National Ideagroups - 13th of October - A

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Majapahit & Sunda
Also known as Javan States

Traditions
+2 Tolerance for Heatherns
-1% Prestige Decay

1. Candi Shrines: +20% Religious Unity
  2. Indianization: -10% Idea Cost
  3. Dharmasastra: +2% Missionary Strength
  4. Pan Asia Trade: +1 Merchant & +10% Trade Steering
  5. Bi-Yearly Harvest: +10% Goods Produced
  6. Modernised Shipbuilding: -10% Ship Costs
  7. Terracotta Banking: +10% Trade Efficiency

Ambition
-20% Naval Maintainance

(I guess we have to start having 3-4 countries per day now to finish in time before release)

A lot of trading NIs lately...

This will be fun to secure Malacca + Philippines!

I only have one thing to say against it. When you have +2 tolerance and +20% religious unity, it would inspire to play a tolerant game, at least for the immersion, but the idea with missionary strength seems to work against the two other religious ideas.

Still looking forward to try out this.

Oooh more info. Basque ideas next maybe?

Didn't just post an identical message in the other thread?

Would be good to have a national idea converting you to Sunni...

Don't think that's how National Ideas work. You'd want an event or decision for that, instead.

National Ideas are simply bonuses, very similar to the Leader bonuses of Civilization.

Heathen Tolerance, Religious Unity, and... Missionary Strenght?
Seems a bit odd?
Not at all, you are surrounded with Muslims and all of this stuff really help.

Very nice NI, balanced and perfectly fit for SE Asia nation. Reminds a lot on Malaya ideas but still adds enough flavor for those 2 countries. Certainly better then crappy Georgia ideas.

This will be fun to secure Malacca + Philippines!

I only have one thing to say against it. When you have +2 tolerance and +20% religious unity, it would inspire to play a tolerant game, at least for the immersion, but the idea with missionary strength seems to work against the two other religious ideas.

Not at all, at least in the current build Indonesia is already overwhelmingly muslim, with Indochina being dominated by Buddhism. Some of the provinces in Indonesia can by quite hard to convert (Makassar and Brunei have 8 BT each, at least in 1.7), and the issue only gets worse in the mainland. Unless one starts to stack missionary strength bonuses from the very start, those rich provinces might stay Sunni/Buddhistic for quite some time, meaning that Tolerance and RU will have their uses.

Majapahit & Sunda
Also known as Javan States

YES!!!

Today there is a beautiful day - two countries I most wanted to receive NIs, Afghanistan and Majapahit, receive them ;_;

Furthermore, I love almost every single of those ideas as I love tolerance ideas + trade.

It is quite possible now Majapahit will be my first AOW country - let's unite Indonesia :)

It's nice that they have ideas now, but I don't really agree with heathen tolerance. I'd rather that both states were likely to collapse to Muslim rebels, which is more analogous to the historical situation.

It's nice that they have ideas now, but I don't really agree with heathen tolerance. I'd rather that both states were likely to collapse to Muslim rebels, which is more analogous to the historical situation.
I on the other hand agree that they should get heathen tolerance (bhineka tunggal ika is basically a declaration of religious tolerance)...

But in exchange, as I've said in a post in other thread, there should be an event or chain of event where Islam grows in Java island...
In which, once Sunni exist in enough provinces or other criteria (like low legitimacy) fulfilled Demak will appear...
Or your kingdom choose Sunni as National Religion...