• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hi guys!

On public demand I have managed to get you the backend Source Code for NWAC to do with what you please. Sadly the frontend stuff is protected by stuff that we can not control.
I know it is maybe not everything you hoped for. But I hope that it may help some of you to do what you desire with the game.

I'm no wizz myself with these things. And Turbo Tape can not really provide you with anything either. It simply is what it is. If you have further requests, let me know and I will see what I can do to help. Feel free to discuss your hearts desire and find a way together to do the best possible thing with the code we can provide.

Without further ado, here is a link for the source code:
>> Download Here (link updated Nov 11 -2016) <<

By using this code you agree to the following:

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA)
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
BY DOWNLOADING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOURCE CODE OF THE GAME “NAVAL WAR: ARCTIC CIRCLE”, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

1. This Source Code (the “Code”) is licensed, not sold, to You by Paradox Interactive (“Paradox”) for use only under the terms and conditions of this EULA. You, as Licensee, through your downloading, copying or use of the Code do not acquire any ownership rights into the Code or into the Game “Naval War: Arctic Circle” (the “Game”);
2. Under no circumstances shall your use, display, modification or reproduction of the Code give You any intellectual property or proprietary rights into the Game. Paradox and Turbo Tape shall retain all right, title, and interest into the Code and the Game, and in any modifications, improvements, upgrades or update made thereto.
3. The Code is provided to You for personal and non-commercial use only. You shall not exploit the Code or the Game or any of their part or any asset (including graphics and music assets) for any commercial purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, to ship, sublicense, distribute or sell any commercial products, such as, by way of example only, the Game, any sequel, DLC, expansion, Add-on, mod or merchandising based on it;
4. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Code is at your sole risk and that the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, and accuracy is with You. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Code is provided “as is”, with all faults and without warranty of any kind, and Paradox shall not provide You with any support services related to the use of the Code.
Link to PDF: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66155759/NWAC/EULA_NWAC_20131003.pdf

Enjoy guys! I hope you can do something with it!

Last edited:
I have a question regarding the licensing. It is perfectly understandably to me that I do not gain any rights to the game or the code, but I'm highly suspect to "Paradox and Turbo Tape shall retain all right, title, and interest into the Code and the Game, and in any modifications, improvements, upgrades or update made thereto"

Does this mean that if I either

1) Modify the code, Paradox or Turbo Tape can take these modifications without my express permission, box it and then sell it as an expansion to NWAC?

2) Will this apply even to new functions, codes and graphics created by myself which uses the old code, but does not modify it?

I have a question regarding the licensing. It is perfectly understandably to me that I do not gain any rights to the game or the code, but I'm highly suspect to "Paradox and Turbo Tape shall retain all right, title, and interest into the Code and the Game, and in any modifications, improvements, upgrades or update made thereto"

Does this mean that if I either

1) Modify the code, Paradox or Turbo Tape can take these modifications without my express permission, box it and then sell it as an expansion to NWAC?

2) Will this apply even to new functions, codes and graphics created by myself which uses the old code, but does not modify it?

It means that we own the rights to pretty much anything made using this code. It may seem harsh, but it is necessary. If you feel uncomfortable with it I invite you to come visit and ask questions to our other modding communities that has been operating under these premises for many years (Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, Victoria...) :)

I THINK - and this is only an opinion because i'm not a lawyer - that if you write a "patch file" that contains no part of the source code but only a list of modification that can be applied to the source code, you can retain copyright on the patch and therefore TT or Paradox cannot use it without your permission

Actually the second sentence of paragraph two of this license is, I think, not legal in every country. Licenses are usually written in reference to the US law, although maybe here it's Swedish or Norwegian, in which case it would be valid in this country. But if for instance you're in France (which is very restrictive about author rights) your authorship on the modifications you made while being in France should be protected by French law, independently of contracts signed in other countries. In particular, as soon as you can build a patch there is no way it can be assimilated to a "collective work" (the ability to build a patch is sufficient, you don't even have to actually distribute it as a patch).
What I don't know is whether such a contract can apply partially in a country where it is invalid or whether it is considered entirely invalid.
But we can expect the jurisprudence to be quite favourable to the editors/publishers.