• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ElCaudillo

Recruit
17 Badges
Aug 4, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
hi everyone! i hope you all alright.

i was playing the game, when i format my pc, it wont launch again. I uptaded gpu etc., install directx, netframe etc. but it wontlaunch.
cities.jpg

Upvote 0
What happens when you click ONYA (which I think means Play)? What version of Windows are you running? If it's Windows 10, make sure it's build 2004. Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type in winver and hit Enter. Maybe you're running an old version of Windows?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What happens when you click ONYA (which I think means Play)? What version of Windows are you running? If it's Windows 10, make sure it's build 2004. Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type in winver and hit Enter. Maybe you're running an old version of Windows?

hi, oyna means play in turksih, thats right. i have win10 (and its 1903 ). when i press the play, nothing happened. just red triangled appear and its says game wont laucnh. how can i build 2004 btw

Last edited:
Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

there is not output.log file in that folder.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    96,2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
there is not output.log file in that folder.
The filename is output_log.txt and it will certainly be there! Depending on your Windows Explorer settings it may display as just output_log though.

The filename is output_log.txt and it will certainly be there! Depending on your Windows Explorer settings it may display as just output_log though.

i wish there is.. i also checked all files in Cities_Data

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    216,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    213,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    254,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    304,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    302,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    302,8 KB · Views: 0
hi, oyna means play in turksih, thats right. i have win10 (and its 1903 ). when i press the play, nothing happened. just red triangled appear and its says game wont laucnh. how can i build 2004 btw

Run Windows Updates by clicking on your Start button (Windows icon), clicking Settings (the gear symbol), then choosing Update & Security, then click the Check for Updates button.

Exit the Steam app completely then run cities.exe by itself. It won't run that way but do you see any error or problem? Does it make a log file then?