National Ideagroups - 23rd of October D - Inca

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seems that this ideas are only for Inca tag, if not +1 colonist to the various tags in the andes will be to much imho.
So the city state that reach to form Inca empire, can be seriously the ruler of all south america, there are an idea group, or single ideas for the states in the andes, like Cusco or Chimu?

Seems that this ideas are only for Inca tag, if not +1 colonist to the various tags in the andes will be to much imho.
So the city state that reach to form Inca empire, can be seriously the ruler of all south america, there are an idea group, or single ideas for the states in the andes, like Cusco or Chimu?

So far we know only formable Inca and Mapuche tribe have NIs but hey, ~24 new NI sets are incoming - I am pretty sure few of them will be devoted to South America ;)

It's amusing that people are worrying about some colonist being OP when we're talking about the lowest tier tech group in the game. AI will never make much of that.

Inca ideas are solid overall, good mix of money and expansion for its region, IMO significantly better than Aztec's.

Also, taking anything other than exploration 1st as human Inca is absurd. You will delay westernization by decades and miss out on having 3 colonists with boosted growth rate; no other idea group could possibly cover that opportunity cost.

It's amusing that people are worrying about some colonist being OP when we're talking about the lowest tier tech group in the game. AI will never make much of that.

Inca ideas are solid overall, good mix of money and expansion for its region, IMO significantly better than Aztec's.

Also, taking anything other than exploration 1st as human Inca is absurd. You will delay westernization by decades and miss out on having 3 colonists with boosted growth rate; no other idea group could possibly cover that opportunity cost.
They said something about a new, better tech group for the Inca group. South American tech will be just the wandering tribes of the Amazon and La Plata.

However there is one important point for me: North American tribes have Totemism, we will see unique religion for mesoamerican and south american nations?

Not in 1.8.

If provinces are not distant overseas, they will not become CNs.

It is possible to own a chunk of the Caribbean islands directly, and all of the rest of NA, but you must conquer through Panama --> Mexico directly and core up to any colonial region before having 5 cored provinces in it. To own the Caribbean this way, you must move your capitol as close as possible there, which is a good idea anyway since it's incredibly rich.

Well, as a player who often play these guys I guess I could give my opinion here.
All in all, I like the ideas, but some things could be better to make them stronger, but I guess its not about making them excessively strong, just giving them more flavour.

* -10 idea cost: Probably the best idea for its spot, it will help greatly to knock out that all important Exploration idea-group early on and afterwards saving points on ideas, thus making it somewhat easier to catch up with the europeans.
* 20% extra forcelimits: Very good in later game, but not that usefull at this spot since you probably conquered most of your rivals by now and more men doesn't really help that much against the Europeans, its more usefull at a later stage, at which point you can actually become quite a beast with this.

* +1 Prestige: Kinda meh, but you know, it adds flavour.
* +1 Colonist: Very good, but a bit late... would be far more usefull if it swapped with the Prestige buff.
* +10% tax mod: Probably better if swapped with the forcelimit mod, but not complaining ;)
* -20% build cost: very usefull in the "catching up" phase where you need to rush up your infrastructure after westernising to be able to withstand the europeans.
* +10% production: This allso equals better colonist chance, but by now colonising might not be that important anymore, but it's okay.
* -10% land attrition: Personally I hardly (if ever) attack stuff, so this is a bit underwhelming, but it canbe quite usefull I guess.
* +1 leader: Kind of okay

No diplomatic abilities? Most Inca conquests involved no battles, just a show of force and a few bribes. Meh, these seem a bit cliche but they'll do.
I think that would be far more appropriate for it's precursor Cuzco/Andean ideas than for Incan ideas (you now, they could be planned as well)