• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vulture

Aerandir Eärfalas
42 Badges
Mar 20, 2001
www.europa-universalis.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Ok folks... I need some help. I've figured out that some sprites are displayed in 1.05 under the wrong Level... Meaning L3 sprites are used for a basic fighter.

This seems to be the case for Germany for example. Do you people care to tell me which countries also have such errors and which units?

We had this discussion in the CORE 0.5 thread:

Re: country.csv

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hendriks
Have a had a look at this file and i.e. Holland and Belgium have the sprites of the USA!!!

This resulted in me yesterday seeing USA motorized units in Brussels! (with the white US star)

(can I change this to min again without problems)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by barrabas:

Yes you can. I have done it myself and it works fine. Just replace USA with MIN.

There's a lot of countries that need to be edited though. POL, CHI, ARG etc, etc...

This is in 1.05 by the way, so it's not a CORE problem.

Re: Re: country.csv

quote:
Originally posted by Generalisimo
yes, that was a Paradox decision....
if all the people complain, we could change it again to the previous entries.
You can easilly change that by yourself.

in country.csv file:
BEL;DarkBrown;BEL;USA;X

change the USA for MIN and that's all.

Originally posted by Nachinus:

Yes, i dont like it. It happens for lots of nations, all Eastern, Pland and SPR uses SOV sprites, its specially weird if you use usermade sprites like my SOV infantry or like NewU365's planes, specially the Il2, that will appear in all those countries. Definitely is very weird to see Polish army dressing like Soviet army and armed with PpSh 41, and very weird to see Eastern countries or SPR use IL-2 sturmoviks, the pearl of SOV airforce.

Also, i think that CHN also uses USA sprites... ehm, you'll see them flying in B25s .

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Nicus
Yes, that will be better.
Belgium with "white star" trucks, polish soldiers with fur hats... I almost returned to counters...

BTW nachinus - great SOV infantry sprite!

Baltics - Germany
Afghanistan (Hard to say as they used French tanks and British uniforms)
Yugoslavia - France
Greece - Britain

Well, IMO it's damn anoying to have most countries in major power sprites. It totally ruins the point of usermade sprites - to add to the diversity of the game. The MIN-sprites are pretty good, and should definetly be used for most minor powers.

As previously pointed out, it's absurd to have US tanks, planes (and ships!!) in countries like China, Colombia etc. And equally absurd to have Soviets sprites for the pre-war Poland that is simulated in this game. I know that minors in many cases used equipment from the majors (lend lease etc.), but in those cases the exact sprites for the models could be renamed and given to those countries.

I have altered all this for my own game, and could post it if anyone likes to.

But I believe we have hijacked Vultures thread.. :)

To get back on topic, I'm not sure about the level problem anymore... I know I reported this before, but it seems to work now. Don't know why...

I get to see the level 1 sprites for Sov, Ger, Eng, etc. PW fighters and level 2 sprites for all nations basic figters.

I'm not sure about Imp or adv fighters, but I think the Imp are shown as level 2. Haven't seen any level 3 yet, at least not since they showed up as basic fighters. That was for SOV, but as I said, it seems to work now!??

This is with 1.05 with and whitout CORE 0.5
Most of the sprites I use are usermade, and when I think about it, the problem might have dissapeard after I installed Exels sprite pack...well, I'm not sure, I been installing and renaming so many sprites lately that I'm just guessing... :D. But they work for me now! :)

Im trying to figure out how to do recolours and the like so I can do Hungarian, Dutch, and Romanian sprites.

Originally posted by barrabas
Well, IMO it's damn anoying to have most countries in major power sprites. It totally ruins the point of usermade sprites - to add to the diversity of the game. The MIN-sprites are pretty good, and should definetly be used for most minor powers.

As previously pointed out, it's absurd to have US tanks, planes (and ships!!) in countries like China, Colombia etc. And equally absurd to have Soviets sprites for the pre-war Poland that is simulated in this game. I know that minors in many cases used equipment from the majors (lend lease etc.), but in those cases the exact sprites for the models could be renamed and given to those countries.

I have altered all this for my own game, and could post it if anyone likes to.

But I believe we have hijacked Vultures thread.. :)

To get back on topic, I'm not sure about the level problem anymore... I know I reported this before, but it seems to work now. Don't know why...

I get to see the level 1 sprites for Sov, Ger, Eng, etc. PW fighters and level 2 sprites for all nations basic figters.

I'm not sure about Imp or adv fighters, but I think the Imp are shown as level 2. Haven't seen any level 3 yet, at least not since they showed up as basic fighters. That was for SOV, but as I said, it seems to work now!??

This is with 1.05 with and whitout CORE 0.5
Most of the sprites I use are usermade, and when I think about it, the problem might have dissapeard after I installed Exels sprite pack...well, I'm not sure, I been installing and renaming so many sprites lately that I'm just guessing... :D. But they work for me now! :)

Care to tell me your changes mates?