Naval XP is too hard to acquire..

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For sub, it is the only way to make them stay in convoy battle. In standard, they will run as soon as a DD appear. A DD can win over several subs but not 50. This is a little cheat against AI and game design though, because AI don't get well vs always engage subs.
I understood none of that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I understood none of that.
In Cavalry's experience, subs are actually powerfull enough to fight DDs - if they have a large numerical advantage - but since the 50 subs runs as soon as 2 DDs show up, they will never win the fight.

As to it's correctness, I shall not speak; I merely repeat what he said.

In Cavalry's experience, subs are actually powerfull enough to fight DDs - if they have a large numerical advantage - but since the 50 subs runs as soon as 2 DDs show up, they will never win the fight.

As to it's correctness, I shall not speak; I merely repeat what he said.
To fight what now?

Reactions:
I've never heard of this before- how does it work?

Is it a decision that shows up when nations like Poland join the Allies, then get capitulated, and become a government-in-exile?
Its the section at the very bottom of the decisions tab. There are two sections down there - one for Exile Governments which mostly has to do with legitimizing them and the other is Exile Forces which is where you find the decisions that generate XP for CmndPower. You get Army, Navy and Air XP for mashing those buttons.

Reactions:
It does seem like daily XP gain limit is a mechanic not thoroughly thought out. It seems like a kludge for not properly scaling XP gain. It may work for land and air, where engagements can be long and drawn out, but naval combat is 95% waiting and 5% total annihilation, which pairs very badly with XP cap mechanic.

More generally, I think XP gains for everything needs to be rethought from the ground up. For pretty much every one of the six combinations of branch and training/combat, you either get too much XP or too little. For land combat, XP is too hard to get in general, especially if you don't engage in meat grinding tactics. For air, XP is too easy to get from combat and too hard to get from training. For naval, XP is too easy to get from training and too hard to get from combat.

Reactions:
It does seem like daily XP gain limit is a mechanic not thoroughly thought out. It seems like a kludge for not properly scaling XP gain. It may work for land and air, where engagements can be long and drawn out, but naval combat is 95% waiting and 5% total annihilation, which pairs very badly with XP cap mechanic.

More generally, I think XP gains for everything needs to be rethought from the ground up. For pretty much every one of the six combinations of branch and training/combat, you either get too much XP or too little. For land combat, XP is too hard to get in general, especially if you don't engage in meat grinding tactics. For air, XP is too easy to get from combat and too hard to get from training. For naval, XP is too easy to get from training and too hard to get from combat.
I feel like army XP is ballanced fairly well in the current iteration, with plenty of good uses. Air and naval could use a rebalance though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Drachinifel just released an interesting video on the US Navy's "Fleet Problem" exercises (I-VII) in the 1920s.

If you don't have ~40 minutes to watch it: training can generate a huge amount of information about fleet tactics, ship interoperation, spotting, signals intel, air-surface-submarine combined operations, at-sea refueling, and all sorts of other things that would equate to naval experience in-game.

Of course, it helps to have a fleet and fuel budget the size of USA's. :cool:

• 3Like
Reactions: