• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(535862)

Recruit
1 Badges
Aug 15, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Hello,
I wanted to choose Meta as my nickname but it was already chosen and so I changed to |Meta| (with vertical bar) but it can't be typed ingame (if I try I get a § and can't copy even using hotkeys), but before I discovered I had already registered my game copy with this account, so I ask if my profile name could be changed to Meta101.
Thanks in advance!

That's correct: there is no way to move a registered game from one user ID to another. You could start a new ID and ask for this current one to be banned, but you'd lose the registration.

Looking online Italian keyboards have the pipe character | as the top-left key, and you say you get the § character ingame. How about typing the § character then? That appears to be the same key as US keyboards use for the |

That's correct: there is no way to move a registered game from one user ID to another. You could start a new ID and ask for this current one to be banned, but you'd lose the registration.

Looking online Italian keyboards have the pipe character | as the top-left key, and you say you get the § character ingame. How about typing the § character then? That appears to be the same key as US keyboards use for the |

I already tried and I still get a §. I also tried every possible modifier combination on every button (Shift,Alt,Alt+Shift) and I can't get a |.

So I guess goodbye achivements...

Have you tried to hold 'alt' while you type the number 124 this combination should result in this |

I already tried and I still get a §. I also tried every possible modifier combination on every button (Shift,Alt,Alt+Shift) and I can't get a |.

So I guess goodbye achivements...
Achievements are already gone as the Paradox Connect server is now permanently down, and the next EU3:DW patch 5.2 will disable them in-game as well.