "aoikani",
"Website": "https://www.nexusmods.com",
"Contact": "message me at Nexus",

"Manifest": [
{ "Type": "ShopDef", "Path": "shops\\", "AddToDB": true },
{ "Type": "SimGameConstantsDef", "Path": "simGameConstants\\", "AddToDB": true },
{ "Type": "UpgradeDef", "Path": "upgrades\\", "AddToDB": true },
{ "Type": "WeaponDef", "Path": "weapon\\", "AddToDB": true }
]
}

Also, is this coding something that requires deserializing? I don't understand what mpstark meant with that.

@aoikani - so, ModTek loads all your other mods fine, but not the one in the zKI folder?

The Syntax on that file looks fine - but I can't tell if it is correct without the bigger picture of what the folder looks like.

Can you zip the entire Mods folder up and post it for us to look at?

Thanks!

@aoikani - so, ModTek loads all your other mods fine, but not the one in the zKI folder?

The Syntax on that file looks fine - but I can't tell if it is correct without the bigger picture of what the folder looks like.

Can you zip the entire Mods folder up and post it for us to look at?

Thanks!
Thanks I'll try to get it soon, however I've noticed that there is an update and I'll have to check my mod updates and BTML and Modtek before doing so. The folder structure is good but I certainly am not perfect because I found two of the files named wrong. I'm also going to re-verify my files too.

Good luck!

If you wish - send me a PM with a link to a zipped Mods folder and I will look at it when I have a chance. A little busy today with the abbreviated holiday week!

@aoikani
I don't have the slashes at the end of the paths in my mod.json and it seems to work, otherwise it pretty much looks like yours.
Are the folders they referencing in the top level of your Mods folder i.e. mods/Your_Mod/shops for the shops? This is how mine is structured.
Also are you intending to overwrite completely the values in the vanilla files and/or add totally new files for your mod? From my understanding this is what those entries will achieve and it certainly seems to work like that for me, merged file changes are done a different way if thats what you are after.

Just as comparison - my mod files do have the slashes and also seem to work. *shrug*

Example:
{ "Type": "MechDef", "Path": "mech\\", "ShouldMergeJSON": true, "AddToDB": true }