National Ideagroups - 16th of October - B (Silesia)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wizzington

Game Director (Victoria 3)
Paradox Staff
41 Badges
Nov 15, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Silesia

Traditions
+1 Prestige
+1 Diplomatic Reputation

1. Under the Influence: +15% Better Relations Over Time
  2. Silesian Duchies: -10% Stability Cost Modifier
  3. German Settlers: -20% Build Cost
  4. Raubritter: +10% Trade Steering
  5. Via Regia: +10% Trade Efficiency
  6. Hanseatic Ties: +10% Province Trade Power Modifier
  7. Black Gold: +10% Production Efficiency

Ambition
+10% Global Tax Modifier

Practically all economic boosts, huh.

I see another +1 diplo rep NI, which is totally worthless in current state of game. is diplo rep going to be changed in 1.8 for something more useful?
It reduces diplomatic annexation cost, besides the usual trust/alliance forming effect it has now.

It reduces diplomatic annexation cost, besides the usual trust/alliance forming effect it has now.
Only cost reduction or does it speed up the process as well(again)? have a vague memory it used to speed up the process in the distant past...

Only cost reduction or does it speed up the process as well(again)? have a vague memory it used to speed up the process in the distant past...

Speeds up process, does not reduce cost. +1 now in 1.8 is also equivalent to +3 in 1.7 in terms of effect on diplomacy.

I see another +1 diplo rep NI, which is totally worthless in current state of game. is diplo rep going to be changed in 1.8 for something more useful?

I wish people would read the comments better. This as come up and been explained every day for nearly a week, usually on the first page even. It's also being uninflated; +1 is now equivalent to +3 in the old versions.

And that is a whole lot of economics. Yup.

EDIT: And Wiz had already explained.

Speeds up process, does not reduce cost. +1 now in 1.8 is also equivalent to +3 in 1.7 in terms of effect on diplomacy.
Could you give some more details about the algorithm?

From what you're saying I understand something like this:
1. 15 DIP per 1 BT per month. So for a 4 BT vassal you'd wait 4 months and it would cost 60 DIP.
2. 1 Diplomatic reputation = 16 DIP per month (still 15 DIP per BT), 60 / 16 = 3,75 months?

Am I getting the principle right?

Last edited:
I wish people would read the comments better. This as come up and been explained every day for nearly a week, usually on the first page even. It's also being uninflated; +1 is now equivalent to +3 in the old versions.

And that is a whole lot of economics. Yup.

EDIT: And Wiz had already explained.
@Darsara I am terribly sorry for asking the question as it hasn't been mentioned in the developer diaries yet. Next time I have a question about diplomatic reputation I will surely read the comments on Afghanistans National Ideas. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Wiz thank you for answering. Although I guess now with diprep you have to be more careful, when fighting wars while integrating big vassals, so you don't run out of diplo points for the peace deal.

Could you give some more details about the algorithm?

From what you're saying I'm understand something like this:
1. 15 DIP per 1 BT per month. So for a 4 BT vassal you'd wait 4 months and it would cost 60 DIP.
2. 1 Diplomatic reputation = 16 DIP per month (still 15 DIP per BT), 60 / 16 = 3,75 months?

Am I getting the principle right?

no... annexations are slower, we'll talk about it next week.