Need some edits to the mechanics of Diseases.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I feel like they are too outright deadly, yet they don’t permanently debilitate enough people. I feel like they should have greater long term health impacts but kill a bit less often.

Speaking of which, are people immune from these diseases after they recover? Or can you just get Measles over and over forever on CK3?
No immune.

Reactions:
No immune.
You can indeed get immunity to smallpox and the bubonic plague in the game after having them once.

from common/scripted_triggers/20_health_triggers.txt. There is corresponding in common/scripted_effects/20_health_effects.txt that sets the flags when you contract the disease the first time.

JSON:
    #Secondary requirements (mutually exclusive diseases or immunity)
    OR = {
        NOR = { #No secondary requirement
            scope:disease_type_for_trigger = flag:ill
            scope:disease_type_for_trigger = flag:smallpox
            scope:disease_type_for_trigger = flag:bubonic_plague
        }
        AND = {
            NOT = { has_trait = pneumonic }
        }
        AND = {
            NOT = { has_character_flag = disease_immunity_smallpox }
        }
        AND = {
            NOT = { has_character_flag = disease_immunity_bubonic_plague }
        }
    }

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can indeed get immunity to smallpox and the bubonic plague in the game after having them once.

from common/scripted_triggers/20_health_triggers.txt. There is corresponding in common/scripted_effects/20_health_effects.txt that sets the flags when you contract the disease the first time.

JSON:
    OR = {
        }
        AND = {
        }
        AND = {
        }
        AND = {
        }
    }
Since cow pox irl can grant disease resistant to smallpox, it should do the same in game.

Since cow pox irl can grant disease resistant to smallpox, it should do the same in game.
Categorical disease resistance would be neat - the pastures building line should arguably provide disease resistance, but only for smallpox (as well as possibly any tier of other farming buildings that deals with raising cattle), representing larger scale low-level cowpox exposure among the population.

Cowpox however is not a distinct plague in CK3 and characters cannot contract it, though I believe a smallpox epidemic can be named cowpox (I know I've had "swine pox" happen).

Reactions:

JSON:
    OR = {
        }
        AND = {
        }
        AND = {
        }
        AND = {
        }
    }
Interesting.

Categorical disease resistance would be neat - the pastures building line should arguably provide disease resistance, but only for smallpox (as well as possibly any tier of other farming buildings that deals with raising cattle), representing larger scale low-level cowpox exposure among the population.

Cowpox however is not a distinct plague in CK3 and characters cannot contract it, though I believe a smallpox epidemic can be named cowpox (I know I've had "swine pox" happen).
Interesting. I had just seen a cowpox plague spring up. I wasn’t aware that the game just gave a smallpox epidemic the same name as the real life cowpox disease. Interestingly enough, cowpox was used to create the prototype of the first vaccines.