National Ideagroups - 14th of October - C

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Navarra

Traditions
+20% Naval Forcelimits
-20% Lightship Costs

1. Dorretxeak Towers: +10% Defensiveness
  2. Navarrese Company: -15% Mercenary Cost
  3. Intrepid Pioneers: +20 Colonial Growth
  4. Transatlantic Whaling: +10% Production Efficiency
  5. Crosspyrenean Trade: -2.5% Technology Cost & 25% Trade Steering.
  6. Royal Basque Society: -10% Idea Cost
  7. End of Fueros: -10% Stability Cost

Ambitions
+10% Trade Efficiency

Nice!

Wow. Super ideas, I love this -idea cost. + a "Drag nach Westen" maybe, to america? :)

Lot of naval ideas for a country landlocked for most of the game's time frame. There were Basque sailors and colonists but Basque isn't automatically the same thing as Navarran.

I was hoping for culture conversion cost reduction so I could just spam Basque all over Aquitaine and Iberia.

What a bummer...just finished a Navarra-game with their generic idea set....
Those are some nice and Fitting ideas...by the way: what is all the whining about "underpowered NIs or stupid gemeric ones" about?

While this is very nice, for the purpose of actually surviving as Navarra their old set may even have been better: you will sorely need +2,5% discipline and the naval ideas won't come into Play until 50-60 years into the game...good luck with upkeeping/constructing a fleet as piss-poor Navarra.

P.S.: This is no criticism at all...to the contrary:)

Nice to see Navarra getting ideas, they really deserved something to make them stand out. The ideas are a bit incoherent, though nothing bad.

I have a question however: seeing as national ideas are a rather cheap and easily made way to improve flavour, how open are you to suggestions from the fans? I've seen some nice suggestions on the forums and I have some ideas myself.

Nice to see Navarra getting ideas, they really deserved something to make them stand out. The ideas are a bit incoherent, though nothing bad.

I have a question however: seeing as national ideas are a rather cheap and easily made way to improve flavour, how open are you to suggestions from the fans? I've seen some nice suggestions on the forums and I have some ideas myself.
While Paradox doesn't like to make comments or give away whether they'll use ideas I don't think you can go wrong with posting suggestions.