National Ideagroups - 24th of October

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Didn't know bout that, thanks for reference :)

When are new Serbian ideas comming, I cant wait to see those :)

Serbian ideas are not new, just boosted. A number of nations with weak idea sets were brought more in line with everyone else.

I don't think Prussia stopped being "Prussian" when it became the German Empire. They likely identified themselves as Germans onwards but they were still very Prussian in nature. Furthermore, when you get a large number of nations that're able to form a particular union (for example Germany), how do you decide whose idea set to use as that particular union's ideas? What about the HRE? That's a Germanic union that can be formed by any Catholic nation in the game.

I would even argue that the empire of 1871 was more Prussia taking over the rest of Germany than it was a cultural union of the different german groups (one might argue that most of the distinction between Bavarian/Swabian/Saxon/... died with German Nationalism, anyway). For Germany I would find it absolutely logical that the formation decision fires an event that gives the option to keep your current idea set (like 1871, arguably) or adopt a new germanic one that reflects the variety of a nation that stretches from the Baltic to the Alps (and maybe shows that Germany in EU4 was more than a battlefield for the great powers around it).

Being a Nepalese American I was sorely disappointed in the huge nerf to their otherwise awesome NI's a couple patches back.

I would be one happy camper if they were on the list of buffed nations!

And thanks for all the hard work Wiz and the rest of the Paradox team!

Chimu's early ideas aren't awful for an Inca-forming run (assuming Chimu can form it and there isn't an absurd ADM 10 req). Tax for mercs and minus unrest to keep rebels from wrecking you after your first conquests.

But hopefully Cusco gets its own! (or maybe Cusco just gets the godly Incan ideas, Inti willing)