Need some edits to the mechanics of Diseases.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

simonov-89

Corporal
75 Badges
Sep 11, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Hey, everybody. I think a lot of people have already played the new DLC. What do you think? Personally, I get terribly bored with the events when the Diseases come. If the realm is small, it's fine. But if it's a huge Roman Empire? You are forced to constantly click on the same events. Touching the sick and getting sick all you can, or losing piety and getting a Stress level - I don't like it. My opinion - should at least remove these events if they happen in vassal lands and not personally in your domain.

• 21Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Yeah, so far I have found the plagues to have no meaningful effect on the game, but to include just insane event spam. The fact that 95% of events and 95% of notifications are now for plagues, even though these are not really impacting my life other than to slightly lower province development, is purely bad.

With the system as is, plagues are an utter waste of time and add nothing of either interest or challenge to the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, so far I have found the plagues to have no meaningful effect on the game, but to include just insane event spam. The fact that 95% of events and 95% of notifications are now for plagues, even though these are not really impacting my life other than to slightly lower province development, is purely bad.

With the system as is, plagues are an utter waste of time and add nothing of either interest or challenge to the game.
As someone who's family has been wiped a couple times I do not agree with the no challenge part. That said I should never get a notification if it doesn't fully engulf a county since I get to many events for a sing barony at the end of my lands having a plague that affects no one

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am disappointed with the recovery rate post-disease. I had Black Death spawning in India and it obliterated almost all development worldwide, with south India falling from 30ish to single digit in few months... only to get higher than pre-plague in few years. The only serious effect is you get some courtiers missing and that's that, rest is cosmetic.

Amusingly enough, the worst possible outcome of a plague is enacting quarantine (basically no tax income), because 1. it doesn't get removed when the plague end 2. there's no decision to remove it 3. it lasts (iirc) 10 years.

I feel the things are reasonable with small plagues, but tier 2 and 3 are imbalanced and actually desirable, simply because of the +dev effect afterwards.

• 3Like
Reactions:

The event spam is less in the recent patch and im seeing alot more people die off sooner from plagues, only thing I dislike is the silly jumping animation characters get stuck in if they have holy fire rather than being occasional like topless characters

The event spam is less in the recent patch and im seeing alot more people die off sooner from plagues, only thing I dislike is the silly jumping animation characters get stuck in if they have holy fire rather than being occasional like topless characters

Attachments

• изображение_2024-03-19_214107836.png
    изображение_2024-03-19_214107836.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Getting information about plagues in your realm are fine, even large realms. But, the events should only fire in lands you directly own or are close to your capital. Overall, I like the patch though and it has made me change my gamestyle up a bit.

• 7Like
Reactions:
The biggest thing I hate about diseases is that if there's an apocalyptic plague anywhere in your realm no one will join your activities (e.g. hunting) and there's no warning at all that this will happen.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Played the game to 1453. The plague is easy to survive. Because of the Alms event, it is not wise to take the Content and Compassionate traits. You'll either get all the diseases or you'll get stressed out. Definitely, these new invents need to be fixed.

I feel like they are too outright deadly, yet they don’t permanently debilitate enough people. I feel like they should have greater long term health impacts but kill a bit less often.

Speaking of which, are people immune from these diseases after they recover? Or can you just get Measles over and over forever on CK3?

• 1Like
Reactions: