National Ideagroups - 19th of October C - Moldavia

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
Moldavia

Traditions
+10% Land Morale
+33% Better Relations Over Time

1. First Dismounting: +1 Prestige
  2. Razesi Peasants: +10% Manpower Recovery
  3. Upper Boyars: +25% Land Forcelimit
  4. Moldavia Hospodar: +1 Legitimacy
  5. Moldavia Metropoly: +2% Missionary Strength
  6. Vlach Shepherds: +50% Hostile Core Creation
  7. Moldavian Trade: +10% Trade Income

Ambition
+10% Defensiveness

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many European nations are getting ideas - I thought there was focus on ROTW?

Too many European nations are getting ideas - I thought there was focus on ROTW?

Oh come on, there's been over a thousand provinces added to the ROTW and Europe's gotten 10ish. And a lot of ROTW countries have group ideas anyway.

Let's count

Smolensk, Pskov, Tver, Yaroslavl, Ryazan, Krakow, Danzig, Silesia, Theodoro, Cyprus, Trebizond -> 11 Eastern OPMs with little chances of survival; maybe I could agree they should have a bit lower priority :p

Croatia, Wallachia, Bosnia, Georgia, Moldavia -> 5 Balkan countries; here I am absolutely not going to complain, Balkans needed some stuff! Previously only Serbia, Hungary and Ragusa had anything cool here.

Navarra, Provence - 2 Western minors; well they have positive response from a community.

Mogadishu, Ajuraan, Dahomey, Kanem Bornu, Air -> 5 African countries; hey the number of Subsaharan NIs is doubled ;)

Aztecs -> 1 American empire

Majapahit, Sunda, Afghanistan -> 3 major Asian countries.

18 of 27 are new European NIs. Yeah, 2/3. But I wouldn't panic as we have 10 days and 30 - 40 new NIs to see :) and almost all interesting European countries are done now :p

(I would still love to see NIs for Albania, Bulgaria and Finland lol)

I am 99% sure we will see Incan ideas. Also Mesoamerica and South America will be almost 40 tags now so I expect at least few NI sets here. Personally I would expect NIs for:

- Haida
- Maya nation
- Zapotec nation
- Inca
- second Andean nation
- Araucans or another badass SA tribe
- Ashanti (my fave)
- Hausa
- Mutapa
- Kilwa
- Ceylon
- Kurdistan
- Shan
- Lan Xang
- M'zan :p
- Timbuktu
- Khmer

Honestly with that many more tags incoming I have no idea what countries are they going to belong to...

I also would like to see some more meso/south american ideas, and for indian and west. african region. But we still have many days and i'm sure they'll work some idea groups. What i actually hoped they had focused in europe was actually some state that we have the chance to see alive during games, like an hre prince (even 3 more nations with their own idea groups would be alright), or rework some like palatinate which has a weak idea tree.

Also call it hometown love but I hope they will rework kingdom of naples idea set, it's always been weak and...random. And maybe rework the italian region, i would like to see ferrara with their own unique idea set, or urbino!

Don't forget to give some love to maghreb, i love what you're doing pdx

Moldavia

Traditions
+10% Land Morale
+33% Better Relations Over Time

1. First Dismounting: +1 Prestige
  2. Razesi Peasants: +10% Manpower Recovery
  3. Upper Boyars: +25% Land Forcelimit
  4. Moldavia Hospodar: +1 Legitimacy
  5. Moldavia Metropoly: +2% Missionary Strength
  6. Vlach Shepherds: +50% Hostile Core Creation
  7. Moldavian Trade: +10% Trade Income

Ambition
+10% Defensiveness
I like them.
Could you please rename "Moldavia Hospodar" to "Moldavian Voievode" or even better, something like "In the footsteps of Stephen the Great"? "Hospodar" is a purely Slavic term, we commonly used "domn/domnitor" (ruler) or "voievode" (prince). If you want to keep it, at least use "Gospodar".

Other than, great, even better than my suggestion (which will now go the way of the dodo :p).

I like them.
Could you please rename "Moldavia Hospodar" to "Moldavian Voievode" or even better, something like "In the footsteps of Stephen the Great"? "Hospodar" is a purely Slavic term, we commonly used "domn/domnitor" (ruler) or "voievode" (prince). If you want to keep it, at least use "Gospodar".

Other than, great, even better than my suggestion (which will now go the way of the dodo :p).
Voievode is purely slavic term and it means "leader of soldiers" ;).

Voievode is purely slavic term and it means "leader of soldiers" ;).
Yes, and we have a long list of Slavic loanwords. But many of those have been adapted - they have slightly different meanings in Romanian.

If I take this list of ideas and show it to an average Romanian:
Moldavian Hospodar - at first he won't understand what it means, then by analogy he will read "gospodar", which means householder, and he'll think of a long list of groceries.
Moldavian Voievode - immediately he'll think of Stephen the Great.

We don't want people to think of groceries when playing EU4, right? ;)

Christians already have enough strength through decisions, 1% should have been enough IMO.

Depends when it comes in the tree. As the 5th idea its basically useless unless you're constantly conquering base tax 8 provinces.

Moldavian Hospodar - at first he won't understand what it means, then by analogy he will read "gospodar", which means householder, and he'll think of a long list of groceries.

Gospodar is the same word as Hospodar, G to H is a standard shift, mainly in Ukrainian (eg Galich to Halych). Both may have gotten into Romanian with different meanings, the same thing happened in English (ward and guard are the same word, one from French and one from German).

Voivode would probably be better, that's what's used in English when it isn't translated to Prince.