National Ideagroups - 16th of October - A (Theodoro)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
will look forward to seeing people LP with this nation.

not bad ideas.

They are a small Gothic Principality in Crimea, added in 1.8.
Just noticed a semi-related dust-up in the CK2 forums, and am curious about the EU4 implementation of Theodoro.

Is "goth" or "gothic" or "crimean goth" culture going to be in the Scandinavian culture group, as one might expect from the name? Or is it going to be related to Greek, Tatar, or Slavic, given the population realities of the region in this period?

Just noticed a semi-related dust-up in the CK2 forums, and am curious about the EU4 implementation of Theodoro.

Is "goth" or "gothic" or "crimean goth" culture going to be in the Scandinavian culture group, as one might expect from the name? Or is it going to be related to Greek, Tatar, or Slavic, given the population realities of the region in this period?

Byzantine group.

Looks like a good mix of things, I hope there are some special achievements for this one.
Wiz can you let us know if we can be expecting anything special with them?

Also there seems to be a weird obsession with finding the smallest nations and conquering the world with them among Paradox fans.

Last edited:
Is their culture still 'Goths' in the current iteration of the game? That really irked me from the stream it was shown on — it should be Gothic to stay in line with the kind of sentences it's used in.

"Convert the culture of Constantinople to Goths?"

"We're already working in Trebizond to make it Goths culture."

Is their culture still 'Goths' in the current iteration of the game? That really irked me from the stream it was shown on — it should be Gothic to stay in line with the kind of sentences it's used in.

"Convert the culture of Constantinople to Goths?"

"We're already working in Trebizond to make it Goths culture."

It's Gothic now.

I wonder which cultures will be in the Byzantine group.