National Ideagroups - 22nd of October A - Finland

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Hakkapeliitta: +15% Cavalry Power

As much as the hakkapeliitta have been romanticized, I would replace this with a +15 infantry power bonus instead and call the idea "hardy woodsmen" or something like that. Much of Finland was covered in forest and forestry was a huge part of the economy and the way of life. Hauling heavy trees in a snow crusted forest helps to contribute to a good reserve of fighting men.

Also, possibly I would also replace the vague "settle middle Finland" with "Finnish log construction", which was actually quite innovative and helped to conquer north America. It could be used to explain the 15 % reduction in building costs.

Hmm i really like the fact you guys gave Finland some regonitizion and i quite happy with the ideas :)

Only thing that bugs is that there are no references to Kalevala:angry:

So a small idea: Rename the "Expand Viborg" to "And one iron one" and the "Settle middle Finland" to "Six golden eggs" and of course change the order of unlocking.

But that is a small nitpick i don't think everyone would even like so eh, Good job

Will Sweden still have the 'Hakkapellita' idea of their own, or will it be changed?

So a small idea: Rename the "Expand Viborg" to "And one iron one" and the "Settle middle Finland" to "Six golden eggs" and of course change the order of unlocking.

FIVE GOLDEN RINGS!!!
Four calling birds
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Tangent aside, it seems like some of these ideas are marchifying certain countries that otherwise would never see the light of day. Many of these new countries seem to be getting the def bonus.

not bad. guess i should make Finland my march beatstick as Russia again in 1.8.

They both have them. Sweden without Finland is like a **** without balls :)
That's quite the expression.
Just trivial, but while playing the game, a possible NI for Sweden could be "Domini Mares Baltici" / "Suecia Mare Nostrum", which could add 10% Galley Combat Ability.

not bad. guess i should make Finland my march beatstick as Russia again in 1.8.
Amen to that, even with generic ideas I found a Finnish vassal most useful in Russian campaigns, now they're perfect for marchmaking with NIs and AOW vassal control. I'll keep them around as long as possible. :)