National Ideagroups - 19th of October B - Bosnia

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1823)

Johan's Home Account
Mar 14, 2001
Bosnia

Traditions
+25% Religious UNity
+3 Tolerance for HEretics

1. Heretic Teachings: -5% Technology Cost
  2. Per Aspera Ad Astra: +1 Legitimacy
  3. Empower Bosnian Nobility: +1 Free Leader
  4. Italian Connections: +1 Diplomatic Relations
  5. Land of Princes: +25% Vassal Forcelimit
  6. Flexible Diplomacy: +1 Diplomat
  7. Over Hills Through Woods: +1 Hostile Attrition, +15% Defensiveness

Ambition
-15% Core Creation Cost

With so many states getting pretty solid ideas, will the old unique ideas be boosted if they are pretty weak?

Some, yeah.

"Italian Connections: +1 Diplomatic Relations"

Does this (and other states getting +1 relations) mean
A: "provence gets more relations than anyone else because it's provence."
Or
B: "the +2 relations for provence was a typo that wasn't corrected."
?

Dat idea.

[*]Over Hills Through Woods: +1 Hostile Attrition, +15% Defensiveness
[/LIST]
Ambition
-15% Core Creation Cost
To Grandmother's house we go.

"Italian Connections: +1 Diplomatic Relations"

Does this (and other states getting +1 relations) mean
A: "provence gets more relations than anyone else because it's provence."
Or
B: "the +2 relations for provence was a typo that wasn't corrected."
?
Some nations do get more bonus in the same stat than others. I don't see how this is anything to be confused about.

Some nations do get more bonus in the same stat than others. I don't see how this is anything to be confused about.

There was a global reduction in diplomatic relations for everyone a few patches ago (went from many +2 bonus's to all +1's), provence now gets +2 whereas no-one else does anymore (also idea groups only get +1 whereas they used to give +2). I was hoping when they announced provence's ideas that they had de-nerfed the number of relations available. Provence getting +2 would be odd due to the previous nerf. I'm not against provence getting 2, but it seems slightly odd in this case. Just wondering if it was a typo or provence is special :).

Right, I see what you mean. Maybe they just thought such a powerful idea was appropriate, maybe so Provence could last longer against France (by having more allies)?

Bosnia

Traditions
+25% Religious UNity
+3 Tolerance for HEretics

1. Heretic Teachings: -5% Technology Cost
  2. Per Aspera Ad Astra: +1 Legitimacy
  3. Empower Bosnian Nobility: +1 Free Leader
  4. Italian Connections: +1 Diplomatic Relations
  5. Land of Princes: +25% Vassal Forcelimit
  6. Flexible Diplomacy: +1 Diplomat

Ambition
-15% Core Creation Cost

Religious tolerance, legitimacy, techs, diplo relations, diplomat and coring. Okay, I have my favourite Balkan country (next to Wallachia :p )

Any more Balkan tags to be added? Unfortunately most Greek Minors lose their cores around 1500.

With so many states getting pretty solid ideas, will the old unique ideas be boosted if they are pretty weak?
I was hoping generic national ideas got removed all together... why would you want to see them on the map anyway?
PD: Nevermind, you said the "old unique national ideas", in that respect, they already mentioned that they are going to buff some like serbian national ideas.

Any more Balkan tags to be added? Unfortunately most Greek Minors lose their cores around 1500.

I think Greek minors should simply have their own Greek NI group.

Also, for all these minor generic countries with generic ideas I would simply make few generic regional groups (with better effects than these pointless generics now)

- Western National Ideas
- Eastern NI
- Subsaharan
- Muslim
- High American
- Tribal American
- Hindu
- Oriental