• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mahenzo

Corporal
108 Badges
Apr 11, 2010
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
*jumps down from the ceiling*
Hello there.

So, um, some time ago I started making a little narrative series on Youtube, using Age of Wonders 3 as a base. What is that series, you ask? Well, basically it's pretty much an audiobook or - more accurately - something similar to a radio show. Simply put, I play through a game in AoW3 and then narrate the whole thing like a chronicle. Additionally, I add dialogues between characters in form of cut-scenes (all voiced by myself, since this is pretty much just a hobbyist project) and some worldbuilding.

Anyways, episode 2 is up now, so I just wanted to share - maybe some of you will find this little storytelling experiment interesting and/or entertaining.

Cheers
mahu

Nice work - You have a real good voice for that too. I've been looking for AoW stories, a shame those don't pop up more often! And a mighty workload you put upon yourself if you want to tell the story to it's end, the map looks pretty big.
Good luck with the endeavour.

Ps.: Maybe you should also advertise your series here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/other-games-aars.912/ I know this is basically dead, but with AoW3 and planetfall maybe it can be filled a bit. :D

Many thanks for kind words, my good fellows. I'm actually still surprised someone enjoys my ramblings - always thought it a bit bland and monotone, but then again no one really likes the sound of their own recorded voice.

Fluksen - it's true that this game may take a while but I'm more than up for it, since I always wanted to write my own fantasy story. I also wanted to write sci-fi and managed to deliver Stellaris series (also on my channel) to an end over almost 2 years. And bloody hell, was it a blast to work on it.

Hiliadan - Hell yes I'd love to help with Shadow Realms. I'll check the wiki to familiarize myself with it, but if there's ever any voice acting you need doing, I'm your man.

the story continues (i usually make 1 vid per 2 weeks, since they're quite time-consuming to make, and real life has this annoying tendency of not caring about hobbyist youtube channels)