naval supply red crosses , and air transport drop not doing much

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

liuseanc

Recruit
Apr 26, 2023
hi experts here please help explain:

playing as china against Japan, near 0 naval ships (0 supremacy), but around 1000 convoys , 600 transport planes , 1000 fighters

from airbase in occupied Korea, dropped some paratroopers and got a port (Kagoshima , initially no port, I built up from 0 to level 7 port, supply transfer route from Shanghai also lv7 port, linked to capital Nanking via lv 4 rail ) but the route is in red crosses, I suspect this means no supply can get thru? Japan has 10,000+ naval supremacy on most sea tiles

I transferred some divisions from china to Kagoshima but absolutely no supply (only Kagoshima local supply , 1 or 2 )

is this by design?

also from airbase in South Korea I have 600 planes doing airdrop supply and 1000 fighters (I have air supremacy over Japanese home island, built lots of fighters and slowly killed off most Japanese fighters ) , and it does say the lack of supply in this area is like 60 (I shipped like 60 divisions to Japan... lot of men) but even 600 transports does not seem to help , it just lowers the lack of supply from 60 to like 58

so now, how does china capitulate Japan ? it takes too long for china to build up enough ships to gain meaningful naval supremacy (to transfer supply to occupied ports in Japan )
airdrop supply seems broken even with hundreds of transports and air supremacy . without supply to Japanese ports you cannot push (all my divisions organization are pathetic low because supply is at 10%)

Yes it sounds like you are not contesting their fleet in the naval zone which means they probbaly have convoy raiding setup so the supply getting though is very limited. The only way to make the AI leave the zone without destorying most of the fleet is either constant naval bombing or filling up the zone with naval mines.