National Ideagroups - 22nd of October B - Albania

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Albania

Traditions
+20% Defensiveness
+10% Manpower Recovery Speed

1. All Lands Under Skanderbeg: +20% Land Forcelimit Modifier
  2. Land of Ambushers: +1 Leader Land Manuever
  3. Kingdom of Albania: +1 Prestige
  4. Hit and Run: -10% Cavalry Cost
  5. Land of the Eagles: -10% Stability Cost Modifier
  6. Albanian Tolerance: +1 Heretic Tolerance, +1 Heathen Tolerance
  7. Break the Princes: +15% Global Manpower Modifier

Ambition
-1% Army Tradition Decay

Well I never thought the whole idea set would be made up of a single man, or a single time period, just that. Anyway, it may be fun to play them at least.

If there is any single ruler in 1444 that deserves an idea set of their own, it's probably Skanderbeg.

It's been too long since I played Albania, need to figure out a new place to run away to...

If there is any single ruler in 1444 that deserves an idea set of their own, it's probably Skanderbeg.

It's been too long since I played Albania, need to figure out a new place to run away to...

In my last game, AI Albania beat the Ottomans and forced them to revoke their core on Albania. I'd say you've already won.

Immediately declare war and siege a neighboring province so that the Ottomans can't full annex you, then take that time to declare war on some minor so you have a place to escape to (like Urbino or Riga).

My last Albania game I annexed East Frisia (got there through diprep advisor and mil access) and eventually relocated to Switzerland, westernized and became Alpbania.

On that note, will East Frisia actually join the Empire at some point in 1.8 games? It's always so unsightly to have that little blank spot in Imperial map mode staying there the whole game.

Yeah the East Frisia AI should want to join and the Emperor should add it if he gets it.

How did you get military access in Serbia? Serbia never gave me military access, even with Diprep advisor when I played as Albania. The last time I survived as Albania I did the following: DoW Serbia, Occupy Montenegro, DoW Ragusa, White Peace with Serbia, Occupy Ragusa, wait until Ottomans offer White Peace and then Annex Ragusa. It's was pretty easy after that.

I used my knowledge of AI exploits to confuse the Ottomans and slip out via Wallachia. Then I fixed those exploits.

This was a few patches ago.