National Ideagroups - 21st of October A - Montenegro

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This seems interesting.
What was the status of Montenegro in 1444? Was it really just a Serbian province?

After Serbian Empire fell apart, it imploded into a number of former feudal fiefs, now independent. The one centered in Northern Serbia emerged the most powerful and thanks to alliance with Bosnia it ended up killing the second strongest one (some time before EU4) and after that slowly eating former parts of the empire, including Zeta (Montenegro). So yes, it is a part of Moravian Serbia.

~1400:
591px-Central_balkans_1373_1395.png

~1422:
670px-Serbian_Despotate_%281422%29-en.svg.png

Albania has always been an interesting country to play as, but its lack of unique national ideas really ruins the players in game experience. Albanian ideas should be easy to come up with.

Albania has always been an interesting country to play as, but its lack of unique national ideas really ruins the players in game experience. Albanian ideas should be easy to come up with.
I don't mind having Albanian ideas but if they made them have huge defensive bonuses/military bonuses or whatever they need just to be able to stand against the Ottomans, it wouldn't make sense to me. If they will do historical ideas then It's ok.

I don't know about Art of War, but they are releasable in 1.7. They have a core in Zeta.

Yeah I know, and that's the problem. I'd like to go Ironman or just a normal game as an independent state but it seems a bit difficult as of now, since Montenegro doesn't exist if not released as a vassal.

Yeah I know, and that's the problem. I'd like to go Ironman or just a normal game as an independent state but it seems a bit difficult as of now, since Montenegro doesn't exist if not released as a vassal.
I agree. I can't tell you how much I'd like to make a huge Ironman Armenian empire all over Anatolia.

For all the people who are concerned about Albania, just wait. There's still like ten or so days till AOW come out so theirs lots of ideas left for them to show. Just gotta be patient.

Montenegro exists from 1451 to 1499. And again from 1515 until the end of the game. So basically they're not available in the Rise of the Ottomans and War of the League of Cambrai bookmarks only. Remember that there are other start dates than 1444.11.11 in this game, and Ironman doesn't prevent you from playing those.

Montenegro exists from 1451 to 1499. And again from 1515 until the end of the game. So basically they're not available in the Rise of the Ottomans and War of the League of Cambrai bookmarks only. Remember that there are other start dates than 1444.11.11 in this game, and Ironman doesn't prevent you from playing those.

Oh yeah you are right, thanks for the reminder.

For all the people who are concerned about Albania, just wait. There's still like ten or so days till AOW come out so theirs lots of ideas left for them to show. Just gotta be patient.

Didn't Wiz say in the last stream that they were adding somwhere around 90 ideas? And we currently have 34 ideas announced.

Some of this Montenegro ideas are questionable. From what i learned in history class they pretty much stayed in their mt. and lost their coastline to the Venetian Republic. Does anybody know will there be a south-slavic formable country like Yugoslavia or Iliria?

Cossack has a damn picture of the Balkans for every single argument in this game....... wtf :)
BTW, after I form Arabia, I'm going to meddle in the Russian lands as I haven't done a Russian campaign in too long. Are there any new revolters in Russia?