• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

John Forseti

Northumbrian Nationalist
112 Badges
Jan 13, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • For the Motherland
Now that the game is no longer with Introversion and that the feature was discontinued over a year ago - is there any way to turn these damn things off yet? There's nearly 30,000 ill-conceived unedited and unvetted intrusions in there according to the menu, and even the tiny minority of ones that aren't riddled with typos are generally wildly out of keeping with the tone of the game. I just dont want to see Ashley "Cuntpuncher" JazzHands - 'i really like to punch beef pies' and the like turning up every 5 minutes.

• 2Like
Reactions:
They were actually vetted.

I sincerely hope this is not going away because the game would probably not exist if it wasn't for these original rewards.

@Fifnaril The data somehow got corrupted when they moved away from using the text file format, to my knowledge, the 2018 anniversary edition text file contains the right data, but I'm not sure if it is the most recent data available before the conversion to names_in_the_game.bin .

• 1Like
Reactions:

No they were not. Just look at this crap;

gtNGoMu.png

7SxoKi5.png

Aj78uFS.png

aBTi8J1.png

ZLjzvZA.png

800GEXk.png

IaTZGrX.png

I sincerely hope this is not going away because the game would probably not exist if it wasn't for these original rewards.

And there were thousands and thousands of people like me who still paid in at early access back in 2012 without using this who also funded the game. And it was already discontinued in 2019. If you want to keep seeing these kinds of things in your games though, I dont care knock yourself out. I'd just look the option at this point to turn them off so I dont have to see them when I play.

Reactions:
Yes but the game was playable and in early access, at that point.

People paid a lot of money back then because they wanted the game to be a reality, some paying as high as 1000$ for the wardens.
There was no guarantee the game would go anywhere.

Yes but the game was playable and in early access, at that point.

People paid a lot of money back then because they wanted the game to be a reality, some paying as high as 1000$ for the wardens.
There was no guarantee the game would go anywhere.

What? The game was always playable from the first moment it started being sold. You went to introversions website to back then, bought a pack and they emailed you access to the alpha. According to this site within six months they raised over a million dollars and 75% of that was just the base version with no extras, so "name in the game" gave the devs extra cash but it is not responsible for the games existence.

Regardless though, this is a total non-sequitor. Its over 9 years later now, the game has gone somewhere; introversion sold the game off. Its got a new publisher and developper. Let me turn the fan names off.

Reactions:

@Fifnaril The data somehow got corrupted when they moved away from using the text file format, to my knowledge, the 2018 anniversary edition text file contains the right data, but I'm not sure if it is the most recent data available before the conversion to names_in_the_game.bin .
Thank you for the tag! I will create a ticket and talk to the team regarding the issues with the names in the game.

Reactions:
No they were not. Just look at this crap;

gtNGoMu.png

7SxoKi5.png

Aj78uFS.png

aBTi8J1.png

ZLjzvZA.png

800GEXk.png

IaTZGrX.png

And there were thousands and thousands of people like me who still paid in at early access back in 2012 without using this who also funded the game. And it was already discontinued in 2019. If you want to keep seeing these kinds of things in your games though, I dont care knock yourself out. I'd just look the option at this point to turn them off so I dont have to see them when I play.
I will forward the request/suggestion to add a disable option for names in the game. Thank you for the feedback!

• 2Love
Reactions:
I will forward the request/suggestion to add a disable option for names in the game. Thank you for the feedback!
Hey thanks, I also would love to know why they decided to change it to some kind of serialized data dump compared to the original text format. Until I started poking at it with a hex editor I was convinced that it was just the game loading my name improperly.

There also appears to be some problems with the "face in the game" backers, they appear to all have the right custom mugshot path, but the custom face sprite loaded by the game is incorrect, example:

Adrian AwYoung is n° 119715, uses mugshot 125987, his face is on collumn 2, row 32 of the special entities sprite sheet, but he gets the face of Lewis McGann collumn 2, row 14.

Chris Delay is n° 32979, uses mugshot 2, his face is on collumn 1, row 1, but he gets the face of Loki Cruden collumn 3, row 9.

As for me, I'm 114808, and should be: body 4, scale 1, head 20, skin color 0xfed89aff, but I'm also not supposed to have a nickname, and I somehow was given the nickname of Ben Rea (245334) "Reggae"

Last edited: