• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NovemberNova

Recruit
Apr 25, 2022
Hi there!

So, just to note, this game was an incredibly huge part of my childhood and I wanted to revisit it with my modern setup.

The issue is that I can't run it in windowed or force it into a 1920x1080. I need to do this as it doesn't really like to work with multi-monitor setups that well.

I tried almost every trick in the book:

- Using every command through the properties tab on steam (i.e. -w, -windowed, -sw, -h 1920 -w 1080, etc.)

Sidenote: Forcing the game through steam to be in windowed technically worked for 5 seconds prior to the game actually loading in. From there, I tried using my usual tactic of spamming a program called Shift Window and forcing it to run resolution I wanted - didn't actually work even though I did get it to be in borderless windowed (resolution/aspect ratio within the 1920x1080 window was wonk). Because of this, it isn't a viable method.

- Going into the properties for both the disk version and digital versions launch desktop shortcup in order to try and change launch settings (haven't been able to find anything on the disk though...)

- Was able to force the game to run in 680x480 through the Compatability tab on properties of the shortcut, but that is obviously not a good method - so it won't work :\

- Alt-Enter and Ctr-F did not work either

- Checked back into the game's settings and there was nothing on there that would have helped

- Tried finding editable .ini files but couldn't find any

So, in the end, I am kind of lost as to what to do. I tried everything that I knew and researched about, but the solution (if there is one) still evades me. I know that this sounds petty, "just run your computer in a single-window" has always been on the back of my head. This method may work for the odd few times I would play the game (turning off Nvidia Surround and disabling the other monitor), but this is a terrible solution for a long-term playthrough of the game - I want to play for at least a few weeks of this game after all.

I'm not gonna lie, my chances are next to none for finding the solution, but god darnit I still want to try! This game was a major part of my childhood, and I'll play it as I want one way or another. If anyone can help, I would forever be in your debt :>